Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 25 May 2003, 16:00 (Ref:609569)   #1
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What to take to LM ?

Le Mans is drawing close now, it is time to make the all important choices of what is going with you in your rucksack......

Apart from the obvious, tickets, passport, radio, basic camera, cash etc, and the things that are just over the required level of information, like the "non motorsport" magazines and the inflatable, er, "items" that have appeared sometimes around LM......

What is your top 5 or so items ???

For me now it has to be

1/ Sound reduction headphones (2002 introduced)
2/ A small pocket sized list of cars and drivers (1986 ?)
3/ Inflatable camping mattress (Early 90's)
4/ Maglight Torch (1986 ?)
5/ Stacks of spare batteries (2nd RLM broadcast)

And one I should have said at the start...

1A/ Good comfy shoes..... (Since 1979)

Simon
Old 25 May 2003, 17:05 (Ref:609636)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
1. Pocket radio
2. Sun-hat (that sun can really burn the back of your neck when you're standing on the tribunes)
3. Bumbag - for money, fags, other essentials
4. Ticket holder (cheap at the circuit, but I've got loads....)
5. Indigestion tablets (lots of lovely rich food in a short space of time plays havoc with my digestion.....)

and see

http://www.aysedasi.btinternet.co.uk/2002/checklist.htm
Old 25 May 2003, 17:05 (Ref:609637)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
BTW Simon - sound reduction headphones? You going soft on us?
Old 25 May 2003, 18:51 (Ref:609753)   #4
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I guess he just dosn't want to get Panozed!

Actually, Simons use of ear defenders means he can safely spend more time in the loudest places such as right on the front guardrail on the start/finish straight etc. Also, if you wear them over your Walkman in-ear's you can hear Radio LM as well as Panoz's!
Old 25 May 2003, 20:19 (Ref:609843)   #5
Sean Crockett
Racer

Wales
South Wales (UK)
Sean Crockett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's my list......No. 1 is an essential I can't understand why no-one else has mentioned!!!

1. Toilet Roll
2. Small FM Radio
3. Bin Liners (to use if it rains)
4. Sun Cream (I've been burnt horribly over the years!)
5. Big Hat (as above)
Old 25 May 2003, 20:47 (Ref:609870)   #6
deebrief
Rookie

England
Haddenham
deebrief should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wet gear,for can tip it down (2001)
Bag of euros
Rucksac
Good local map, can navigate yourself around the circuit easier.
Avoid speeding back to calais on the first section o/s Le Mans, the police will fine you .
Old 25 May 2003, 21:08 (Ref:609893)   #7
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So far no-one has mentioned beer!
Could that be because we're more interested in watching the race than ending up in a hedge 'off yer face'?

(I'll be taking some beer/wine etc, but I don't list it as essential )
Old 25 May 2003, 21:25 (Ref:609906)   #8
SL
Veteran

Actually the sound reduction headphones, I was meaning the noise cancelling type. You can listen to RLM at a bearable level all the time. Very good at the start when there is a lot of action on the radio and all you can hear is a V8 grinding up the start straight.

As for the beer / wine. That should I suppose be in the taken for granted area. Amount consummed will vary quite a bit.

I like the loo roll Sean, but no 1 on the list ??? We find a piece of string through the roll and over the head works very well for the squat down type toilets.

Simon
Old 26 May 2003, 05:08 (Ref:610098)   #9
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Each time :
- tickets
- radio
- camera (and batteries)
- the special LM clothes (confortable !)
- K-way and cap (but I'm soaked each time : do I have to take bin liners too ? Mmmm, very classy ! )

Useful : cel phone (with vibrator !), entry list

To be confortable, I prefer stay light (rucksack to keep hands free for merguez, crèpes, ); the best equipement I was is BernardB one : the full 'photograph' clothes, pockets everywhere, warm when it's cold, not too much when the weather turns huh, well... hot !
Old 26 May 2003, 10:17 (Ref:610277)   #10
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Right here goes:-

Radio
Camara and Spare Battries,spare Memory Card if u are digital and spare films if your not
Hat
Ticket Holder
Change of Scoks
Money and Credit Cards (have u seen the price of the Bentley T-Shirts)
Waterproff Jacket (Just in case)
Sun Cream
Entry List
Moible Phone
Ruck Sac
Sunglasses

Last edited by rdjones; 26 May 2003 at 10:20.
Old 26 May 2003, 13:47 (Ref:610451)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones

Change of Socks

Planning on just the one change, eh Rob?

Actually, the change of socks on Sunday morning after walking the circuit all night is absolute bliss......

......unless you uncover blisters at the same time.......
Old 26 May 2003, 14:30 (Ref:610496)   #12
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Binoculars for watching the Hawaiian Tropic Girls.

Last edited by Mal; 26 May 2003 at 14:30.
Old 26 May 2003, 16:27 (Ref:610608)   #13
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. Ticket holder
2. Radio and earphones
3. large plastic see-through bin liners and ziptop bags (for packing the loot I pick up during the week).
4. Sun block
5. Laptop!

Other things that are equally indispensible: European cell phone, change purse divided into sections for several currencies, black notebook for, er, notes; bottle of water.

Since my ears were trashed years before anyone discovered ear protection, I don't bother with that unless I'm in the pitlane or between walls.
Old 26 May 2003, 16:59 (Ref:610631)   #14
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
5. Laptop!
That had crossed my mind, but it will be far too much hasle and wouldn't want to lose it or have it nicked......
Old 26 May 2003, 20:18 (Ref:610791)   #15
rlinter
Racer

rlinter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1 600 sqft Marquee
2 Sky Digi Kit
3 Private Satellite Internet Connection (2mbps or faster)
4 Long Power cable and various plugs etc
5 Generator (In Case Powercable not long enough)
6 Fridge
7 Chemical Bog as the toilet blocks to open till wednesday
8 500 PA system to Listen to RLM
9 Tables, Chairs & some food for 60 people (source the perisable locally.
10 2 x Transit Vans to transport the kit
11 Liz
Old 26 May 2003, 22:34 (Ref:610921)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
1. Tickets

oh wait the ACO haven't sent us ours yet
Old 26 May 2003, 23:14 (Ref:610948)   #17
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
1. Good sense of direction.

2. Good sense of humour.

3. Appetite for Chinese food (Mmmm, crispy duck,...mmmm)

4. Anything you've forgotten.
Old 27 May 2003, 01:34 (Ref:611039)   #18
danhx
Racer

danhx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ME!!!!
Old 27 May 2003, 06:45 (Ref:611134)   #19
Javi
Veteran

Javi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A portable cooler for the beer (it can be too hot and I can be too thirsty..). My camera with both lens. Too many films to mention. Good sportshoes to walk all around the circuit. A map!!!!. A little entry list... a Ferrari 250 GTO to park on the entrance (well, not this time, maybe in 2053.., I´ll be happy with the motorhome for now. It´s got a kitchen!)
Old 27 May 2003, 15:32 (Ref:611547)   #20
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going on a coach means not much luggage space, so here's my list of essentials (left off things like money and passport as they go without saying):

1. Suncream and floppy hat (in case it's like 2000)
2. Waterproofs (in case it's like 2001)
3. Radio
4. Headphones and ear defenders (put one over the other so I can hear the radio!)
5. Spare pair of socks (see point 2)
6. Folding chair
7. Camera and spare batteries
8. Entry List
9. Waterproof rucksack liner
10. Sandwiches (am I the only one who thinks the on-site catering is cr@p?)
11. Small First aid kit (mainly containing blister pads)
12. Inflatable pillow

Now just have to remember to look here when I pack to make sure I don't forget anything!
Old 27 May 2003, 15:45 (Ref:611558)   #21
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: What to take to LM ?

Simon the one thing you must not forget are the wet wipes for that all important tent bath, and a bag to put the used ones in.

I would also add
1. An awning
2. good quality socks.
3. Garden roller for campsite bumps
3. Death ray for people who keep me awake.

Last edited by Nordic; 27 May 2003 at 15:45.
Old 27 May 2003, 16:50 (Ref:611609)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Cynic

10. Sandwiches (am I the only one who thinks the on-site catering is cr@p?)
!
I'm happy to live on merguez, frites and Grand Marnier crepes for the weekend......
Old 27 May 2003, 20:18 (Ref:611775)   #23
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There used to be a way to heterdyne a loud radio using only your own radio, but I can't remember how we did it.

I'm taking a cook.
Old 27 May 2003, 20:23 (Ref:611777)   #24
SL
Veteran

Quote:
3. Death ray for people who keep me awake.
I thought thats why we took Mick and Chris ??

Quote:
3. Garden roller for campsite bumps
Your car not mine....

Quote:
heterdyne
OK pass on the meaning of that word, care to clarify Liz ?
Old 27 May 2003, 22:22 (Ref:611915)   #25
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
There used to be a way to heterdyne a loud radio using only your own radio, but I can't remember how we did it.

I'm taking a cook.
I remember that from a book I read years ago- it worked too! Not sure if it works with FM radio. I think you had find the frequency to which the offending radio was tuned and tune your radio to a frequency calculated from that. The result was a howl from the offending tranny!