Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 Jun 2020, 07:22 (Ref:3983325)   #176
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Hear is a Drone shot from 2017
Attached Thumbnails
Oliver Craven-Jones - Panorama Test (Large).jpg  
Old 23 Jun 2020, 08:39 (Ref:3983332)   #177
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Looks like a metropolis at night
Old 23 Jun 2020, 08:48 (Ref:3983336)   #178
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The shoot appears to me to be the circuit area and shows how much light there is in that area during the darkness, a great picture thanks for posting
Old 23 Jun 2020, 14:44 (Ref:3983417)   #179
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
The shoot appears to me to be the circuit area and shows how much light there is in that area during the darkness, a great picture thanks for posting
It is and was taken on Friday as you could use a drone during race or practice due to CAA rules
Old 23 Jun 2020, 17:54 (Ref:3983446)   #180
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great photo. I wondered when it was taken as I’ve ben up in a helicopter during the race (mmm, I have some photos...).

What is going on in the top left of the photo, where is that to the south of the airport?
Old 23 Jun 2020, 18:56 (Ref:3983452)   #181
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's also interesting to see that almost all of the Bugatti circuit is lit....
Old 24 Jun 2020, 07:51 (Ref:3983504)   #182
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Great photo. I wondered when it was taken as I’ve ben up in a helicopter during the race (mmm, I have some photos...).

What is going on in the top left of the photo, where is that to the south of the airport?
Top left - it looks too bright but its in the location of Camping Bleu I would think?

Here are some more including some taken during the day looking that way
Attached Thumbnails
Oliver Craven-Jones - DJI_0020 (Large).JPG   Oliver Craven-Jones - DJI_0021 (Large).JPG   Oliver Craven-Jones - DJI_0038 (Large).JPG  

Oliver Craven-Jones - DJI_0042 (Large).JPG  
Old 24 Jun 2020, 07:55 (Ref:3983505)   #183
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Here is our campsite in Houx, with the Ten Tenths international Camp alongside..
Attached Thumbnails
Oliver Craven-Jones - DJI_0008 (Large).JPG  
Old 24 Jun 2020, 08:36 (Ref:3983512)   #184
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I really like these Mal, its always great to get a different view of our favourite circuit!
Old 24 Jun 2020, 09:25 (Ref:3983530)   #185
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Certainly some different views of things around the circuit, very interesting to see them
Old 24 Jun 2020, 09:35 (Ref:3983532)   #186
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep, terrific photos, really enjoying them. Thanks for posting them, Mal!😁
Old 24 Jun 2020, 23:51 (Ref:3983690)   #187
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2008. From a massive drone that carried people
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF0423.JPG   DSCF0424.JPG   DSCF1659.JPG  

DSCF1660.jpg   DSCF1664.jpg   DSCF1670.JPG  

Old 25 Jun 2020, 06:50 (Ref:3983716)   #188
Mal
Veteran

England
London
On this one - which is looking towards the city centre, I guess the point where the roads come together would be the original Pontlieu hairpin?
Attached Thumbnails
Oliver Craven-Jones - DJI_0042 (Large).JPG  
Old 25 Jun 2020, 09:23 (Ref:3983730)   #189
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
On this one - which is looking towards the city centre, I guess the point where the roads come together would be the original Pontlieu hairpin?
Could well be. James and I had so much trouble finding it (on the ground) a few years back that I've no chance from the air - and at night"!
Old 25 Jun 2020, 10:05 (Ref:3983741)   #190
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Again some great photo's love trying to figure out all the places in the pictures, and what has changed over the years
Old 25 Jun 2020, 11:45 (Ref:3983765)   #191
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Could well be. James and I had so much trouble finding it (on the ground) a few years back that I've no chance from the air - and at night"!
I thought it was at the tram stop called Pontlieu? ... or if you head up the N138 from Terte Rouge passed the Carrefour, cross the ring road after a couple of 100m you cone to a roundabout - I though it was there?

Maybe I am wrong?
Old 25 Jun 2020, 11:54 (Ref:3983768)   #192
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I always to be this stretch: Rue de Laigne, 72100 Le Mans, France

Found this "old" article:
https://www.lemans.org/en/news/not-t...e-reborn/11179
Old 25 Jun 2020, 12:29 (Ref:3983772)   #193
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
I thought it was at the tram stop called Pontlieu? ... or if you head up the N138 from Terte Rouge passed the Carrefour, cross the ring road after a couple of 100m you cone to a roundabout - I though it was there?

Maybe I am wrong?
I'm sure you're not, but it's a lot harder to find when your searching for it in the rain!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0804.JPG   IMG_0801.JPG  

Last edited by Aysedasi; 1 Jul 2020 at 17:10.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 09:42 (Ref:3984885)   #194
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Here is our campsite in Houx, with the Ten Tenths international Camp alongside..
Great photo along with the others.

We used to camp there, back in the day, almost on that exact stretch, but we've swapped to Epinettes for the moment - which suits us.

This thread reminds me I need to try and dig out some photos..
Old 7 Jul 2020, 06:15 (Ref:3986391)   #195
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by eps View Post
Great photo
We used to camp there, back in the day, almost on that exact stretch, but we've swapped to Epinettes for the moment - which suits us.

I dont know much about Epinettes - what is it like there?
Old 7 Jul 2020, 06:57 (Ref:3986394)   #196
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I dont know much about Epinettes - what is it like there?
We've camped in pretty much every LM campsite over the last 20+ years and have been on Epinettes through choice for the last few years.

It's only a couple of minutes walk from the exit of Houx (and when we were on Houx we always seemed to be up at the exit end anyway) so easy to get to the tram into town, there doesn't seem to be the queues at the entrance like you get at the combined Houx/Houx Annexe junction, the ground is nice and flat, plenty of space, no through traffic, you have to show your GE ticket to get access to the site, good toilets/shower to campers ratio (and again you don't have to share them with passers by like on Houx), some electricity, not much rowdiness and far enough back from the road that you aren't disturbed by any hooning taking place.
Old 7 Jul 2020, 09:39 (Ref:3986440)   #197
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
We've camped in pretty much every LM campsite over the last 20+ years and have been on Epinettes through choice for the last few years.

It's only a couple of minutes walk from the exit of Houx (and when we were on Houx we always seemed to be up at the exit end anyway) so easy to get to the tram into town, there doesn't seem to be the queues at the entrance like you get at the combined Houx/Houx Annexe junction, the ground is nice and flat, plenty of space, no through traffic, you have to show your GE ticket to get access to the site, good toilets/shower to campers ratio (and again you don't have to share them with passers by like on Houx), some electricity, not much rowdiness and far enough back from the road that you aren't disturbed by any hooning taking place.
Yep, what Truck said. I think we were offered it after Houx filled up and we haven't been back to Houx since. You get quite a few other ex-Houxers there as well! It suits us, we're not massive drinkers (honest) and it gives us enough space with facilities aplenty - little to no queues, or if there are queues there are another 1 or 2 blocks to choose from. I'll see if I can dig out some photos.. There are a couple of areas to avoid but that's due to the level of the land (like some areas of Houx - avoid if the weather is wet) mostly we're in the same/similar area although last year we were late I think so camped in a 'new' part of the campsite. It was all good

The 7x5 pitches are un-numbered - you get assigned them on arrival. If you really, really need electric you need to arrive early (Tuesday as was). Although for the past 2-3 years we've gotten by on small 3 panel solar panels for the essentials (charging mobile phones, or rather charging batter packs for mobile phones).

It's a good friendly site, quite a few brits, some germans, some french. Nothing too outrageous, but there can be a bit of 'great' music pumping out as always..

It's not a massive campsite, but never seems to feel full or too busy. We wander into the circuit via Houx and are surprised by the massive queues to the showers there.
Old 7 Jul 2020, 11:41 (Ref:3986467)   #198
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think we'd better have a photo of the site to stay true to the thread......
Old 7 Jul 2020, 13:27 (Ref:3986494)   #199
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I think we'd better have a photo of the site to stay true to the thread......
ah yes - sorry!

Photos attached

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0003.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	2.19 MB
ID:	62815

Name:	IMAG0034.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	2.57 MB
ID:	62816

Name:	IMAG1130.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	62817

Name:	IMAG1168.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	62818

Name:	IMAG1182.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	62819

It looks like most of the campsites really!
Old 8 Jul 2020, 16:03 (Ref:3986780)   #200
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Looks pretty civilised!