Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 Oct 2007, 16:32 (Ref:2040868)   #201
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The ACO has confirmed Le Mans for the 14th and 15th June.
Old 15 Oct 2007, 17:27 (Ref:2040919)   #202
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Time to book holiday tomorrow then.
Old 15 Oct 2007, 17:33 (Ref:2040923)   #203
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
I dont really see what the P2 weights have to do with it as I dont believe the P2 cars will be competitive at le mans with or without the weight changes.
It's not the weight, it's the changes. Dyson appreciate not being slapped around by seemingly arbitrary rules changes, after getting assurances that the rules would NOT be changed.

Both Chris and Rob have raced at Le Mans before; I'm sure Chris will have a go at it in the next 3 or 5 years, but I think this coming year is unlikely. (I'd love to be proven wrong on that, though.)
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 15 Oct 2007, 17:42 (Ref:2040933)   #204
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Also confirmed is the test day June 1st. I was of a mind that they were going to make it a shorter interval between in order to keep the reserves in play longer.(?)

L.P.
Old 15 Oct 2007, 18:13 (Ref:2040960)   #205
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Also confirmed is the test day June 1st. I was of a mind that they were going to make it a shorter interval between in order to keep the reserves in play longer.(?)

L.P.
2 weeks not short enough?
Old 16 Oct 2007, 07:25 (Ref:2041328)   #206
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Especially as it isn't really 2 weeks! With Scrutineering on Monday and Tuesday of LM week it's really only a week after the test day, so doesn't give much time at all to do any rectification! How much closer could the test day be?????
Old 16 Oct 2007, 08:52 (Ref:2041408)   #207
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman
The ACO has confirmed Le Mans for the 14th and 15th June.

Always good to have confirmation that the days you booked for leave weeks ago were the right ones! Thanks Spyderman.
Old 16 Oct 2007, 09:15 (Ref:2041440)   #208
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Any time Aysedasi! I only wish I could be there with you guys!
Maybe 2009.
Old 16 Oct 2007, 12:09 (Ref:2041649)   #209
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ok, say i'm a uni student who might be looking at this for the first time this year;

how much time/money do i need to budget?

any help is useful cheers
Old 16 Oct 2007, 12:36 (Ref:2041688)   #210
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It depends how you choose to do it.

I reckon one of the cheapest ways is to MRI it over on one of their cheap and cheerful coach trips.

However, the first experience is very important. You don;t want to be hurried while you savour the sights, sounds and smells of the Le Mans experience (and I'm not talking about the bally diesels either...... )
Old 16 Oct 2007, 12:38 (Ref:2041693)   #211
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler
ok, say i'm a uni student who might be looking at this for the first time this year;

MM,

First off, track down a copy of the Club Arnage Guide from this year, it's as good as (indeed, better than) most other guides out there.

In a nutshell, your options range from:

1) Cheapo - Get a cheap crossing (eg Norfolk Line or Speedferries £50 return), a car full of mates, a couple of tents in the boot. Travel down on Friday, back on sunday evening/Monday morning. You'll need a camping ticket per vehicle (£50-ish, either from the ACO direct or a spare via the Club Arnage forum) and a general entrance ticket each (£40? available on the door). Only extras are food and drinks. (Might work out as low as £60 a head if 3 or 4 of you to a car)

2) Pricey - goto the website of a tour operator, open wallet, tubby-boo-hoo when bank statement arrives. This is the only option to get certain camp sites (£150-200).

3) Average - Book your own ferry crossing, travel on Tuesday or Wednesday, buy camping, grandstands, entry tix from the ACO (with member's discount if there is a group of you) and live it up for a week, should cost around £100 per head..

The sites you should look at:

http://www.lemans.org - Official Site
Club Arnage - good forums
Pistonheads.com has a Le Mans forum
Here.
Old 16 Oct 2007, 13:32 (Ref:2041738)   #212
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Cheers, Trucko' (how do you shorten truckosaurus to save finger time??), looks like i might have to leave it for this year

Probably still do Spa though, not sure yet.
We shall see!
Old 16 Oct 2007, 14:47 (Ref:2041805)   #213
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmangle
how do you shorten truckosaurus to save finger time??
I'll answer to anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM
looks like i might have to leave it for this year
For shame! Check out the options anyway, there must be a way of getting there whatever the time/money budget - there's also discounted youth fares on the Eurostar/TGV as another way of getting there.
Old 16 Oct 2007, 14:50 (Ref:2041809)   #214
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Not a bad idea, the Eurostar idea; but i'm 18 now, so i'm not sure that'd work.
Could see if anyone else around the uni wants to go, i suppose.
Old 16 Oct 2007, 14:54 (Ref:2041815)   #215
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Jake, The Speedchills option is still open! I PM'd you about it a while ago, trust me it doesnt get any cheaper than that! They pay for your ferry, accomodation, food and drink whilst you are on duty and a race ticket!
A truly great team and a fantastic laugh with the punters! Trust me, I know, Im one of the guys who went this year and Im down to go next aswell!
Cant ******* wait!
Old 16 Oct 2007, 15:01 (Ref:2041824)   #216
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
i'll get hold of them

that'd be good.
Old 16 Oct 2007, 19:15 (Ref:2042104)   #217
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
C8? Would you drop ME a note about this???

Ta,
Old 17 Oct 2007, 01:49 (Ref:2042321)   #218
Roel_Ooms
Rookie

Roel_Ooms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When will the A.C.O. open their box office for the 08 edition? This year I was a bit late with reserving, we almost ended up with grand stand 22 tickets...
Old 17 Oct 2007, 05:35 (Ref:2042366)   #219
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey
C8? Would you drop ME a note about this???

Ta,
No probs Tim, Check your PM's.
Old 17 Oct 2007, 07:34 (Ref:2042397)   #220
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roel_Ooms
When will the A.C.O. open their box office for the 08 edition? This year I was a bit late with reserving, we almost ended up with grand stand 22 tickets...
Contact them NOW to reserve your tickets! Ticket reservations for next year started just after the test day this year, and the ACO were taking bookings at this years race ready for next year, so it may already be too late to get exactly what you want...
Old 17 Oct 2007, 15:47 (Ref:2042771)   #221
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Time? As much as possible. For my first five visits, I was restricted to having to return to the UK on Sunday moring, so only saw the LM 13 hours. My initial visit was a car, a tent, a credit card and an open mind.

Cost? Over the years, the trip has become extended. It's Thursday to Monday; it's anything up to 20 people and six cars; it's a gastronomic weekend (Roast Beef and Yorkshire Puds for Sunday dinner after the race!) and the total cost per capita is still under £100.

Do it by whatever means you can. You won't regret it, but be warned - it's addictive. Like many other contributors to this forum, my LM trips now number well over 20.....
Old 18 Oct 2007, 11:36 (Ref:2043455)   #222
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
In 1999 I turned 40 and was residing in Portugal. My 40th anniversary present from my good wife was to give us flights to Paris and tickets (with pit walk) to Le Mans.
All I had to pay for was car rental, hotel (2 nights before and 1 after) and food.
It was magnificent! A realization of a life long dream! (As well as the recognition that I had married one of the best women on the planet)
The only drawback, and much to my chagrin, was that 1999 was the 1st year that Porsche pulled out! (So my dream hasn’t been fulfilled in its entirety).
On the other hand, we were present in the year that the Mercedes behaved much like flapjacks down the Mulsanne straight.
We spared no expense!
I would very much like to return in 2009, and live with the hope that maybe, just maybe, my dream will be wholly fulfilled.
Old 18 Oct 2007, 12:40 (Ref:2043538)   #223
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I'm not going for the first time in 7 years. Le Man is the same weekend as the Isle of Wight Festival and everyman and his dog has already booked the time leading up to it off.
Old 18 Oct 2007, 16:21 (Ref:2043758)   #224
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
that is not good. Come to Spa 24 instead!
Old 19 Oct 2007, 07:05 (Ref:2044269)   #225
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Quote:
that is not good. Come to Spa 24 instead!
Failing that why not try the Silverstone 24Hr? Brilliant laugh!