Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 27 Aug 2019, 18:03 (Ref:3924394)   #51
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We are in the MGB in the Gent Drivers. Yes do come and say hello.
Old 27 Aug 2019, 18:21 (Ref:3924397)   #52
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Will do Peter

Simon (gt6)
Old 27 Aug 2019, 19:17 (Ref:3924404)   #53
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
But I'll still need the ACO membership for the cafes and facilities when walking around.
Your post reminded me to renew my membership.

It only cost 60 Euro - I recall it cost more before but it still seems to have all the benefits I need.

It runs out at the end of June, which is a bit cheeky because I'll be at the Classic on 3 July and will need an up-to-date card.

They took payment twice. Great. So it seems the ACO's website still hasn't quite made it to the 2010s yet .
Old 27 Aug 2019, 19:43 (Ref:3924410)   #54
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Not sure the 60 euro membership gives you the discounts on tickets that the 110 euro one does. Anyway if you renew it now it will run to next august at least. If you get discounts on le mans and classic tickets next year it will more that cover the extra
Old 27 Aug 2019, 21:06 (Ref:3924426)   #55
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Not sure the 60 euro membership gives you the discounts on tickets that the 110 euro one does. Anyway if you renew it now it will run to next august at least. If you get discounts on le mans and classic tickets next year it will more that cover the extra
I wasn't offered any option other than 60 Euro, nor can I see any way to upgrade or add to my membership. And it clearly states that my membership runs till the end of June. Sigh.
Old 28 Aug 2019, 06:01 (Ref:3924447)   #56
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Before you renew phone them up and speak to them, most of the staff at the ACO speak good English and they will help. If not speak to catherine.boutier@lemans-tourisme.fr she is very helpful and will assist you.
Old 28 Aug 2019, 06:07 (Ref:3924449)   #57
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Well, I'm pleased to hear that you want to go back Peter! I too will be retired by then, but I've 'salted' enough away to guarantee Le Mans in the way that I do it for at least a couple of years.....
I've now completed eight LM since retirement - all done the way that I do it. Unfortunately, the limiting factor for me is not financial, but physical. I'm not sure this ancient, creaking body can will be able to drag itself across the Channel next summer.

Go whilst you still can!
Old 28 Aug 2019, 06:14 (Ref:3924450)   #58
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
I've now completed eight LM since retirement - all done the way that I do it. Unfortunately, the limiting factor for me is not financial, but physical. I'm not sure this ancient, creaking body can will be able to drag itself across the Channel next summer.

Go whilst you still can!
The solution is to get someone else to drag you there, once there your body will revert to teenager mode and you will bound around no problem. Been retired over 7 years myself and even made it 2 years ago with a broken back as you know. Next year will be 34th main event and i will no longer be in my fifties
Old 28 Aug 2019, 15:55 (Ref:3924514)   #59
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ok, I've decided to go with TD, camping at Porsche curves. It's the same cost as the PistonHeads camp and whilst other campsites may be cheaper I know I get a virtually "fence free" view of the track at this location. And it has beer and bacon sandwiches.

I've also bought a tent!

Main logistics issue is the plastic containers for the comestibles for the lunchtime gathering.
Old 3 Sep 2019, 05:42 (Ref:3925517)   #60
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Ok, I've decided to go with TD, camping at Porsche curves. It's the same cost as the PistonHeads camp and whilst other campsites may be cheaper I know I get a virtually "fence free" view of the track at this location. And it has beer and bacon sandwiches.

I've also bought a tent!

Main logistics issue is the plastic containers for the comestibles for the lunchtime gathering.
Congratulation in joining the tent owners club! I was bought another one for my birthday, too many to choose from.

Many people have their camp site preferences, but it's what suits you best that matters. Enjoy!

Also.... Can I retire yet too?
Old 3 Sep 2019, 12:14 (Ref:3925577)   #61
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Before you renew phone them up and speak to them, most of the staff at the ACO speak good English and they will help. If not speak to catherine.boutier@lemans-tourisme.fr she is very helpful and will assist you.
Thank you. I had already renewed online when I posted, at the €60 option which was the only one available on the main site. They charged me three times, which was a little irritating but an email saw that quickly addressed.

I am however completely confused about what membership gets what and between my broken French and the better but not fluent English of the ACO people politely emailing me, I’m not getting any clarification.

The first person denied the €109 option existed. It doesn’t on the ACO site but is available on the ticketing site. There is apparently a €15 upgrade to the €60 option but I’m not clear if that gives me all I would have got for the full fat €109 option.

I don’t care about discounts. I want early booking and access to all the ACO member areas and Grandstands. The advice of the expert denizens here would be much appreciated!
Old 3 Sep 2019, 12:35 (Ref:3925579)   #62
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
OK i think you need the euro 109 option, but i think you should phone them up, they are all fluent in english and very helpful, The euro 60 option is really the equivalent of basic uk rac rather than the racing membership, on the lemans site the only options are the euro 109 and the uprated euro 249. The increased cost can be ofset against the discounts you get on race tickets, camping etc and when you get to the circuit if you go to the area near the dunlop bridge and register you get a full pack of stuff including a programme so further savings.
Old 3 Sep 2019, 12:36 (Ref:3925580)   #63
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaviel View Post
Also.... Can I retire yet too?
Sorry Helen you will have to wait another 35 years for that
Old 3 Sep 2019, 13:15 (Ref:3925588)   #64
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
OK i think you need the euro 109 option, but i think you should phone them up, they are all fluent in english and very helpful, The euro 60 option is really the equivalent of basic uk rac rather than the racing membership, on the lemans site the only options are the euro 109 and the uprated euro 249. The increased cost can be ofset against the discounts you get on race tickets, camping etc and when you get to the circuit if you go to the area near the dunlop bridge and register you get a full pack of stuff including a programme so further savings.
I've only been once but this year for your (e)109 you got the programme pack, access to the lounges and the terrace at Maison Blanche, the T17 grandstand (but it was extra for race day) and of course the discounted tickets and camping, should you so desire.

I thought it was a very good package and will do it again simply because you get around the circuit with access to reasonable food and beverages. As I said I don't think I'll need a grandstand for the race but will be wandering around during the day and evening so will need the facilities.
Old 3 Sep 2019, 13:51 (Ref:3925601)   #65
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
You also get free access to the museum but some years your normal ticket also gives you access. The early access to camping and grandstand tickets is good if you want particular sites but to be honest most of the sites you want will already be sold out before it opens s they are often allocated to agents like 1st tickets etc.
Old 3 Sep 2019, 17:09 (Ref:3925644)   #66
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I'm sure you're right Simon. I mistakenly bought the 'base' membership once, got to the circuit and found it got me nothing at all.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 06:54 (Ref:3925711)   #67
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm sure you're right Simon. I mistakenly bought the 'base' membership once, got to the circuit and found it got me nothing at all.
Apparently, as of race week this year, everything has changed. I haven't fully digested how this revised format works (it's a little ambiguous in parts), but it is customisable with add-ons to suit an individual's needs. The base price is the aforementioned 60 euros.

Have a look here.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 07:07 (Ref:3925715)   #68
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Ah right. This year I paid 150 euros and got the full package other than the grandstand on raceday/weekend. It also covered my wife. So we got 2 for the price of one. Now it seems the base package does not include the access to lounges etc. but for an extra 40 Euros you can add these on. Then for another 20.00 euros you can take along a guest. Cost wise it appears to make little difference but I guess it does mean folks have a bit more choice.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 10:29 (Ref:3925740)   #69
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
well that is a new change, usually take the full 6 discounted tickets but that is now only 2 and no mention of discounts on camping ticket etc. my renewal is due November so will see what they say but looks like i will just get the cheap one in order to get my camping tickets and a couple of race ones.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 12:06 (Ref:3925771)   #70
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Apparently, as of race week this year, everything has changed. I haven't fully digested how this revised format works (it's a little ambiguous in parts), but it is customisable with add-ons to suit an individual's needs. The base price is the aforementioned 60 euros.

Have a look here.
When I bought the €60 option on the ACO site there was no option to add the €15 or €40 extras.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 15:28 (Ref:3925813)   #71
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I had a renewal from the aco asking for 109 euro's, i have gone back to ask them if that price includes the full 6 discounted race tickets.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 16:21 (Ref:3925822)   #72
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Ok just got a reply you can either stick to the old scheme at 109 euros and get the discounts as before or go for the lower figure and get 2 discounts, will stick to old one.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 18:32 (Ref:3925851)   #73
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I still haven't received my pack so I emailed the ACO yesterday. Got a nice email from Helene (add assorted accents over the 'e's) saying she would send it again. That's two years running I've had to remind them to send it....
Old 4 Sep 2019, 18:40 (Ref:3925853)   #74
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i think as far as the ACO is concerned you are on the naughty boys list Andrew
Old 4 Sep 2019, 19:08 (Ref:3925860)   #75
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Andrew
Using real names on a forum should definitely be strictly verbotten. #justsaying