Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Dec 2002, 17:53 (Ref:454972)   #1
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dream on, Jaques

Jaques' dreaming...
Quote:
'I wouldn't mind having him as a team mate (Schumacher),' the 31-year-old driver admits as he ponders a future beyond a British American Racing contract.

'That would be great, as long as we have equal billing and status,' he added.
Seems to me that he rules out any possible chance of a Ferrari drive before it even exists. Equal billing and status is an interesting choice of phrase - he must know that his credibility is at an all-time low right now, so how on earth is he going to receivve the respect that he thinks he deserves? It strikes me that if this speculation were at all serious he would simply keep his mouth shut , get the drive, and do the talking on the race-track. There again, if he wants any respect under any circumstances he'd keep his mouth shut and do the talking on the race-track... which he has been totally unable to do recently.

PS. I know it sounds like I'm on an anti JV crusade at the moment - but it only sounds that way, and he has put himself in the news recently...
Old 21 Dec 2002, 18:38 (Ref:454987)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
At least five Jacques threads! Way! I suppose they all started on slightly different subjects...

I wonder where and when this interview that all ths stuff comes from was done. Is it the Autosport one in this weeks mag (I haven't read that bit yet and I don't have it to hand...)?
Old 21 Dec 2002, 21:22 (Ref:455042)   #3
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think 5 threads in one week to slag Jacques is quite enough.
Old 21 Dec 2002, 21:36 (Ref:455051)   #4
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the better a driver is the more he gets slagged....

Michael Schumacher is by far the most successful driver in F1 and considered to be the best, and he is also the most slagged driver...

2nd is Jacques....
3rd is Juan.....
4th is Ralf or David...

Funny... the list is also more or less the order most people put the drivers in terms of ability... coincidence?

Just a thought anyway...

Last edited by Jay; 21 Dec 2002 at 21:36.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 21 Dec 2002, 21:52 (Ref:455060)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Erm, Jacques says that TGF is "stupid" and trashes his entire season, his character and that of everyone behind the scenese at Ferrari -- and then he says he wants to drive for them?

Jacques, what's wrong with this picture?
Old 21 Dec 2002, 22:33 (Ref:455089)   #6
Tye
Racer

Canada
Canada
Tye has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Erm, Jacques says that TGF is "stupid" and trashes his entire season, his character and that of everyone behind the scenese at Ferrari -- and then he says he wants to drive for them?

Jacques, what's wrong with this picture?
Yeah he does,and it is all the plain and simple truth.I agree with Jacques that Schumacher is stupid.Bring it on Jacques!

Villeneuve wants to have a fair fight with Schumacher within the same team,equal chance and opportunity on and off the track.Simply put...no BS from Schumacher.

I don't think it really matters at all to Villeneuve which team it is,all that matters is that theybe team mates.

Tye

Last edited by Tye; 21 Dec 2002 at 22:35.
Old 21 Dec 2002, 23:58 (Ref:455138)   #7
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
JPM is better than JV and there's no way Ralf or DC are #3.
Old 22 Dec 2002, 06:07 (Ref:455290)   #8
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
And how convenient that would be for Jacques.

When he loses he will cry foul that he was'nt treated fairly. Ferrari would be the perfect shelter to hide his deminishing talent while cashing in on the big bucks and his fathers coattails.

Why on earth would Ferrari want him? Seriously. There are many talented young drivers for Ferrari to develope into Michaels successor that have more years left in them, less luggage and better attitudes.

Ferrari (or any top team) would be crazy to put Jacques in the other seat. The potential gain is nothing (they did finish 1-2 in this years championship) and the potential problems are massive.

This is a Pollock pipe dream.