Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Dec 2007, 19:40 (Ref:2087426)   #1
al_sami
Racer

Bahrain
London
al_sami is a back marker
Any news on Davidson?

Is it all over for him in F1? Anthoney IMO is a tallented driver, again like Button, being in the wrong place at the wrong time...I would say certainly good as any of the F1 drivers after the Kimis, and Alonsos...

Why are we not hearing any news about him? I woder who his manager is? There is an opening at Mclaren and he could fit in well there....

Is he going back to testing in 2008?
Old 12 Dec 2007, 22:04 (Ref:2087510)   #2
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I assumed he'd be remaining at Super Aguri for 2008.
Old 12 Dec 2007, 22:56 (Ref:2087554)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The team said they wanted to try and keep him, I'm sure of it.

Depends what state Aguri are in next season really, but I'm sure all will be well.
Old 12 Dec 2007, 23:13 (Ref:2087565)   #4
al_sami
Racer

Bahrain
London
al_sami is a back marker
One of the nicer and more down to earth Brits

All the hype and media antics of craneboy over shadowed AD as a British rookie...Hope he does stay at SA. But they want a GP2 racer instead so I read on another site...
Old 12 Dec 2007, 23:54 (Ref:2087582)   #5
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, F1-Live was reporting on a rumour that they might replace him with Filippi for cash reasons (not to detract from Filippi's talent, of course). It'd be a great shame if it happened, 'cos Ant comes across as a really nice chap and has had some strong races that Lady Luck (sometimes masquerading as Fisichella) has conspired to ruin.

I hope that with another season the results he deserves will start to come to him. I've often wondered what would happen if we were to see him and Button in exactly the same machinery - I believe they were quite close performance-wise in junior formulae?
Old 13 Dec 2007, 08:54 (Ref:2087738)   #6
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by al_sami
All the hype and media antics of craneboy over shadowed AD as a British rookie...
Multiple-Grand-Prix-winner-and-title-contender-in-more-coverage-than backmarker shock.

Someone call the cops.
Old 13 Dec 2007, 09:32 (Ref:2087762)   #7
MacMan
Racer

Australia
Perth
MacMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

All the hype and media antics of craneboy over shadowed AD as a British rookie...Hope he does stay at SA. But they want a GP2 racer instead so I read on another site...

who are you talking about? for me being a fan of McLaren I'd like to see LH and AD driving there next year.
Old 13 Dec 2007, 10:31 (Ref:2087810)   #8
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If I told you the latest I'd have to commit Hari-Kari! Teams need money 'Loads o Money' so when they're short of the stuff that make the wheels go round, drivers like Fillipe with pockets full of the stuff are very attractive. Every driver (except Lewis) had to scrape up a lot of cash to pay their respective junior teams (as did Ant with a massive loan!) Some drivers have backers wealthy and influencial parents or friends in high places and/or successful businesses as sponsors, that's how the real world works. If the driver is talented then that's well deservered, but at the end of the day drivers are not usually picked up just because of the ability they display (some very early on like Lewis is a unique phenomeon, although all F1 teams should had/have talent scouts watching youngsters as the Football teams do) I would be quite happy myself if Ant went back to his old job at Honda as chief test and development driver at Honda especially now under Ross Brawn. But Ant is a real racer and is still hungry to race. Watch out in the new year for a new 45 min TV Documentary about his 2007 season I'll advise the date when I know more.
Old 13 Dec 2007, 11:03 (Ref:2087834)   #9
MacMan
Racer

Australia
Perth
is it not strange that Ant leaves Honda (the mother team) and their fortunes take a downturn in 2007? To me that says a lot about the man
Old 13 Dec 2007, 11:17 (Ref:2087850)   #10
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan
is it not strange that Ant leaves Honda (the mother team) and their fortunes take a downturn in 2007? To me that says a lot about the man
Yes I think so too, but Ant's far too modest to accept that from me/us!

Last edited by Rennen; 13 Dec 2007 at 11:22.
Old 13 Dec 2007, 11:32 (Ref:2087861)   #11
MacMan
Racer

Australia
Perth
"we prepared" do I take this as a bunch of fans sent Peter Sauber a cd?

I was just expressing a feeling that I would like to see hiim drive for McLaren, I do seriously doubt though that this would happen
Old 13 Dec 2007, 11:34 (Ref:2087862)   #12
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Quote:

Yes GP2 has been a real succes as a 'promo formula', it has allowed F1 folk to see these drivers at the European races in action and meet them and their representatives in the right environment.

Ant was pleased Lewis took all the attention, so that he could just concerntrate on his job, he doesn't see himself as a Celebrity, but he liked the idea of the Documentary that's followed him around this year, but probably only to help show himself more fully to F1 folk, but the film makers weren't allowed to show him working behind the scenes with his enginneers, so it may well fail from that perspective sadly.
Old 13 Dec 2007, 12:08 (Ref:2087890)   #13
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
"we prepared" do I take this as a bunch of fans sent Peter Sauber a cd?
Rennen's relationship to AD is probably very much closer than that.
Old 13 Dec 2007, 12:14 (Ref:2087895)   #14
MacMan
Racer

Australia
Perth
I guess I'll have to take your word for that cos I really have no idea. I am not trying to be disrespectful to Rennen
Old 13 Dec 2007, 12:26 (Ref:2087905)   #15
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
I guess I'll have to take your word for that cos I really have no idea. I am not trying to be disrespectful to Rennen
Rennen is Anthony's father.
Old 13 Dec 2007, 12:42 (Ref:2087925)   #16
MacMan
Racer

Australia
Perth
thanks because knowing that now changes for me what he was saying and I understand it better. I honestly had no idea that was the case
Old 13 Dec 2007, 15:51 (Ref:2088028)   #17
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
elspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans
Rennen is Anthony's father.
Oh you spoilt it.......I was waiting for Rennen to put on his best Darth Vader voice and say "Ant - I am your father!"

He was in my head anyway
Old 13 Dec 2007, 16:12 (Ref:2088039)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen
Watch out in the new year for a new 45 min TV Documentary about his 2007 season I'll advise the date when I know more.
Day 15: Collided with Sutil.

Day 57: Collided with Sutil.

Day 78: Trouble free run to the flag after Sutil retired early on.

Day 251: invited Louise Goodman to film an ITV feature with me on canals.

Day 260: Collided with Sutil.

I take it this will be on ITV then? Should be one to look out for, although I suspect sadly that the general public will largely ignore it because Lewis is launching a new brand of Hugo Boss boxer shorts in London or something. Which is obviously far more important to casual fans!
Old 13 Dec 2007, 20:45 (Ref:2088192)   #19
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Day 15: Collided with Sutil.

Day 57: Collided with Sutil.

Day 78: Trouble free run to the flag after Sutil retired early on.

Day 251: invited Louise Goodman to film an ITV feature with me on canals.

Day 260: Collided with Sutil.

I take it this will be on ITV then? Should be one to look out for, although I suspect sadly that the general public will largely ignore it because Lewis is launching a new brand of Hugo Boss boxer shorts in London or something. Which is obviously far more important to casual fans!
You forgot Liuzzi, and Fisi, oh and don't forget that blooming Groundhog!

Yeah but you're quoting ITV stuff and it ain't an ITV production! But Lewis is in the Documentary quite a bit too so something for everyone, you'll even be able to put an ugle mug to ole Rennen!
Old 13 Dec 2007, 20:51 (Ref:2088199)   #20
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
you'll even be able to put an ugle mug to ole Rennen!
Presumably, you'll be the one chasing Adrian Sutil round the paddock!

Best wishes to Ant in getting a 2008 drive. He acquitted himself excellently this season - It'd be a shame if he didn't get to build on it.
Old 13 Dec 2007, 23:07 (Ref:2088273)   #21
al_sami
Racer

Bahrain
London
al_sami is a back marker
Quote:
Yes GP2 has been a real succes as a 'promo formula', it has allowed F1 folk to see these drivers at the European races in action and meet them and their representatives in the right environment.

Ant was pleased Lewis took all the attention, so that he could just concerntrate on his job, he doesn't see himself as a Celebrity, but he liked the idea of the Documentary that's followed him around this year, but probably only to help show himself more fully to F1 folk, but the film makers weren't allowed to show him working behind the scenes with his enginneers, so it may well fail from that perspective sadly.
Will be good to see an insight into Ants season.. better than the re runs of how Lewis approached Ron dennis at an awards
Old 13 Dec 2007, 23:42 (Ref:2088290)   #22
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
It would be nice to get some in-depth interviews with Sutil,Liuzzi,Fisichella and the bereaved Groundhog family just to put a nice balance on things.
Old 14 Dec 2007, 00:44 (Ref:2088326)   #23
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry the FIA gagged the groundhog family as they once looked at a Ferrari suspension part
Old 14 Dec 2007, 01:04 (Ref:2088336)   #24
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery
Sorry the FIA gagged the groundhog family as they once looked at a Ferrari suspension part
A 'previous' member certainly got a good look at a Super Aguri's.
Old 14 Dec 2007, 14:10 (Ref:2088784)   #25
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
A 'previous' member certainly got a good look at a Super Aguri's.
And stole the right hand Barge Board! :-/