Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 11 Jul 2013, 21:34 (Ref:3276776)   #2326
EricS
Racer

United States
Austin, TX
EricS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
Now will the Muscle Milk team consider staying home for at least Mosport? Please do so we can have a real race for overall victory. Otherwise I'll pretend that they don't exist.
Could you imagine the DWang's press releases if that happened? "1st place in LMP1!!! 20th overall, and only completed 30% of the laps, but 1st place in LMP1!!!"
Old 11 Jul 2013, 22:18 (Ref:3276788)   #2327
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
Says a lot about how they feel the new series is going to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
From all my research in GT and P2 it's cheaper to run full-time in Europe than it is to run the same equipment in North America. I don't know how or why, it just is.

If I didn't have a business to run away from the track I'd have been racing over there this year.

-mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Is it a case of overseas (i.e. Europe-based) suppliers and the costs being hiked in the USA because of this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80 View Post
Dont forget Dyson owns AER - they have an P1 engine but no P2.
Chris might want to race his own engine?
There are fewer races in Europe and you are closer to the suppliers, is my guess. It is strange that you heard that though, Mike. As recently as 2010-2011 I heard a full season in the States, despite having more races than the ILMC/ELMS at the time, was cheaper.

Rather than one small quote about a potential WEC program being looked into (Dyson went to Silverstone this year, that could be a WEC "program" remember), I seem to look at Chris' ongoing vocal support of IMSA, USCR and Scot Elkins and his quotes about best preparing for a shift in the program to suit the USCR in 2014 as pretty clear indications that the 16 car will be on the grid next year and that Dyson Racing as a whole supports the WEC.

Further more, the current AER "MZR-R" (P14?) could reasonably easily be made to fit P2. After all the Judd HK is allowed because it is allegedly a BMW motor. I don't see IMSA becoming sticklers for MZR heritage if it means adding cost to Dyson or losing the entry altogether. When they qualify on pole at Daytona I can see the rest of the P field crying foul and vengefully deriding the potential reliability of the Dyson motor. If Chris doesn't mind going away from AER, they could use the new Skyactiv-D power plant.

Chris
Old 12 Jul 2013, 00:12 (Ref:3276824)   #2328
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80 View Post
Dont forget Dyson owns AER - they have an P1 engine but no P2.
Chris might want to race his own engine?
But have no '14 P1 chassis!
Old 12 Jul 2013, 00:21 (Ref:3276827)   #2329
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is a real shame. Dyson was just getting close to Muscle Milk's pace.
Old 12 Jul 2013, 01:20 (Ref:3276841)   #2330
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So is the plan still for Dyson to field two LMP1 cars for 5 of the last 6 races?
Old 12 Jul 2013, 01:27 (Ref:3276843)   #2331
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
It doesn't look that way.
Old 12 Jul 2013, 02:12 (Ref:3276849)   #2332
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
From all my research in GT and P2 it's cheaper to run full-time in Europe than it is to run the same equipment in North America. I don't know how or why, it just is.

If I didn't have a business to run away from the track I'd have been racing over there this year.

-mike
Interesting. I guess I was thinking the costs of moving team members into lodging and new shop quarters would run it up. Plus you still need to get to Asia , Brazil , & Bahrain. Whew, I see big bills looming. Now it might be
closer to a wash if you compare 8 WEC races compared to a 10 (?)USCR race season. My logic was aimed toward spend the money retrofitting
for the new series where you will eventually find your way back to anyhow.
Dyson needs to get another 24hr Daytona trophy.
Old 12 Jul 2013, 03:27 (Ref:3276857)   #2333
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS View Post
Could you imagine the DWang's press releases if that happened? "1st place in LMP1!!! 20th overall, and only completed 30% of the laps, but 1st place in LMP1!!!"
But would they be classified if they only completed 30% of the laps? You have to complete 70% of the laps to be classified don't you? But I know where you were going with this!
Old 12 Jul 2013, 03:38 (Ref:3276862)   #2334
EricS
Racer

United States
Austin, TX
EricS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbrit View Post
But would they be classified if they only completed 30% of the laps? You have to complete 70% of the laps to be classified don't you? But I know where you were going with this!
See Don's quote at the bottom of the following after Lime Rock: http://www.deltawingracing.com/news/...ick-start.html "'We’re delighted to finish third in P1,' echoed Dr. Don Panoz"

where they only completed 102 laps compared to MM's 184 (55%)
Old 12 Jul 2013, 03:45 (Ref:3276863)   #2335
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Its Don afterall, he could ditch the rule for the sake of the car he's running. What a joke that thing is.
Old 12 Jul 2013, 13:56 (Ref:3276994)   #2336
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Following up my earlier comments, Muscle Milk should consider skipping Mosport for lack of competition reasons. But no other race becasue Rebellion will be at COTA, Road America, and Petit. And the Dyson/Smith combo will be present at VIR and Baltimore.
Old 12 Jul 2013, 14:09 (Ref:3276998)   #2337
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Following up my earlier comments, Muscle Milk should consider skipping Mosport for lack of competition reasons.
In the end, the goal is to win the series, so why pass up free points?

DK
Old 12 Jul 2013, 16:30 (Ref:3277039)   #2338
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Mosport entry list is finally out. 32 cars, down one car from Lime Rock: the #62 Risi Competizione Ferrari.
Old 12 Jul 2013, 17:01 (Ref:3277048)   #2339
Brownj
Racer

United States
Georgia, US
Brownj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
Mosport entry list is finally out. 32 cars, down one car from Lime Rock: the #62 Risi Competizione Ferrari.
They are still waiting on a major piece to repair the car according to DSC. They will miss the race for sure.
Old 12 Jul 2013, 18:32 (Ref:3277079)   #2340
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownj View Post
They are still waiting on a major piece to repair the car according to DSC. They will miss the race for sure.
So AJR is the last hope for the Reds. Go get 'em Townsend!!!

Chris
Old 12 Jul 2013, 19:01 (Ref:3277088)   #2341
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Following up my earlier comments, Muscle Milk should consider skipping Mosport for lack of competition reasons. But no other race becasue Rebellion will be at COTA, Road America, and Petit. And the Dyson/Smith combo will be present at VIR and Baltimore.
If I were going to the race, I would want to see the car.
Old 13 Jul 2013, 01:55 (Ref:3277197)   #2342
FLGTFAN
Racer

United States
Naples, Florida
FLGTFAN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
It really is that simple, possibly the last current era LMP1 car to run at Mosport in the most capable hands. Not to mention the glorious sound it makes...
Old 13 Jul 2013, 03:28 (Ref:3277206)   #2343
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
+1. More about the cars than the show they put on.
Old 13 Jul 2013, 03:36 (Ref:3277209)   #2344
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Feel bad for people in Canada. Bummer to see them have to skip a round. Not a big fan of theirs, but still hate to lose a car for a round.

SPEED article:
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...-skip-mosport/

Quote:
"We will return ready to compete at Road America in August, and wish all our fellow ALMS entrants a safe event in Canada.”
Hopefully this works out.
Old 13 Jul 2013, 05:10 (Ref:3277214)   #2345
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
#62 risi preformance

so lime rock was the first full race i have seen since sebring, with me going to long beach and laguna and finally got done watching those two yesterday. and i noticed the 62 risi had alot of contact at laguna and long beach, at lime rock too they had contact ending with a serious impact into ajr's gtc. i mean i understand matteo is young and new to the series but beretta is an experienced veteran.i know they are not perfect but that gt has had more contact than any other. is there something possibly off balance with the updated Ferrari? because af course also didnt look very good at le mans either.well its a shame they are going to miss out on mosport but i hope they are ready for road america to get a win.
Old 13 Jul 2013, 08:27 (Ref:3277234)   #2346
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Ferrari BOP has been a bit off recently, as shown by Le Mans where the Ferraris couldn't match up with the Porsches or Aston Martins.

For Risi specifically, they are basically starting fresh with only a little bit of the experience from 2011-prior. Remember that while they were fast they got into lots of contact and trouble in 2011 too. Beretta seems to have lost his speed and poise ever since he left Corvette Racing, and Malucelli is still very inexperienced.

However, I will note that the Risi Ferrari was running 3rd in GT before it had that last shunt.

I think Risi just needs time to refocus and find the right balances. By the time they're entering Daytona and Sebring next year they should be much better prepared.
Old 13 Jul 2013, 09:53 (Ref:3277261)   #2347
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does this have anything to do with why Ferrari has taken the GTE program in-house? The Beretta-Malucelli combo just doesn't do that Ferrari justice. Too many errors from Malucelli. Although they were running 3rd they were a lap down.
Old 13 Jul 2013, 13:47 (Ref:3277320)   #2348
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
The Ferrari BOP has been a bit off recently, as shown by Le Mans where the Ferraris couldn't match up with the Porsches or Aston Martins.
IMSA BOP is different than ACO/FIA BOP. Le Mans has nothing to do with Ferrari performance in ALMS.
Old 17 Jul 2013, 13:52 (Ref:3278720)   #2349
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
John Dagys tweets:

Quote:
Look for the potential of two new PC entries for Road America.
Old 17 Jul 2013, 21:39 (Ref:3278886)   #2350
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
John Dagys tweets:
What are the chances that one of these teams is also running Grand-Am this year?