Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 4 May 2020, 18:19 (Ref:3974474)   #6721
Napolis
Racer

Napolis should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNapolis should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Inside Turn 4 at Road Atlanta, multi-canopy campsite with 6 flag poles. Glickenhaus team members welcome any time at Petit.
Old 20 May 2020, 01:31 (Ref:3977244)   #6722
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Toyota will "run" Oreca 07s in the Virtual LM next month
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/lema...s-involvement/

... It just made me laugh

Maybe in few years time they will be running em on track, too
Old 20 May 2020, 12:42 (Ref:3977322)   #6723
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Toyota will "run" Oreca 07s in the Virtual LM next month
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/lema...s-involvement/

... It just made me laugh

Maybe in few years time they will be running em on track, too
Nah, they'll just move on to another series if that's the case. I doubt they let the aco dictate they have to use an lmp2 chassis with them being one of the two manufacturers left.

I do think it's funny they'll use the Oreca in the E-sports lm race though
Old 20 May 2020, 12:54 (Ref:3977326)   #6724
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Nah, they'll just move on to another series if that's the case. I doubt they let the aco dictate they have to use an lmp2 chassis with them being one of the two manufacturers left.

I do think it's funny they'll use the Oreca in the E-sports lm race though
No, I don't think the ACO is going to mandate them to use it, such would make em look bad. It's just that by say 2023-2024 it's probable that literally everyone else is running those spec daytona cars with less than half of the running costs of "Hypercar". And then Toyota may give up and just run Oreca 07 with aesthetic body parts against Porsche's Oreca, GM's Dallara, Mazda's Riley, Alpine's Oreca, Honda/Acura's Oreca and someone else's Ligier-thingy.
Old 21 May 2020, 12:27 (Ref:3977511)   #6725
Chiana
Veteran

If this infinitely cheaper operation at N24 is cancelled for the year due to lack of time for development and restrictions on personnel, wouldn't the final 24h for LMP1 also be at risk? I mean yes the old car does not have any big updates coming up anymore except the updated LM package but you know. They still have to keep developing the lame hypercar behind curtains too
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/0...-24-hours.html
Old 21 May 2020, 17:56 (Ref:3977572)   #6726
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
If this infinitely cheaper operation at N24 is cancelled for the year due to lack of time for development and restrictions on personnel, wouldn't the final 24h for LMP1 also be at risk? I mean yes the old car does not have any big updates coming up anymore except the updated LM package but you know. They still have to keep developing the lame hypercar behind curtains too
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/0...-24-hours.html
I think there's a lot of differences between the two programs. The N24 car is a one off deal and it's just for one race. The car is mostly an experiment for future products in Toyotas lineup, like the TTV8 it's supposed to run for the LC F. I think the hypercar thing is different because it can test a multitude of things in the factory that the LC can't because it's not a TGR Europe project. Most of the guys are Japanese and the travel restrictions etc are hurting more than at TMG. Those guys are 'local' in comparison. It definitely sucks to see the LC not race but I think the wec program is fine especially if you consider the current car is racing longer now and the hypercar rules are pushed back to 2021.
Old 6 Jul 2020, 18:00 (Ref:3986301)   #6727
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nick de Vries replaces Thomas Laurent as development/reserve driver:

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...eserve-driver/
Old 6 Jul 2020, 18:06 (Ref:3986303)   #6728
Aysedasi
'I am not a number.....'
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Nick de Vries replaces Thomas Laurent as development/reserve driver:

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...eserve-driver/
So do we know why Thomas has been 'dumped'?

Now 37 and not yet the 'village' idiot.....
Old 6 Jul 2020, 18:15 (Ref:3986309)   #6729
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Also who will Nick actually drive for this year, he appears to be signed for 3 teams.
Old 6 Jul 2020, 18:29 (Ref:3986312)   #6730
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Also who will Nick actually drive for this year, he appears to be signed for 3 teams.
ELMS G-Drive
WEC/Le Mans Racing Team Nederland
Reserve Toyota

I wonder who will be the Le Mans reserve for RTN in case de Vries got the call from Toyota.
Old 6 Jul 2020, 19:16 (Ref:3986324)   #6731
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it's insane how a driver that could fairly fight against leclerc and norris has been hired by toyota only as development driver... I know experience is essential in endurance racing, but de Vries simply outclasses by far all toyota work drivers.
Old 7 Jul 2020, 01:59 (Ref:3986376)   #6732
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
it's insane how a driver that could fairly fight against leclerc and norris has been hired by toyota only as development driver... I know experience is essential in endurance racing, but de Vries simply outclasses by far all toyota work drivers.
Some would say he was just 4th in the final standings in 2018 F2 and while he won last year the grid wasn't as strong and it was already his 3rd season. But the 3 drivers that finished infront of him in 2018 are now all in F1 for the second season.

Also besides having 3 lmp seats he is also at Mercedes in Formula E.

Last edited by deggis; 7 Jul 2020 at 02:07.
Old 7 Jul 2020, 05:06 (Ref:3986384)   #6733
greenmachinets040
Rookie

greenmachinets040 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I beg your pardon, but I have to argue a little here...Toyota has professional drivers and in the likes of Buemi, Nakajima, Kobayashi would offer him a fierce opposition in any class, despite these three having minor success in F1.
Old 7 Jul 2020, 07:22 (Ref:3986402)   #6734
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Not sure everyone would agree with you there, but he appears to be getting plenty of paid drives at the moment so some people in the sport seem to think he is a future star, so lets see what happens when we get back to normal.
Old 7 Jul 2020, 07:35 (Ref:3986414)   #6735
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmachinets040 View Post
I beg your pardon, but I have to argue a little here...Toyota has professional drivers and in the likes of Buemi, Nakajima, Kobayashi would offer him a fierce opposition in any class, despite these three having minor success in F1.

Never questioned professionalism of toyota work drivers, it's just new generation drivers like norris, verstappen, leclerc, de vries, russell are simply insanely talented and would likely outclass everyone in their way.

He finished 4th on 2018 F2 champ, but russell aside who dominated the season, de vries, albon (3rd) and norris (2nd) were all in less than 20 points.

If am not wrong, at austin qualifying, de vries set a time 0.7s faster than everyone else, that is jaw dropping for a basically spec class.