Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Jun 2003, 13:35 (Ref:621788)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
F1 facility for sale!

I've just received the July issue of F1 Racing today (don't laugh) and there is an advert in there that may interest those of you with a few million quid. Or Euros. The entire Arrows Formula One Racing Team facility at Leafield is up for auction! After I pi*sed myself laughing for about four hours I read what was up for grabs:

1)5x Arrows A23 race cars (that'll be last years beauties then).
2)2x Arrows AX3 three seater race cars with engines and support package.
3)Crates and crates of memorabilia from over the years, much is signed by drivers past and, er, past. Racing overalls and helmets, clothing, bags, caps, models etc....
4)A selection of Arrows V10 Formula One engines, transmissions and spare parts.
5)Race and test equipment comprising radio equipment antenna, transceiver, repeaters, race team sets, test team sets, assorted quentor (?), flight cases, controls for tyre blankets, power distribution and communication rack.
6)Electronics comprising Pi Sigma system including Pi Research Auto Sim, F1 car Performance Analysis Rig with 10x data logging units, 11x EU sensor units, 14x ACU sensor units. Plus Arrows Pi & monitor network system with ESA-L1500A, Spectrum Analyser 9KHZ - 1.5GHZ (I'm lost now) and twin screen pit monitor system.
7)Hospitality buses: Renault Maxi Rider Omni Nova Tri-Axle hospitality bus & Renault Omni Nova hospitality bus in Arrows livery.
8)Tons of CNC and conventional machine tools.
9)Research and development gear including rig with actuators and Instron Load Frame& Testing machine.
10)Inspection gear.
11)Composite and cloth cutting machine.
12)Stereolithography printer systems.
13)Compressors and general purpose engineering/race team equipment.

Want to bid? Visit www.dovebid.com. I wonder how much it will go for? Some jammy b*stard will snap up a right old bargain!

HAPPY BIDDING!

Old 5 Jun 2003, 13:40 (Ref:621798)   #2
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sheesh...ILL TAKE THE LOT!

how much money do you think we make knowlesy?!

Interesting though. I would have thought it would have been sold off already though.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 13:41 (Ref:621799)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Why don't all we ten tenths members scrape our coppers and life savings together and make a joint bid? A flawless plan, surely!?!
Old 5 Jun 2003, 13:42 (Ref:621801)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I would have to run it of course.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 13:58 (Ref:621834)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Attached Images

Old 5 Jun 2003, 14:04 (Ref:621840)   #6
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ILL DRIVE!
Old 5 Jun 2003, 14:06 (Ref:621844)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Would anyone like to join me and Twig on this thread? It's getting very lonely here.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 14:10 (Ref:621852)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

IS ANYONE THERE!!!!!
Old 5 Jun 2003, 14:11 (Ref:621854)   #9
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
If the man in the picure has anything to do with it, you can count me out
Old 5 Jun 2003, 14:14 (Ref:621859)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
IS ANYONE THERE!!!!!
The trick is to leave more time between your posts to give people chance to reply! It takes a long time to read your posts

Oh and for me here is the small matter that I should be working...
Old 5 Jun 2003, 14:15 (Ref:621861)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Edited by Wrex
Old 5 Jun 2003, 14:20 (Ref:621873)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Last edited by Adam43; 5 Jun 2003 at 14:20.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 14:26 (Ref:621881)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Edited by Wrex
Old 5 Jun 2003, 14:37 (Ref:621887)   #14
Irv the Swerve
Veteran

Irv the Swerve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
look at that - downright cheek to a Mod.

you'll probably get away with crucifiction - first offence.
Bloody favouritism though.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 14:38 (Ref:621889)   #15
Irv the Swerve
Veteran

I'm thinking about buying that lot anyway.
Just to get on up on the rest of the Vee lads.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 14:44 (Ref:621895)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Alright. Back to the topic guys.

How about a little competition? How much will all that lot go for (presuming we can find out). The person who is nearest wins the satisfaction of being a smarty!

Without studying it too closely, I reckon £640,560.

It would be nice if someone bought it and did something good with it. I'm not sure how feasible that is.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 14:47 (Ref:621899)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

one and a half million!
Old 5 Jun 2003, 14:47 (Ref:621900)   #18
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
if I would vahe a few mils $ .. I know I would by the lot ..unfortunately .. I don't have that kind of money ... what an i get with ... 20 cents

Ciao Marco
Old 5 Jun 2003, 14:49 (Ref:621902)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Right, well I get my pay tomorrow. A whole sixty quid. Yes, I'm shivering with the anticipation.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 14:56 (Ref:621910)   #20
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i reckon .is about 3 mils ..

Ciao Marco
Old 5 Jun 2003, 15:03 (Ref:621915)   #21
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
$6 million (I don't know how much that is in GB pounds, but I guess it's aroun 4mil)

Last edited by ljakse; 5 Jun 2003 at 15:05.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 15:17 (Ref:621933)   #22
Irv the Swerve
Veteran

I'm thinking in the £5-6million range.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 15:54 (Ref:621966)   #23
rmorfei
Rookie

rmorfei should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I could probably afford one of the cars.
I would have to LIVE in it. It would be a bit hard on the wife at first.........stopping at filling stations to bath and things like that, but what the heck, you only go through life once..................
Old 5 Jun 2003, 16:09 (Ref:621983)   #24
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Surely, the package is still good enough to compete with the Minardi?
Old 5 Jun 2003, 18:50 (Ref:622117)   #25
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having watched Bargain Hunt extensively over the past 2 years - hey, I'm a student - I would make a guess at around eighty to a hundred pounds.

Cheap as chips!