Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 5 Jun 2020, 16:25 (Ref:3980357)   #106
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hmm, the Georgia kid gets pole at Atlanta?

https://racer.com/2020/06/04/elliott...e-for-atlanta/
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 5 Jun 2020, 17:01 (Ref:3980367)   #107
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Hmm, the Georgia kid gets pole at Atlanta?

https://racer.com/2020/06/04/elliott...e-for-atlanta/
This is off topic. It's no longer May. Bring back the regular NASCAR thread b/c I no longer care!!!

Go Chase! NASCAR should give him something for the BS they've put him through in May!
Old 8 Jun 2020, 16:31 (Ref:3980850)   #108
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlfisti should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlfisti should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlfisti should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
This is off topic. It's no longer May...
I never noticed that... nothing seems to change anymore other than my socks!
Old 8 Jun 2020, 17:28 (Ref:3980863)   #109
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Last year we had 78 days of July in Georgia, this year it's 80-some days of March.
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 9 Jun 2020, 18:06 (Ref:3981020)   #110
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
apparently flag related issues are no longer confined to the nfl:

https://racer.com/2020/06/09/crandal...ith-the-flags/
Old 9 Jun 2020, 23:38 (Ref:3981056)   #111
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
They've done multiple things, and unlike what everyone thinks NASCAR can't control the track decisions. ISC multiple times did trade-ins, bring your Confederate gear for an American flag. Obviously it didn't take
Old 10 Jun 2020, 21:13 (Ref:3981218)   #112
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlfisti should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlfisti should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlfisti should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The world has gone mad. Next the idiotic hoards will want our blood 'cause our grandads best friends uncle once did something unpleasant to a black dude.

The past is the flippin' past.

Lettin' some people into Homestead and 'Dega to spectate too. Only 1,000 at Homestead and 5,000 at Dega, but it's a start.
Old 10 Jun 2020, 21:58 (Ref:3981221)   #113
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dude or person?

but I probably shouldn't ask though right?

Anyways delete if necessary.
Old 10 Jun 2020, 22:20 (Ref:3981224)   #114
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is about achieving fairness and equality not revenge. Let’s not change the narrative into something it isn’t. There is too much of that around, too many things being used to distract from the actual injustice here - the treatment of George Floyd and others.

And I was pleased to see that NASCAR seem to get it with their moment to listen.
Old 10 Jun 2020, 23:49 (Ref:3981231)   #115
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
In all reality management probably doesn't care either way, but you sell the series to a sponsor without making the move they made today banning Confederate flags at their events. Now how they will police that at the events not on their tracks could be sticky. But would you be tone deaf enough to fight NASCAR on that point? I could see it but think the money is too big.

And I'm sure the series affiliates all read their contacts and found the morals clauses very interesting. Similar to upper management being let go because of actions unbecoming their position, I can guarantee they each have moral clauses to have an out based on the others actions. I'm sure NASCAR was told that wasn't the hill to die on and lose their sponsors by not responding to Bubba. The fans they may lose can't possibly amount to the cash paid by Monster (with Coca-Cola slightly affiliated after buying everything Hansen made except Monster and investing a bit), Xfinity and Camping World to put their names on the window.
Old 11 Jun 2020, 23:39 (Ref:3981446)   #116
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some guy I've never heard of is quitting Nascar because of the banned Confederate flag.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...g-its-n1229926

He says celebrating the Confederacy doesn't wake you racist. Ok, sure.
Old 12 Jun 2020, 09:37 (Ref:3981491)   #117
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!
He can complain all he likes, but he must understand the reasoning behind it. He is entitled to his opinion, but if he wants to quit, then itís a pretty silly reason for doing so
Old 12 Jun 2020, 14:57 (Ref:3981574)   #118
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Some guy I've never heard of is quitting Nascar because of the banned Confederate flag.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...g-its-n1229926

He says celebrating the Confederacy doesn't wake you racist. Ok, sure.
Please keep up sir, it's June so we've returned to regularly scheduled programming over in the 2020 thread.

And yeah, the 18 races he's run so far make him the voice of NASCAR I'm sure
Old 15 Jun 2020, 19:10 (Ref:3982234)   #119
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Please keep up sir, it's June so we've returned to regularly scheduled programming over in the 2020 thread.

And yeah, the 18 races he's run so far make him the voice of NASCAR I'm sure
i think the topic is being covered here, despite the month old title

And I'm sure nobody will have a problem with this:

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-up...aw-enforcement
Old 15 Jun 2020, 19:26 (Ref:3982235)   #120
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!
Itís an interesting concept. I see no harm in running that slogan, it shows both sides matter