Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 3 Jul 2020, 20:32 (Ref:3985393)   #1
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Drink The bizarroid 2020 Le Mans Ten-Tenths meeting

Hello,
Now it seems that some lucky tickets owners will go to Le Mans in Septembre, it's time to prepare the meeting.
Where : same place as usual
When : 11h15, local time (9:15 AM UTC), thirty minutes after the end of warm-up.
We will organize two zones :
  • one zone, close to the wall, near the tables to eat and drink in silence, where people take the mask off
  • a second zone where people will chat with the mask on.
Please prepare the food you want to share in individual portions (in cling film, alu...)
Each bottle of drink will be served by only one person (more difficult exercise).
(I have no link with the W.H.O.)
Considering the special conditions, we can meet in an other place at an other date. Please post any suggestion !

Pascal
Old 3 Jul 2020, 21:40 (Ref:3985410)   #2
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I will be there, will think about what to take but perhaps just a chat might have to be all we can do, we will know closer to the time, If we could get people into the campsite at tertre rouge it might be easier to do something there.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 15:40 (Ref:3985582)   #3
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You may, briefly, remove your mask/disguise to reveal your true identity on arrival...
Old 4 Jul 2020, 15:51 (Ref:3985585)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
You may, briefly, remove your mask/disguise to reveal your true identity on arrival...

'I am your father........'
Old 4 Jul 2020, 16:00 (Ref:3985587)   #5
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Good idea ! You will organize our mask contest !
Old 4 Jul 2020, 16:18 (Ref:3985592)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i fear we may have to wear face coverings in September, but i hope it will be over by then
Old 4 Jul 2020, 21:07 (Ref:3985668)   #7
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Hope to be there! I think the answer to the drink problem is if each person bringing a drink pours them into those disposable shot glasses.
Old 5 Jul 2020, 06:21 (Ref:3985750)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Everything will need to be disinfected with alcohol to prevent the spread of germs
Old 6 Jul 2020, 12:26 (Ref:3986233)   #9
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More alcohol! That's the answer!!

Will be there, we might need a bit of a plan, i.e. bring your own cup/glass/plastic?? As @ATLFalconsFAN has indicated
Old 6 Jul 2020, 14:23 (Ref:3986264)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eps View Post
More alcohol! That's the answer!!

Will be there, we might need a bit of a plan, i.e. bring your own cup/glass/plastic?? As @ATLFalconsFAN has indicated
I hear Simon is bringing a bucket.......
Old 6 Jul 2020, 15:29 (Ref:3986275)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I hear Simon is bringing a bucket.......
Now that is a good idea, but will probably stick to disposable cups as usual, if it is cold i wonder if i could get a termus flask in, or would they classify that as glass.
Old 16 Jul 2020, 08:52 (Ref:3988662)   #12
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
With the announcement of the creation of separate Villages of spectators it looks like no on-site meeting can occur.

Perhaps an off-site location can be chosen, maybe on a different day to remain in the spirit of keeping groups apart.
Old 16 Jul 2020, 09:06 (Ref:3988668)   #13
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
To be honest i think that will be difficult, i think they will try to keep everyone in their village as much as possible. but we will see what happens
Old 16 Jul 2020, 11:47 (Ref:3988705)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
With the announcement of the creation of separate Villages of spectators it looks like no on-site meeting can occur.

Perhaps an off-site location can be chosen, maybe on a different day to remain in the spirit of keeping groups apart.
I think you're right Guy. There is no chance at all in my view of a meeting being held in the old traditional sense. Off site may be possible, as some of us will have quite a bit of time on our hands with no circuit entry until Thursday.
Old 16 Jul 2020, 12:36 (Ref:3988711)   #15
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Not sure there will be many people around before Thursday, as the vast majority of people will arrive later on Wednesday or on Thursday this year
Old 16 Jul 2020, 13:42 (Ref:3988719)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That being so, if there is to be anything, it probably needs to be off site on Thursday or Friday.
Old 16 Jul 2020, 13:53 (Ref:3988721)   #17
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
That being so, if there is to be anything, it probably needs to be off site on Thursday or Friday.

The Thursday schedule looks full, Friday afternoon might work if you or OK missing the Road to Le Mans race. The schedule is up on the ACO site now https://www.lemans.org/en/program/agenda/1371

Sean
Old 16 Jul 2020, 14:17 (Ref:3988729)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
As my son is spannering this year in the RTLM race, I guess it would be rude to miss it.....
Old 16 Jul 2020, 14:19 (Ref:3988731)   #19
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Friday afternoon does look the best time. Does anyone know of a good park or something near the city centre where a socially distanced meet could take place (and then food/drinks in smaller groups in the P de la Rep.)
Old 16 Jul 2020, 14:54 (Ref:3988741)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I guess Eric is best placed to come up with a location. Perhaps we all just go to his house, it's not too far......
Old 16 Jul 2020, 16:29 (Ref:3988763)   #21
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Friday might do for us, obviously we will have our own meet in TR if you can get past the border guards and electric fences or if we have completed the escape tunnels by then
Old 14 Sep 2020, 21:34 (Ref:4002510)   #22
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
The meeting is not cancelled ! Post any thoughts or photos next saturday around noon !
Old 18 Sep 2020, 11:19 (Ref:4003483)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yesterday's warm up.
Attached Thumbnails
20200917_162439.jpg  
Old 18 Sep 2020, 12:19 (Ref:4003495)   #24
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
As it is so late in the year, I have picked up some Mince Pies so we can have a Festive pre-race snack.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 13:54 (Ref:4003520)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I have punt ras.

Pork pies.

They're called punt ras in our house because I once added them to my wife's shopping list. She phoned me from the supermarket asking me what 'punt ras' were. I have terrible handwriting.....