Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 28 Jul 2020, 16:09 (Ref:3991261)   #876
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Brilliant, thanks Vince.
Old 28 Jul 2020, 17:50 (Ref:3991275)   #877
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks, very helpfull should ACO give me a choice.
Old 28 Jul 2020, 18:01 (Ref:3991276)   #878
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bleu village looks tight.
I actually don't know what to choose should ACO give me a choice. Pro's con's I really don't know.
Old 28 Jul 2020, 18:45 (Ref:3991280)   #879
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Bleu village looks tight.
I actually don't know what to choose should ACO give me a choice. Pro's con's I really don't know.
The blue area is small. But it includes several grandstands. I feel we could be getting to know those stands quite well.... Bring a cushion!
Old 28 Jul 2020, 20:33 (Ref:3991304)   #880
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The grandstands in that map are yellow. I wonder if that mean they belong to village yellow or to the village they are in.
If they are yellow, I might consider a grandstand ticket. I love to spend some hours in the Karting area and taking photo's, but 4 days is a bit long.
Old 28 Jul 2020, 21:48 (Ref:3991311)   #881
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
As far as I can see, all the grandstands are coloured yellow. I think it's pretty unlikely that the folks in the yellow village will be able to access all (or any) of those grandstands, unless they already have a grandstand seat, in which case they might be able to choose (or may be allocated) to white or blue, in which case I assume they would lose their yellow access/camping. I fear this will be a 'not having your cake and eating it' situation.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 28 Jul 2020 at 21:53.
Old 28 Jul 2020, 23:55 (Ref:3991324)   #882
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep as far as I can see yellow doesn't have any access to any grandstand unless they build one within that area. I've seen a couple of people saying they thought yellow included T34 (above the pits) but I've not seen any evidence of that. In reality I think the access is too close to the paddock to let us public up there.

The yellow colouring on the grandstands is a carryover from a previous iteration of the map that didn't include these zones.
Old 29 Jul 2020, 06:05 (Ref:3991334)   #883
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I agree the stands above the pits could not sensibly be open and certainly not the area's were you could lean over and look into the pits below.
Old 29 Jul 2020, 10:44 (Ref:3991345)   #884
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That's an interesting point you two. I'd not thought before of T34 being closed, but as you say, access to it is extremely limited (it is a complete pain, in fact as you can only access it from one end) and although you don't have to go far into the road behind the paddock to get in, it could be seen as an unnecessary bottleneck. Once you're in though, there are loads of separate stairways and it is actually safer distancing wise than most of the other stands, with far more clearly separated areas than the stands opposite. As far as leaning over is concerned, that's actually a lot more difficult than it sounds due to the way in which the barrier at the front row is constructed outwards. I know, as I've sat in it many times (we sat in the front row last year). They could easily leave the front 3-4 rows empty and prohibit standing in the aisles at the front.
Old 29 Jul 2020, 11:04 (Ref:3991350)   #885
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I think the ACO already has plenty of grandstand space available so think the stands about the pits will not be available, this will save them quite a bit of organisation and changes that would be required to make it safe.
Old 29 Jul 2020, 12:06 (Ref:3991361)   #886
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I think the ACO already has plenty of grandstand space available so think the stands about the pits will not be available, this will save them quite a bit of organisation and changes that would be required to make it safe.
I'm not so convinced of that Simon. Bearing in mind that they won't be filling the stands up for distancing reasons, as well as the fact that if people are going to be stuck in a relatively small area for the whole event, I suspect that GS seats will actually be fairly sought after.
Old 29 Jul 2020, 12:56 (Ref:3991372)   #887
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i thought you could not buy any GS tickets, so either you had them before all this or you don't. Suspect vast numbers have already been returned or transfered to 2021.
Old 29 Jul 2020, 14:11 (Ref:3991394)   #888
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You can still buy them from all the agencies. They are permitted to sell any stock that they have - the only thing they can't sell is entry tickets alone.

But yes, plenty of tickets will have been returned and deferred, entry, GS and camping.
Old 29 Jul 2020, 15:04 (Ref:3991404)   #889
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
yep and news coming out everyday is making me nervous they will just give up and cancel the whole thing.
Old 30 Jul 2020, 08:06 (Ref:3991566)   #890
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
yep and news coming out everyday is making me nervous they will just give up and cancel the whole thing.
Don't read the news!! I've given up reading most stuff, either Le Mans specific or in general. One day it's great, the next it's bad and repeat. A lot of news either seems to be made up or reporting already known facts or events which were weeks, if not months ago.
Old 30 Jul 2020, 09:03 (Ref:3991582)   #891
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i know i should not read the news but unfortunately i keep doing so in the vain hope things will get better, ever the optimist.
Old 30 Jul 2020, 10:21 (Ref:3991601)   #892
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by eps View Post
Don't read the news!! I've given up reading most stuff, either Le Mans specific or in general. One day it's great, the next it's bad and repeat. A lot of news either seems to be made up or reporting already known facts or events which were weeks, if not months ago.

I've watched very little news over the last couple of months. The media agenda to bring us unrelenting doom and gloom, whether accurate or totally fictitious and to criticise the government at every turn when dealing with something almost entirely unprecedented got to the point where I couldn't take it any more.
Old 30 Jul 2020, 11:16 (Ref:3991624)   #893
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post

I've watched very little news over the last couple of months. The media agenda to bring us unrelenting doom and gloom, whether accurate or totally fictitious and to criticise the government at every turn when dealing with something almost entirely unprecedented got to the point where I couldn't take it any more.
Exactly - news is now about to can we trip the interviewee up and get him to say something controversial - rather than relaying newly received or noteworthy information, especially about recent events - which is what news should be.
Old 30 Jul 2020, 12:35 (Ref:3991641)   #894
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i know it is usually not worth watching but the weather forecast that follows is nice at the moment
Old 1 Aug 2020, 09:11 (Ref:3992018)   #895
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Headline in today's La Maine Libre

Sarthe. Covid-19: 43 new confirmed cases, hospitalizations and resuscitation are on the rise
The Pays de la Loire Health Agency reports, this Friday, July 31, 2020, that 11 new Sarthois have been admitted to the hospitals of the department since July 25. An unprecedented increase since deconfinement. And for the first time since June 18, 2020, a patient has been admitted to intensive care.
Old 1 Aug 2020, 09:47 (Ref:3992028)   #896
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm.
Old 1 Aug 2020, 11:26 (Ref:3992036)   #897
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Hmm indeed..... and we haven't even got there yet.....
Old 1 Aug 2020, 11:50 (Ref:3992044)   #898
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Things are not going to plan, but fingers still crossed.
Old 1 Aug 2020, 12:03 (Ref:3992046)   #899
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just bought some stickers for the MG.
Old 1 Aug 2020, 12:47 (Ref:3992054)   #900
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I’m racing at Le Mans this weekend and had a drive out to Mulsanne corner Last night to get a pizza from the place near the traffic lights (very good pizza by the way) so basically did a full lap of the circuit and it’s very hard to believe that there is gonna be a race here in September, everywhere very overgrown and unloved, a bit sad to see really
Closed Thread