Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 10 Nov 2019, 12:58 (Ref:3939698)   #1
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
2020 Argentine touring car championships

Quote:
The Super TC 2000 organisation has unveiled a number of changes made to regulations ahead of the 2020 season that are estimated to significantly drop lap times.

Full article: https://www.touringcartimes.com/2019...s-3-5-seconds/

I don't like these new rules. Lack of aero parts was one of the reasons the racing was good. Same for hard tires.

Last edited by FIRE; 10 Nov 2019 at 13:24.
Old 10 Nov 2019, 17:44 (Ref:3939741)   #2
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
So the low downforce rules lasted a single season...
Old 26 Nov 2019, 17:27 (Ref:3943001)   #3
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Emiliano Spataro will not race for Renault.

https://www.campeones.com.ar/nota/67...renault-sport/
Old 20 Feb 2020, 23:30 (Ref:3958886)   #4
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
The Top Race has a new promotor: Alejandro Levy, who is the promoter of the Argentine Rallycross Champoinship (CARX), and owner of the Tango Rally Team.
Old 20 Feb 2020, 23:45 (Ref:3958889)   #5
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Meanwhile, the Turismo Nacional starts the season this weekend at BahÃ*a Blanca.

Notable drivers in Class 3 include:

* Ford: Facundo Chapur, Jonatan Castellano, MatÃ*as Muñoz Marchesi,
* Honda: José Manuel Urcera, Carlos Okulovich, Fabián Yannantuoni, Leonel Larrauri.
* Citroën: Mariano Werner
* Peugeot: Facundo Ardusso
* Volkswagen: Leonel PernÃ*a
* Fiat: Mauricio Lambiris
* Juan Pipkin will debut with Toyota, and will later switch to Chevrolet.

Emanuel Moriatis, Josito di Palma and Johnito de Benedictis are out.

Despite the economic crisis, the Class 3 has 39 entries and the Class 2 has 41 entries. Each will have three heat races instead of the usual two heats.
Old 18 Mar 2020, 19:56 (Ref:3965401)   #6
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
STC2000 grid:

Good to see some new teams.

The TC2000 grid is disappointing.
Old 26 Sep 2020, 17:32 (Ref:4006446)   #7
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
STC 2000 - The first race in Buenos Aires was quite spectacular! The cars are faster, maybe this is good for the drivers

Great battle between Canapino and Rossi! A fierce fight lasted until the final corner where Canapino pushed a bit wide Rossi to take the chequered flag! Toyota at his best with four cars in the top10...

Not a good start for the champion Pernia, but the season is long. Fiat also a bit behind... let's see what this season can bring
Old 16 Feb 2021, 03:53 (Ref:4035360)   #8
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alberto Canapino, historical preparer of the Flaco Traverso cars, died

https://www.clarin.com/deportes/muri...kd-MwhpvD.html
Old 16 Feb 2021, 15:16 (Ref:4035446)   #9
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Alberto Canapino, historical preparer of the Flaco Traverso cars, died

https://www.clarin.com/deportes/muri...kd-MwhpvD.html
I didn't know he had such big influence in Argentinian motorsports.
Old 16 Feb 2021, 15:18 (Ref:4035447)   #10
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
I didn't follow STC2000 very closely this season but Rossi is the new champion.

Poor season for Renault. What's the reason for that?
Old 17 Feb 2021, 21:32 (Ref:4035628)   #11
Adamcas87
Racer

England
Old hairpin
Adamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAdamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Renault, from races I have seen have been there or there abouts just the Toyotas and Chevrolets have been the cars too beat this season

Fiat absent from last two rounds have they pulled out or just choose to sit them out?
Facundo Ardusso leaving Renault will he be staying in the series with another manufacture?
Old 18 Feb 2021, 16:03 (Ref:4035737)   #12
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamcas87 View Post
Renault, from races I have seen have been there or there abouts just the Toyotas and Chevrolets have been the cars too beat this season

Fiat absent from last two rounds have they pulled out or just choose to sit them out?
Facundo Ardusso leaving Renault will he be staying in the series with another manufacture?
In the previous 3 or 4 seasons Renault won the drivers and team championship. This season Pernia and Ardusso were only 3rd and 4th so that is surprising for me. But it's good for the series another brand won the title.

In november FIAT (DTA Racing) were absent because they had some corona cases. Don't know the reason for the last part of the season.
Old 18 Feb 2021, 19:28 (Ref:4035782)   #13
Adamcas87
Racer

England
Old hairpin
Adamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAdamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
In the previous 3 or 4 seasons Renault won the drivers and team championship. This season Pernia and Ardusso were only 3rd and 4th so that is surprising for me. But it's good for the series another brand won the title.

In november FIAT (DTA Racing) were absent because they had some corona cases. Don't know the reason for the last part of the season.

Yeah Renault have been the car to beat in recent years I agree it is good to see more of the manufacturers up there

Didnt know about the corona cases but any other news is difficult to find hope they haven’t gone
Old 19 Feb 2021, 09:50 (Ref:4035834)   #14
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have watched the first races early in the season... from what I saw Rossi and Canapino were absolutely ready to fight for the championship from start

Toyota seemed the stronger team this year, surely they have worked really well on the set up of the Corolla because also a newcomer like Barrichello did a good job in the first season in Argentina.

Renault had clearly a problem with the set up, from what I read the drivers lacked the management of tyres ma but they were more competitive in the last part of the championship. So hopefully they will be ready for the new season!

Facundo Ardusso will continue in Super TC 2000 in a surprise move: he will join the team Honda!

Fiat has confirmed the programme for 2021: 2020 was first season with the new car so it's easy to think they used the season to develop the new car given the fact that I understand there are rules that limit testing...

You can read and follow the news on the Carburando site
Old 19 Feb 2021, 13:25 (Ref:4035868)   #15
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
I usually have lunch at my father's on Sundays, so I have seen no Argentine touring car races.

Non-Super TC2000 driver Rodrigo AramendÃ*a is a distant relative of mine.
Old 21 Feb 2021, 01:09 (Ref:4036134)   #16
Adamcas87
Racer

England
Old hairpin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinghio44 View Post
I have watched the first races early in the season... from what I saw Rossi and Canapino were absolutely ready to fight for the championship from start

Toyota seemed the stronger team this year, surely they have worked really well on the set up of the Corolla because also a newcomer like Barrichello did a good job in the first season in Argentina.

Renault had clearly a problem with the set up, from what I read the drivers lacked the management of tyres ma but they were more competitive in the last part of the championship. So hopefully they will be ready for the new season!

Facundo Ardusso will continue in Super TC 2000 in a surprise move: he will join the team Honda!

Fiat has confirmed the programme for 2021: 2020 was first season with the new car so it's easy to think they used the season to develop the new car given the fact that I understand there are rules that limit testing...

You can read and follow the news on the Carburando site

So who is favourite to replace Facundo at Renault?
Old 21 Feb 2021, 04:28 (Ref:4036142)   #17
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Carburando says that Ardusso is a candidate to join Honda.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 16:05 (Ref:4037156)   #18
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Alberto Canapino, legendary racecar builder, died of coronavirus at age 57.

His son AgustÃ*n Canapino won at the TC race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPnMFIqWCaQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOGPrbeq09E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZp3tAZwBhw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqE83APXlq4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hcacfvo9Eg