Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 7 Oct 2013, 10:16 (Ref:3314042)   #76
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lucky drivers, marshalls and TV guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNapekqZgYM
Old 7 Oct 2013, 10:31 (Ref:3314049)   #77
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Fantastic to hear Brabs is back in an LMP. I know who I'll cheering for in LMP2. Yay Brabs!!!!
Old 7 Oct 2013, 16:37 (Ref:3314186)   #78
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Fantastic to hear Brabs is back in an LMP. I know who I'll cheering for in LMP2. Yay Brabs!!!!
Yes it is!

L.P.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 22:22 (Ref:3314849)   #79
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://sportscar365.com/alms/negri-r...petit-le-mans/

Ozz Negri and Sean Rayhall to drive the 8Star PC at Petit Le Mans (Enzo Pottolichio will be in Japan for WEC)
Old 9 Oct 2013, 01:13 (Ref:3314904)   #80
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DragonSpeed have withdrawn their PC from the race. After a troublesome race at VIR last Saturday, they were going to do a two-day private test at Daytona, but announced on Monday that were going to cancel both the test and Petit and get ready for next year.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 01:36 (Ref:3314910)   #81
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbrit View Post
DragonSpeed have withdrawn their PC from the race. After a troublesome race at VIR last Saturday, they were going to do a two-day private test at Daytona, but announced on Monday that were going to cancel both the test and Petit and get ready for next year.
That sounds like financial issues...

What better way to get better for next year than to race?
- When it's the same car you will be running next year.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 13:50 (Ref:3315215)   #82
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have edited the first post on this thread to include the usual links.

Weather update: it will be cool with a chance of sportscars

Also, don't forget about the TRACKSIDE thread:
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...=138874&page=5

Last edited by joeb; 9 Oct 2013 at 14:04.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 14:19 (Ref:3315222)   #83
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We're excited to announce we've got Nick Tandy back as our third driver for Petit Le Mans as well as the new livery for the final ALMS race. You can read about it and see the new livery here: http://bit.ly/GGx76u.

And yes, we're running the 2010 RSR with 2012 regulation specs.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 14:56 (Ref:3315238)   #84
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Holy yes. Cannot wait to see that thing in 10 days!
Old 9 Oct 2013, 15:49 (Ref:3315262)   #85
AtlantaMFR
Rookie

AtlantaMFR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am surprised there is still no entry list - looking for unexpected entries
Old 9 Oct 2013, 16:58 (Ref:3315288)   #86
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaMFR View Post
It does seem to be a bit late. I doubt they are waiting for entries because if someone was planning on entering by now they would have submitted an entry. The logistics making a decision to enter now and getting there would be quite tough.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 17:04 (Ref:3315292)   #87
Bicknell55
Rookie

United States
Lancaster, PA
Bicknell55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointDSM View Post
That sounds like financial issues...

What better way to get better for next year than to race?
- When it's the same car you will be running next year.
I do recall the #81 pitting what seemed like every lap for at least 3 laps during race. Also at some point during the weekend (I forget which day it was when I walked by) the crew had the whole undertray off the car and was wiping off what appeared to be oil of some sort. So maybe they are actually telling the truth?
Old 9 Oct 2013, 17:18 (Ref:3315300)   #88
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaMFR View Post
The really "great" thing is when you ask ALMS PR, they won't even respond as to when it might be out so far.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 17:19 (Ref:3315301)   #89
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalkenALMS View Post
We're excited to announce we've got Nick Tandy back as our third driver for Petit Le Mans as well as the new livery for the final ALMS race. You can read about it and see the new livery here: http://bit.ly/GGx76u.

I love the "Falkenflage" livery!

I'm really looking forward to seeing the car at Petit!
Old 9 Oct 2013, 17:35 (Ref:3315305)   #90
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

I'm glad I decided to go to Petit, that livery is going to look awesome!
See you there!

Last edited by Mechanic Z; 9 Oct 2013 at 17:49.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 21:52 (Ref:3315440)   #91
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
I love the "Falkenflage" livery!
Haha! We may have to use that!
Old 9 Oct 2013, 22:22 (Ref:3315455)   #92
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
David Land has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
It does seem to be a bit late. I doubt they are waiting for entries because if someone was planning on entering by now they would have submitted an entry. The logistics making a decision to enter now and getting there would be quite tough.
There is one team with the resources/spare cars to do it, and they were at Sebring too. Couldn't imagine they would want to not be at the final ALMS race after the run they had. Of course don't get your hopes up.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 22:26 (Ref:3315458)   #93
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Land View Post
There is one team with the resources/spare cars to do it, and they were at Sebring too. Couldn't imagine they would want to not be at the final ALMS race after the run they had. Of course don't get your hopes up.
An Utterly Dicey Invitation

Old 9 Oct 2013, 22:29 (Ref:3315461)   #94
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
A Seductive Thought Of Nostalgia... For the last alms race
Old 9 Oct 2013, 22:33 (Ref:3315466)   #95
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I can see, all things being equal, arguments for Oak or Oreca (Signatech?) to run at PLM with an eye on 2014 TUSCC sales; but are we seeing the downside to no competition in ALMS this year?

If something other than an HPD shows up and runs faster does that lead to potentially more fiddling with the rules, and undermining the 2014 sales proposition?

Think about it - right now Oreca, Oak, and Zytek can all say that they've seen a HPD show up at Le Mans, and had the measure of it, and the level of competitive development over the remainder of the year has made them all stronger, at the same time the HPDs in the US haven't been challenged, so the TUSCC regs will presumably look at balancing the HPD and DP.

Implication of this is that a properly sorted ELMS/WEC running LMP2 could do very well indeed in the US in 2014; why jeopardise this by running at PLM and muddying the waters?

I hope I'm wrong, I was really hoping for some ELMS squads to come across and make PLM 2013 a real last great race, but there's a feeling in the back of my mind that the world's going to end with something of a whimper.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 22:48 (Ref:3315472)   #96
FalkenALMS
Racer

I just got the entry list in my inbox. There was no web link to share, but I suspect it will be online shortly
Old 9 Oct 2013, 22:52 (Ref:3315476)   #97
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
Quote:
I just got the entry list in my inbox. There was no web link to share, but I suspect it will be online shortly
So... want to spoil anything for us?
Old 9 Oct 2013, 22:54 (Ref:3315478)   #98
FalkenALMS
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Land View Post
So... want to spoil anything for us?
Sure. Instead of typing each one out, just tell me what you'd like to know. I'll respond from a personal name.
Old 9 Oct 2013, 23:00 (Ref:3315480)   #99
K2theBru
Rookie

K2theBru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually, it looks like they posted it on alms.com, so here you go: http://www.alms.com/sites/default/fi...y%20List_2.pdf

-Kelly
Old 9 Oct 2013, 23:02 (Ref:3315481)   #100
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2theBru View Post
Actually, it looks like they posted it on alms.com, so here you go: http://www.alms.com/sites/default/fi...y%20List_2.pdf

-Kelly
Thanks for the link Kelly!

No real surprises, but a solid send off for the ALMS!