Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 11 Apr 2023, 10:54 (Ref:4151056)   #2276
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
I wonder if the amount of sponsorship/financial backing changed causing a reversal of the naming order? Could also connect up with a potential last minute driver change as well.
More likely to be that Powell IS One Motorsport and wants his brand first in the description is HIS press release?
Old 11 Apr 2023, 10:56 (Ref:4151057)   #2277
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
For me I would say Butcher and Cook could challenge those five as they've both got stronger engines than they had last year.
Yeah I think it’ll be very close at the front. Morgan will be another one not far behind, and I expect Moffat to be pretty close to Cook.

Excelr8 look the weakest out the top teams. The one with six cars doesn’t get one name thrown up! I do hope Thompson can manage a breakthrough win though.
Old 11 Apr 2023, 11:07 (Ref:4151059)   #2278
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Excelr8 look the weakest out the top teams. The one with six cars doesn’t get one name thrown up! I do hope Thompson can manage a breakthrough win though.
If Excelr8 want to win lots of trophies, they need to hope Chilton has a better season and Pearson gets up to speed quickly.

A Thompson race win could be a reality in a Race 3 at some point this season.
Old 11 Apr 2023, 11:19 (Ref:4151062)   #2279
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2023 TBL Team Car Driver Status Jack Sears
EXCELR8-1BRISTOL STREET MOTORS with EXCELR8Hyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceIngram Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-2BRISTOL STREET MOTORS with EXCELR8Hyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceChilton Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-3BRISTOL STREET MOTORS with EXCELR8Hyundai i30 Fastback N PerformancePearsonConfirmed in press releaseElig.
EXCELR8-4BRISTOL STREET MOTORS with EXCELR8Hyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceHalsteadConfirmed in press releaseElig.
Motorbase-1NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STSuttonConfirmed as 3-year deal in press releaseInel.
Motorbase-2NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STCammishConfirmed as 3-year deal in press releaseInel.
Motorbase-3NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STOsborneConfirmed in press releaseElig.
Motorbase-4NAPA Racing UKFord Focus ST RowbottomConfirmed in press releaseInel.
HARD.-1HARD. Cupra LeónButelConfirmed in press releaseElig.
HARD.-2HARD.Cupra LeónThompsonConfirmed in press releaseInel.
HARD.-3HARD.Cupra LeónPattersonConfirmed in press releaseElig.
Boardley-1HARD.Cupra LeónLloydConfirmed in press releaseInel.
Aiden Moffat-1HARD.Cupra LeónEdwardsConfirmed in press releaseElig.
Aiden Moffat-2HARD. Cupra LeónHamiltonConfirmed in press releaseElig.
Speedworks-1Toyota GAZOO Racing UKToyota Corolla GR SportButcherConfirmed in press releaseInel.
Speedworks-2Toyota GAZOO Racing UKToyota Corolla GR SportCollardConfirmed in press releaseInel.
Speedworks-3Toyota GAZOO Racing UKToyota Corolla GR SportGambleConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-1Team BMWBMW 330e M SportMorganConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-2Team BMWBMW 330e M SportTurkingtonConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-3Laser Tools Racing with MB MotorsportBMW 330e M SportHillConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-4Team BMWBMW 330e M SportJelleyConfirmed in press releaseInel.
PMR-1CarStore Power Maxed RacingVauxhall Astra Taylor-SmithConfirmed in press releaseInel.
PMR-2CarStore Power Maxed RacingVauxhall AstraWatsonConfirmed in press releaseElig.
HARD.-4CarStore Power Maxed RacingVauxhall AstraDobleConfirmed in press releaseElig.
BTC-1Starline Racing by One MotorsportHonda Civic Type RMoffatConfirmed in press releaseInel.
BTC-2Starline Racing by One MotorsportHonda Civic Type RCookConfirmed in press releaseInel.
BTC-3One Motorsport with Starline RacingHonda Civic Type RPowellConfirmed in press releaseElig.
Team Dynamics-1?????????Team Dynamics taking a sabbatical in 2023???
Team Dynamics-2?????????Team Dynamics taking a sabbatical in 2023???
TOCA-1Not allocated    
TOCA-2Not allocated    
TOCA-3Not allocated    
Old 11 Apr 2023, 11:21 (Ref:4151063)   #2280
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think we have plenty of potential race winners, but perhaps we need a few of them to be a bit more consistent to offer a title challenge. Coom and Morgan are among those for me.
Old 11 Apr 2023, 11:23 (Ref:4151064)   #2281
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
If Excelr8 want to win lots of trophies, they need to hope Chilton has a better season and Pearson gets up to speed quickly.
Chilton will do much better this year. He's paid to have a new chassis built, because that was absolutely reason he didn't do that well last year.
Old 11 Apr 2023, 11:25 (Ref:4151065)   #2282
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
For next year, I predict that we are looking at:

Title Contenders:
Jake Hill (champion)
Ash Sutton
Tom Ingram

Outsiders:
Colin Turkington
Rory Butcher
Josh Cook

Other race winners (or those in contention for wins):
Adam Morgan
Dan Cammish
Stephen Jelley
George Gamble
Dan Rowbottom
Aiden Moffat

Upper midfield:
Ricky Collard
Tom Chilton
Dan Lloyd
Bobby Thompson

Lower midfield:
Aron Taylor-Smith
Sam Osborne
Andrew Watson
Ronan Pearson
Dexter Patterson

Backmarkers:
Mikey Doble
Will Powell
Nick Halstead
Jade Edwards
Jack Butel
Nic Hamilton
Old 11 Apr 2023, 11:29 (Ref:4151067)   #2283
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
They should of given it to Jack Goff......

I can see why he's involved, he's paying some of the bills after all.
Given? And how would this be funded?
Old 11 Apr 2023, 11:35 (Ref:4151069)   #2284
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Afraid I don't agree with all the negativity, if anything there's now more chance of seeing others challenging for wins and podiums. Most drivers have found drives with other teams anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what this shake-up does for the series.

Last edited by Pickles; 11 Apr 2023 at 11:44.
Old 11 Apr 2023, 11:35 (Ref:4151070)   #2285
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Given? And how would this be funded?
I think it was a joke
Old 11 Apr 2023, 11:56 (Ref:4151075)   #2286
Speedysnapper
Rookie

Speedysnapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to say this looks like the most underwhelming, dissapointing grid of recent years, todays announcement just further confirms that….. what a shame….
Old 11 Apr 2023, 12:19 (Ref:4151081)   #2287
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
I think it was a joke
Absolutely!
Old 11 Apr 2023, 12:35 (Ref:4151085)   #2288
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I don't think the grid looks too bad, got enough quality drivers in it
Old 11 Apr 2023, 12:43 (Ref:4151090)   #2289
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the end of the day any team and driver is free to enter if they can put the deal together. As has been mentioned the 4 and 6 car teams probably wouldn't have so many if there were others able to enter. It would be a massive shame if the drivers from teams who have pulled out found themselves without a drive, but most of them haven't. And as much as people will complain about Will Powell (yes it was a disappointing announcement), there's a reason why he's in the car and not Shedden, Goff or any other number of drivers. £££...
Old 11 Apr 2023, 13:06 (Ref:4151094)   #2290
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
For next year, I predict that we are looking at:

Title Contenders:
Jake Hill (champion)
Ash Sutton
Tom Ingram

Outsiders:
Colin Turkington
Rory Butcher
Josh Cook

Other race winners (or those in contention for wins):
Adam Morgan
Dan Cammish
Stephen Jelley
George Gamble
Dan Rowbottom
Aiden Moffat

Upper midfield:
Ricky Collard
Tom Chilton
Dan Lloyd
Bobby Thompson

Lower midfield:
Aron Taylor-Smith
Sam Osborne
Andrew Watson
Ronan Pearson
Dexter Patterson

Backmarkers:
Mikey Doble
Will Powell
Nick Halstead
Jade Edwards
Jack Butel
Nic Hamilton
Aside from some good or bad luck, I think this is the sort of order the championship will end in
Old 11 Apr 2023, 13:10 (Ref:4151095)   #2291
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Andrew Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking at it objectively, the only top fifteen 2022 driver without a 2023 drive is Gordon Shedden.

Of last year's top twenty, only Shedden, Jason Plato, Ash Hand and Michael Crees don't have drives.

Of those, Plato hasn't been a win contender for a number of years, whilst Hand and Crees aren't proven winners.

So, in my view, from an 'enjoyment of the pointy end of the grid' perspective, the main thing to be 'disappointed' about is the absence of Shedden and Team Dynamics.
Old 11 Apr 2023, 13:28 (Ref:4151098)   #2292
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Abbott View Post
Looking at it objectively, the only top fifteen 2022 driver without a 2023 drive is Gordon Shedden.

Of last year's top twenty, only Shedden, Jason Plato, Ash Hand and Michael Crees don't have drives.

Of those, Plato hasn't been a win contender for a number of years, whilst Hand and Crees aren't proven winners.

So, in my view, from an 'enjoyment of the pointy end of the grid' perspective, the main thing to be 'disappointed' about is the absence of Shedden and Team Dynamics.
This. And of those drivers named, at least 2 of them have tried to secure drives elsewhere (and their old team is still on the grid) and 1 of them was retiring anyway.
Old 11 Apr 2023, 14:29 (Ref:4151102)   #2293
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
2023 TBL Team Car Driver Status Jack Sears
EXCELR8-1BRISTOL STREET MOTORS with EXCELR8Hyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceIngram Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-2BRISTOL STREET MOTORS with EXCELR8Hyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceChilton Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-3BRISTOL STREET MOTORS with EXCELR8Hyundai i30 Fastback N PerformancePearsonConfirmed in press releaseElig.
EXCELR8-4BRISTOL STREET MOTORS with EXCELR8Hyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceHalsteadConfirmed in press releaseElig.
Motorbase-1NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STSuttonConfirmed as 3-year deal in press releaseInel.
Motorbase-2NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STCammishConfirmed as 3-year deal in press releaseInel.
Motorbase-3NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STOsborneConfirmed in press releaseElig.
Motorbase-4NAPA Racing UKFord Focus ST RowbottomConfirmed in press releaseInel.
HARD.-1HARD. Cupra LeónButelConfirmed in press releaseElig.
HARD.-2HARD.Cupra LeónThompsonConfirmed in press releaseInel.
HARD.-3HARD.Cupra LeónPattersonConfirmed in press releaseElig.
Boardley-1HARD.Cupra LeónLloydConfirmed in press releaseInel.
Aiden Moffat-1HARD.Cupra LeónEdwardsConfirmed in press releaseElig.
Aiden Moffat-2HARD. Cupra LeónHamiltonConfirmed in press releaseElig.
Speedworks-1Toyota GAZOO Racing UKToyota Corolla GR SportButcherConfirmed in press releaseInel.
Speedworks-2Toyota GAZOO Racing UKToyota Corolla GR SportCollardConfirmed in press releaseInel.
Speedworks-3Toyota GAZOO Racing UKToyota Corolla GR SportGambleConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-1Team BMWBMW 330e M SportMorganConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-2Team BMWBMW 330e M SportTurkingtonConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-3Laser Tools Racing with MB MotorsportBMW 330e M SportHillConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-4Team BMWBMW 330e M SportJelleyConfirmed in press releaseInel.
PMR-1CarStore Power Maxed RacingVauxhall Astra Taylor-SmithConfirmed in press releaseInel.
PMR-2CarStore Power Maxed RacingVauxhall AstraWatsonConfirmed in press releaseElig.
HARD.-4CarStore Power Maxed RacingVauxhall AstraDobleConfirmed in press releaseElig.
BTC-1Starline Racing by One MotorsportHonda Civic Type RMoffatConfirmed in press releaseInel.
BTC-2Starline Racing by One MotorsportHonda Civic Type RCookConfirmed in press releaseInel.
BTC-3One Motorsport with Starline RacingHonda Civic Type RPowellConfirmed in press releaseElig.
Team Dynamics-1?????????Team Dynamics taking a sabbatical in 2023???
Team Dynamics-2?????????Team Dynamics taking a sabbatical in 2023???
TOCA-1Not allocated    
TOCA-2Not allocated    
TOCA-3Not allocated    
a sabbatical just as Team Parker's one ?
Old 11 Apr 2023, 14:54 (Ref:4151106)   #2294
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
a sabbatical just as Team Parker's one ?
Well - reported as a hiatus.
Old 11 Apr 2023, 16:28 (Ref:4151112)   #2295
Evantra
Veteran

England
Hmm not sure about the Josh Cook mullet!

https://twitter.com/btcc/status/1645...T11pmdgnSSDQzA
Old 11 Apr 2023, 17:19 (Ref:4151120)   #2296
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if Powell has learnt what a racing line is yet. He was certainly nowhere near it at the first Thruxton meeting last year.
Old 11 Apr 2023, 18:22 (Ref:4151129)   #2297
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
https://www.btcc.net/2023-entry-list/

A few updates to team names:

One Motorsport with Starline Racing
Moffat / Cook / Powell

Re.Beverages and Bartercard with Team HARD
Patterson / Edwards

Autobrite Direct with Miller Oils
Thompson

Go-Fix with Autoaid Breakdown
Hamilton / Butel

Everything else as per crmalcolm's last list
Old 11 Apr 2023, 18:26 (Ref:4151130)   #2298
tocatrucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Lane 1 of the A1M
tocatrucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedysnapper View Post
I have to say this looks like the most underwhelming, dissapointing grid of recent years, todays announcement just further confirms that….. what a shame….
YTo be fair many commenters in this thread hyped every planned announcement upo so much and got so frothy that anything less than a 2 car manfacturer entry announcement would be disappoointing.

Learn to expect less is the lesson to take away. People never moaned so much over Chris Stockton PR releases every year for almost a decade, for example.
Old 11 Apr 2023, 18:56 (Ref:4151131)   #2299
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
https://www.btcc.net/2023-entry-list/

A few updates to team names:

One Motorsport with Starline Racing
Moffat / Cook / Powell

Re.Beverages and Bartercard with Team HARD
Patterson / Edwards

Autobrite Direct with Miller Oils
Thompson

Go-Fix with Autoaid Breakdown
Hamilton / Butel

Everything else as per crmalcolm's last list
I wonder how many times Bartercard will end up coming out as Barclaycard from the commentators !
Old 11 Apr 2023, 18:57 (Ref:4151132)   #2300
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I remain positive it could end up a good season.

As someone else pointed out the One Motorsport and Toyota teams now with new engines could give them a little boost.