Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Apr 2002, 16:11 (Ref:261232)   #1
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No matter how much he wins, he can't win

Top of the times all weekend. Snatches pole in the last seconds. Leads from start to finish. Puts in a stint of fastest laps like you can't believe. But no - apparently TGF somehow cheated Rubens out of the race.

As has been pointed out by others today - the TGF bashing crew will clutch at any straw when it comes to running down the champion. How will they ever derive enjoyment from F1 if they cannot appreciate a near perfect performance?

Admire this display of engineering and racing excellence - there will be more!
Old 15 Apr 2002, 16:14 (Ref:261233)   #2
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
jiggly_puff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i admire him!!!!! people have just got to accept he is the best and that hes making history!!!! DEAL WITH IT!
Old 15 Apr 2002, 16:26 (Ref:261246)   #3
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think were all just tired of seeing the same damn ass dominate race after race after race... year after year after year while nobody else gets a shot....even this I wouldn't mind if the racing was at least competitive....I know you can't blame Ferrari for doing their all but at least if your totally going to dominate F1 then let the two Ferrais battle it out for 1st!!!....simply giving MS everything and Rubens nothing is stupid and unfair...if they didn't do this then I might like Ferrari or admire Micheal...ahhh the thought does make me cringe though! As TGF fans you should want this too so Micheal can show his stuff with a challenger close behind but nooooooo Rubens can't be allowed anywhere near the F1 God TGF!!! And soooo we have to watch MS lap 30 seconds ahead of the field all by himself all afternooon....still wonder why so many people are fed up???? MS makes F1 boorrrrrrrrring!!......and on top of that he's a boring person too...I'd like to see someone with a bit more personality up on the podium for a change......ok whew...I'm done
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 15 Apr 2002, 16:28 (Ref:261248)   #4
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
jiggly_puff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im not a fan! i just admire him - coz he is the best!
Old 15 Apr 2002, 16:41 (Ref:261255)   #5
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
race after race, year after year?

williams 96-97
mclaren 98-99
ferrari 99-00

it moves in cycles and bmw.williams and renault are at least stepping up to the plate.

at least schuey made life interesting from 96-99 by taking the fight to the dominate team in an inferior car...its really up to ralf, jpm, dc, etc etc...to do the same for the moment.

or am i wrong?
Old 15 Apr 2002, 16:48 (Ref:261260)   #6
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
It was never this boring before...and you know it...none of those teams dominated like Ferrari dominate today
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 15 Apr 2002, 16:53 (Ref:261263)   #7
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr

or am i wrong?
no, you are right, and to be perfectly honest, this is the first race of the year that tgf romped home with it without a fight from williams! the williams team had a bad race for one reason or another, i hope i'm right when i say this, but i don't see tgf winning every race thats remaining by 30 seconds or whatever!

rafe and jpm are tgf's only challengers this year, without a doubt, what they've got to do is a, try not to allow what happen this weekend happen again to often b, when it does, make sure they still finish either 2nd, 3rd or 4th (depending on rubens) and 3, when they get to the (hopefully) "williams" circuits of silverstone? (depending on the mclarens) hockenheim (depending on the new layout of course) monza, spa, indy and possibly japan, make sure they don't drop the ball and let tgf in!

i'll admit that tgf and the f2002 look ominous but the season isn't over yet!
Old 15 Apr 2002, 16:56 (Ref:261267)   #8
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
No I certainly hope that Ferrari don't continue to dominate like this....and this is why everyone is crying out nooooooooooo!!!!!..nobody exept TGF fans thought that race on Sunday was the least bit entertaining
Old 15 Apr 2002, 18:50 (Ref:261361)   #9
n2fires
Rookie

n2fires should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schumacher fan here, no apologies.

I enjoyed the race at Imola, not because M.S. won (although that didn't hurt) but because I got to see a great driver get it right.
As much as I like Schumi, I hated it last year when Mika, in the midst of a dismal season, got it right only to suffer a mechanical failure within sight of the finish line.
Victories should be just that, a victory. Late mechanical failures that allow the slower car to win seem rather hollow. I prefer to see it when someone gets it all together for the win. Mistake free drives, overcoming the elements, that does it for me.
I realize that it gets tiresome when "your" driver or team is not winning, but to spend every waking moment trying to find fault with a stellar performance seems pretty sad.
Complaining about how dominant any car is, seems pretty weak to me also. If not for a certain German fellow, we would have seen run aways by Williams and then Mclaren in the late 90's. Does not anyone remember M.S. dragging that piece of **** Ferrari around the track for some victories in 96 and 97. Half shafts flying off on the pit strait after a pitstop. HE made it interesting. Anyone remember what it was like if Senna or Prost finished 2nd or 3rd? Stood on the podium and looked as if someone had just killed their pet dog. Hell, they sometimes looked like that when they won.
I think we should consider ourselves lucky to have been able to witness what M.S. has done and can still do. Like him or not, he is the greatest driver of his generation. He has many flaws, but they stopped making perfect humans a while back.

Last edited by n2fires; 15 Apr 2002 at 18:53.
Old 15 Apr 2002, 19:32 (Ref:261387)   #10
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
he may be the best and he may have the best car but it doesnt mean i have to like him. the things he's done in the past have been beyond forgiveness and he's now got the FIA wrapped around his little finger.
Old 15 Apr 2002, 19:44 (Ref:261396)   #11
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nobody cries, when Ralf, JPM, Coulthard, or any other driver, for that matter get's bashed on this forum. It seems that TGF fans are the only one who get so touchy whenever someone presents on apposing view on the driver they support.

If it is stupid to call MS a cheat, or unsportmen, then surely it must be JUST as stupid to call Ralf or Montoya slow, or untalented.

TGF is, supposedly, a derogatry nickname, according to somep people. Yet nobody cares that Ralf Schumacher get's called Halfie by certain members. If you ask me, calling someone Halfie is a LOT more insulting then TGF, I mean give me a break
Old 15 Apr 2002, 20:41 (Ref:261495)   #12
nameless
Racer

nameless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i admire him because he is the best driver, but couldnt he just have been someone else......!
Old 15 Apr 2002, 20:44 (Ref:261502)   #13
mariov
Racer

mariov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulation TGF....and yes it does stand for that german fella...and no it is not a derogatory comment...not many remember that the tgf was started by no other then Murray Walker...and if you know Murray you know it is not derogatory in the least....

Yes im a racing fan, a pure racing fan, and his victory was picture perfect...he deserved that win....

I admire his talent, his race craft.....and he should remember that he can win cleanly...he does not need to reverts to cutting moves or underhanded tricks....Now if he can keep racing like he did this weekend for the remainder of the seasin, he will win the championship and he will winn it cleanly......time for him to show us what he can really do.....prove to all of us racing fans that he is part of the best's.
Old 15 Apr 2002, 20:48 (Ref:261509)   #14
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glen. Why do you care if "people" don't get down on their knees in front your God? Is your God not anybody else's....LOL

Last edited by BBKing; 15 Apr 2002 at 20:49.
Old 16 Apr 2002, 00:30 (Ref:261613)   #15
rollhoop
Rookie

rollhoop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to sit here and wonder how many of you TGF fans would be here if he was still struggling to get his first win. I loathe him, but, he is the best in the world. It's a tragedy that he has had to cheat, punt and buy his way to his status. I think a NASCAR career awaits TGF when he is done smashing and bashing the rest of the F1 world!! If you want to keep smashing into people might as well do it in fenders down south....ye haaaa!!!!

cue - Dueling Banjos

Last edited by rollhoop; 16 Apr 2002 at 00:31.
Old 16 Apr 2002, 09:51 (Ref:261864)   #16
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BBK

I know you are only trying to wind me up - but leave it out 'cos I am likely to get ****ed off very quickly with comments like "your God". I have repeatedly stressed that I am not the fanatic fan that people like you claim - you think my appreciation of clearly the best driver can only be explained because I somehow idolise him! I comment on things, give reasons - and then you igore totally the reasons and simply bleat "ohh - he's your God". Well **** off. If you do that to me one more time I will really lose it with you. You are trying to create a scene where no constructive comments whatsoever can be made - and that's not what I come here for.

I was simply pointing out that even a race with no incidents whatsoever brings out the absurd conspiracies - the simplest explanation is that Ferrari have the best car, the best driver and the best team - and they proved it emphatically. I'm not saying that is a good thing - I AM saying that it's patently true, despite the nonsense that will always be wheeled out by certain people.
Old 16 Apr 2002, 10:00 (Ref:261872)   #17
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I pretty much agree with rollhoop.

I can not stand the guy, but I admire his skill, both on and off the track. He is above all else the consumate politician in that he maximises the entire package to his benefit even before a wheel is turned in the race proper.
Old 16 Apr 2002, 10:05 (Ref:261876)   #18
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is a fact that at the end of every race, there will be those TGF/Ferrari haters that opens non-constructive or teasing threads towards him although there's nothing to start with in the beginning.

Also face the fact that TGF is the dominant champion in this era
Old 16 Apr 2002, 10:37 (Ref:261900)   #19
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Raoul Duke
Nobody cries, when Ralf, JPM, Coulthard, or any other driver, for that matter get's bashed on this forum. It seems that TGF fans are the only one who get so touchy whenever someone presents on apposing view on the driver they support.

If it is stupid to call MS a cheat, or unsportmen, then surely it must be JUST as stupid to call Ralf or Montoya slow, or untalented.

TGF is, supposedly, a derogatry nickname, according to somep people. Yet nobody cares that Ralf Schumacher get's called Halfie by certain members. If you ask me, calling someone Halfie is a LOT more insulting then TGF, I mean give me a break
how is halfie derogatory?????:confused:
anyway, going back to the original topic,i dont know how the MS brigade can be bewildered as to why a lit of fans will not forgive him for his past and present indiscretions.
he can seek papal forgiveness for all i care, but in a lot of fans eyes he will always be of unsatisfactory character.
glen, you need to lighten up a bit. if you view your posts from the opposite side of the fence, they are as biased and unreasonable as some that you scorn
Old 16 Apr 2002, 10:51 (Ref:261911)   #20
Glen
Veteran

Calais

What I object to is being told that I am a biased Schumi fan - which I'm not. I actually would like Williams to win, and hope that Montoya is "the one". What annoys me is that some people can only imagine that holding the view that Ferrari and Schumi are doing a stellar job means that I am "worshipper". The very idea of worshipping anything, let alone someone who I will never meet, is anathema to me.

The point of the thread is the way in which those that hate will never even look, let alone see. So to be accused of blindness is hard to swallow. I didn't say Schumacher was nice, or right all the time, or anything - I just said that he completely won that race and many were so keen to hate him that they couldn't see it.

"Look at some of your posts from the other side of the fence"! What other way is there of looking at that race? There is no other side of the fence to pole position. No alternative view of a succession of fastest laps. No other way of looking at standing on the top step of the podium.

Perhaps you could point out which remarks I have made that are in the least bit partisan. I bet you can't.
Old 16 Apr 2002, 10:59 (Ref:261920)   #21
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, I'm as anti-TGF as they come, but I don't buy the story about TGF 'stealing' Rubens race car. If it is true, then so what anyway?

Hasn't it been plainly obvious for the past 6 years that Ferrari is his team and he gets what he wants.....

Frankly, doesn't concern me anymore...... GO NICK!
Old 16 Apr 2002, 11:45 (Ref:261989)   #22
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
glen, i admit that your posts are more, lets say, articulate than some of the schumacher supporters out there, but with all due respect they are not unbiased {they may seem,rightfully, in your view to be, just as i may see mine to be unbiased}.
when you support a certain team or driver, whoever they may be, partisanship {?} gets thrown out the window
Old 16 Apr 2002, 12:11 (Ref:262016)   #23
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Relax Glen. I was trying to tell you why would it be important for you that everybody here started singing the "Schumacher is the Lord" song? You have to accept that there is more than one way to see things.

From your point of view it was a perfect race. Fair enough. Is your view of it. Ferrari team failed to Barrichello so you cannot say it was a perfect race for the team. They made a mistake. Good thing they have a car that can minimze those kind of mistakes but a mistake nonetheles.

Looking at what Schumacher did in the track. Nothing more than holding his hands to the best car in the grid. There was no challenge whatsoever. They got the win so be it. But I cannot get excited about it because I want to watch races not 2 hours parades.....LOL
Old 16 Apr 2002, 12:27 (Ref:262026)   #24
Glen
Veteran

BBK

As long as we all understand each other - everything is cool!

Whilst I do believe the Williams set-up error flattered the Ferraris, it was at a circuit at which Ferrari were not natural favourites - which lead to my assertion that this 1-2 win has implications for the rest of the season. To redress the balance Williams need to get everything spot-on right from now on, and they need to force errors from Ferrari. As you point out, Ferrari are capable of errors - just not big ones, and usually not with Michael. This is not only because Michael is number one at the team, but also to do with the reason he is number one - ie he is technically as good a driver as ever there was and he has the authority and experience to assert his will on his team.

To resolve this back to the original point, and to reference your last post, I do not at all feel that everyone must praise him - it's more that I cannot believe how much of a discussion can be had from a situation that offers so little to discuss. I hope that we won't be saying the same stuff in a fortnight - but I am realistic!
Old 16 Apr 2002, 12:32 (Ref:262036)   #25
strad
Veteran

strad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe he did it with skill, maybe he did it with an illegal car.