Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 24 Jan 2020, 00:09 (Ref:3953029)   #26
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Black Swan has sourced a replacement chassis from Wright, so will make the race.
Old 24 Jan 2020, 03:11 (Ref:3953044)   #27
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post

Everyone notice how joeb dodged this so eloquently?

If you only knew what I was doing the last two days plus tomorrow you wouldn't be jealous. I am just looking at this for first time today.
Old 24 Jan 2020, 03:42 (Ref:3953047)   #28
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
If you only knew what I was doing the last two days plus tomorrow you wouldn't be jealous. I am just looking at this for first time today.
So when will the Mazdas blow up?
Old 24 Jan 2020, 03:53 (Ref:3953048)   #29
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
So when will the Mazdas blow up?
They won't. Suspension failure and crash for 55 and clutch issues for 77
Old 24 Jan 2020, 06:01 (Ref:3953056)   #30
belt driven
Racer

United States
NE exurban ATL
belt driven has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Greetings race fan(atic)s.

Like the thread title. I took a picture from a side street of a bucket truck changing the overhead street signs from Volusia Blvd. to ISB. This was during the 24 in '92-'95 on a Sunday morning.

Does any statistician know the maximum historic endurance of a Mazda turbo 4? What about the average?

Don't know about overseas; but http://livescoring.us/2020/imsa01/ is the ticket stateside. I've used it the last 2 petits on the world's cheapest/dumbest/smartphone.

Hope IMSA TV works Friday...
Old 24 Jan 2020, 13:10 (Ref:3953126)   #31
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Watching qualifying. Have to say, the sounds are so generic now it has lost a lot of character. Porsche and Corvette now sounds generic, and that's sad.
Old 24 Jan 2020, 13:11 (Ref:3953127)   #32
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
They won't. Suspension failure and crash for 55 and clutch issues for 77
they're at least on the pole and 3rd. A Penske Acura leading the GTd field? What happened there.

Man, q-ing slept right by me (and us here). Not much talk at all cept we couldn't watch it live??!

Edit - thanks Twitter - Ricky bent it...

https://twitter.com/RickyTaylorRace/...53841399226368

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 24 Jan 2020 at 13:19.
Old 24 Jan 2020, 13:12 (Ref:3953128)   #33
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Watching qualifying. Have to say, the sounds are so generic now it has lost a lot of character. Porsche and Corvette now sounds generic, and that's sad.
yeah. A piece of me died the first time I heard the new 'vette...
Old 24 Jan 2020, 18:33 (Ref:3953168)   #34
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Anybody in the know about the #38 Perf Tech Oreca chassis's status after the morning crash?
Old 24 Jan 2020, 20:45 (Ref:3953191)   #35
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can we talk about the Michelin Pilot race here? This race is awesome.
Old 24 Jan 2020, 20:55 (Ref:3953193)   #36
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Good day to be in a Mercedes
Old 24 Jan 2020, 21:05 (Ref:3953199)   #37
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
It is, but that Audi is looking menacing. They could be a factor come the end.
Old 24 Jan 2020, 21:37 (Ref:3953206)   #38
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Can we talk about the Michelin Pilot race here? This race is awesome.
I think this kind of stuff is forbidden. Be careful.
Old 24 Jan 2020, 22:01 (Ref:3953208)   #39
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Late yellow. Not sure we'll go green again. IMSA doing the wave around early in an attempt to prepare for it though. I'll be super impressed if they clean this up and go green again.

Been a really good race. Clean, no unnecessary yellows.
Old 24 Jan 2020, 22:04 (Ref:3953209)   #40
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
There's been a number of things that could have necessitated a yellow and I would have understood. I appreciate the hesitancy go yellow all the time.
Old 24 Jan 2020, 23:13 (Ref:3953214)   #41
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Anybody in the know about the #38 Perf Tech Oreca chassis's status after the morning crash?
S365 reporting damage wasn't too bad and car will race

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/d...y-notebook-11/
Old 25 Jan 2020, 00:56 (Ref:3953229)   #42
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
A Penske Acura leading the GTd field? What happened there.
Ricky smunched before getting rolling.

jimclark
Old 25 Jan 2020, 05:33 (Ref:3953250)   #43
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
It is sad to know two of the most unique sounds are gone. I couldn't tell too much about the porsche from qualifying, I saw the Corvette at petit do the parade lap, and while it definitely lost character, it still sounds good. As long as the porsche still has the unmistakable sound it has on deceleration and downshifting, I'll still love it. Theres something about it I can't explain without mimicking it, but it is so cool.

Any chance there will be any good links around the time the race starts?
Old 25 Jan 2020, 09:26 (Ref:3953265)   #44
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
No comprendre......

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Any chance there will be any good links around the time the race starts?
I'd try to answer but I don't undersatnd the question. What kind of links?......That aren't around at other times? Post #1 doesn't get it?

jimclark
Old 25 Jan 2020, 10:36 (Ref:3953270)   #45
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
I'd try to answer but I don't undersatnd the question. What kind of links?......That aren't around at other times? Post #1 doesn't get it?
A lot of streams for events are temporary. Often put up in a reaction to when a service dies - something the IMSA site (and WEC site) manage quite often during the biggest events. He's asking if anyone knows of anyone planning such a stream.
Old 25 Jan 2020, 10:51 (Ref:3953271)   #46
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What time(uk) will the IMSA stream go live please?
Old 25 Jan 2020, 10:55 (Ref:3953273)   #47
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
I think it’s around 1830 UK. Kinda hard to work out on the IMSA site as it says the race starts at 1230 but TV starts at 1330. So something is wrong there (as always is with the IMSA times - someone should give them a Mickey Mouse Watch). Other sources say 1830 UK.
Old 25 Jan 2020, 11:02 (Ref:3953276)   #48
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks, I thought so and you're right it's a bit of lottery judging by previous experiences.
Old 25 Jan 2020, 12:47 (Ref:3953285)   #49
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Race start is 1340 local time, an hour earlier than the last few years. UK is five hours ahead so 1840 start UK time.
Old 25 Jan 2020, 15:37 (Ref:3953303)   #50
belt driven
Racer

United States
NE exurban ATL
belt driven has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Unable to sign up for NBCSG Trackpass. Tried yesterday during the Pilot Challenge, last night, and this morning. When I click register, it goes back to Capcha box.

Any suggestions?