Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Apr 2020, 09:45 (Ref:3971803)   #26
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Bathurst this Wednesday.
Simona is back....
Old 20 Apr 2020, 11:12 (Ref:3971814)   #27
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Bathurst this Wednesday.
Simona is back....
..... I miss Simona in V8's.
On the other hand I see Will Power is also a wildcard entry for Team Penske at Bathurst.
Old 21 Apr 2020, 10:50 (Ref:3972016)   #28
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
How do you figure that? These sims are quite hard, you have to rather concentrate to not crash (or spin)... I think that rather comes across.
So the spectator can see them teetering on the edge of the tyres' grip, the rubber has to be managed through the race, can see breaking points extended hyper deep with wheels a-l-m-o-s-t locking? Nah, didn't think do.

Sorry mate, each to his own - does nothing for me.
Old 22 Apr 2020, 22:07 (Ref:3972285)   #29
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Yeah Nah........I think vitual racing is a distraction until the real thing happens again,by the reverse grid race I was channel hopping.
Old 26 Apr 2020, 01:42 (Ref:3972895)   #30
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Getting the old band back together" supposedly.

Mr Ambrose joining the grid.

Maybe they should get a Retired Series Race and bring all the old boys back. Seems this is a young guns game for sure.
Old 26 Apr 2020, 05:07 (Ref:3972911)   #31
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hope he's got a camera on so we can check if he has a Balaclava
Old 26 Apr 2020, 12:47 (Ref:3972953)   #32
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Hope he's got a camera on so we can check if he has a Balaclava
YAWN

Is this where we bring in the Greg Murphy topic
Old 27 Apr 2020, 02:33 (Ref:3973017)   #33
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
YAWN

Is this where we bring in the Greg Murphy topic
Yes.

Blood pressure already rising
Old 27 Apr 2020, 02:56 (Ref:3973022)   #34
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I will await Marcos's excuses. If they wanted big eyes on they should have got Murph in too.

I want them to race at all the tracks we miss. Oran Park, Amaroo Park, hell even Calder!
Old 27 Apr 2020, 05:12 (Ref:3973029)   #35
M91
Rookie

M91 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridM91 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I will await Marcos's excuses. If they wanted big eyes on they should have got Murph in too.

I want them to race at all the tracks we miss. Oran Park, Amaroo Park, hell even Calder!
There will be races at Oran Park. The other 2 aren't in iracing, so you're outta luck.
Old 27 Apr 2020, 07:22 (Ref:3973041)   #36
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Murp never won another Supercar Race after that fateful day.

Marcos went on to win the most races by a foreign driver in the top two tiers of NASCAR.

Old 28 Apr 2020, 21:26 (Ref:3973455)   #37
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
Hey....Saint Gregory is regarded as royalty over here.
Old 29 Apr 2020, 10:00 (Ref:3973536)   #38
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Murp never won another Supercar Race after that fateful day.

Marcos went on to win the most races by a foreign driver in the top two tiers of NASCAR.

The very next race at the Gold Coast... won by Greg Murphy.
Old 30 Apr 2020, 02:00 (Ref:3973718)   #39
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksie View Post
The very next race at the Gold Coast... won by Greg Murphy.
You're right, should have wrote never one another round.
Old 30 Apr 2020, 02:20 (Ref:3973720)   #40
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
Well I tried hard to get in behind this......but when the whole feild was basically destroyed on the first lap in the Canadian race ...I threw the remote at the TV and I'm out.
Bring on the real deal.
Old 30 Apr 2020, 03:46 (Ref:3973725)   #41
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Well I tried hard to get in behind this......but when the whole feild was basically destroyed on the first lap in the Canadian race ...I threw the remote at the TV and I'm out.
Bring on the real deal.

I’ve seen less first corner carnage in Forza online then that race. Haven’t had time to catch much sim racing and last nights Supercar race was the first and will be the last. I’m sure it’s fun to be part of but not really good for spectators.
Old 30 Apr 2020, 08:16 (Ref:3973739)   #42
simonracer
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
simonracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they stopped doing reverse grid races they'd get rid of a lot of the carnage I feel, or at least ensure the better drivers can get away from the crashes.

Having someone like Jack Smith (who is as useless online as he is in real life) and a driver from a series which never does standing starts on the front row is just asking for chaos. I can't imagine guys like McLaughlin and DePasquale who take it pretty seriously are enjoying getting taken out in massive first corner pileups.

Last edited by simonracer; 30 Apr 2020 at 08:26.
Old 1 May 2020, 02:14 (Ref:3973892)   #43
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed. The racing has shown to be entertaining when the drivers get a chance to race properly.
Setting grids to increase the chances of chaos and carnage are not fun for anyone trying to take this half seriously.
The 8-minute free-for-all they added to the last round was just silly. Watching someone try and drive a circuit in reverse is not entertaining.

EDIT - I am removing Chaz Mostert from my signature due to that shocking haircut and colour he showed up with....what the hell Chaz?
Old 14 May 2020, 02:47 (Ref:3976005)   #44
rustyinsthoz
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
rustyinsthoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Twitch Streams.

Best part of this series is watching the various drivers Twitch streams where you get all the banter between the drivers and also their engineers. Particularly funny is the after round unofficial debrief by Shane Van Gisbergen and Scott Pye along with Steve Johnson on Scott Pye's stream over the last couple of rounds. Goes on for a couple of hours.
Old 14 May 2020, 07:44 (Ref:3976034)   #45
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
What Ive noticed is the the good "YOUNG" drivers in the race cars are good drivers in the SIM (aka SVG, Scotty ADP and Co)

The "OLDER" good drivers in the race cars JDUB, Davey and co are shiyte.......They missed the SIM Boat over their journey

The best of the rest backmarkers on the race tracks are the back markers of the SIM also (Jones, Smith, Pither)

Just my observations. However you can see who is taking it serious and who isnt.
Old 4 Jun 2020, 21:28 (Ref:3980232)   #46
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oval races at Michigan were fun to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1zzCF2f41c

What have the rating been like?

Are the eseries rules on the Supercars site?