Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 Jun 2011, 17:32 (Ref:2890072)   #1
ujoint
Racer

United States
usa, virginia
ujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drink The Ultimate Drive-In Channel or Something to do While Your Waitnig for the Start.

Celebrate the 40th anniversary of Le Mans. a special film starring "Steve McQueen". See it live at 10pm on Tuesday, June 7 at the track "Circuit de la Sarthe" aka 24 Heures du Le Mans race course.

From Michelin website: http://www.lemanslive.com/en/24h-man...ive-in-cinema/

"Although much of the unforgettable classic was shot during the 1970 Le Mans 24 Hours, it was only shown for the first time on June 23, 1971. To celebrate the 40th anniversary of its release, the ACO has teamed up with CBS and Paramount to show a restored version (BluRay, DVD) on a giant screen on the circuit’s start/finish straight.

The film will start at 10pm on Tuesday, June 7. Viewing will be free for all holders of a valid ticket for the practice sessions or a general admission ticket for the race. It will be possible to obtain vouchers from the Le Mans 24 Hours Museum from May 30".
Old 2 Jun 2011, 21:08 (Ref:2890203)   #2
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
unfortunately we do not get ther until wednesday, oh well will have to watch my copy this weekend
Old 2 Jun 2011, 21:58 (Ref:2890238)   #3
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Like others, will arrive far too late for this - which is a huge disappointment - outdoor cinema is almost always fun, and I can't think of a more atmospheric location/content combination.

I've often toyed with the idea of bringing a projector and of an evening putting on a series of great Le Mans related films, with the McQueen one obviously being right up there.

Never panned out, and in retrospect don't see it happening - so - suspect as per usual falling back on having surfeit of LM related video this weekend (having not done previous years trick of rationing out highlights from several weeks out) and judicious use of film on Wednesday evening will have to suffice.
Old 2 Jun 2011, 22:02 (Ref:2890240)   #4
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm thinking this could be spectacular if done right. Barring disaster I will be on site so will check it out. There is just a four-letter word that could have the final say on whether it is a success.
Old 2 Jun 2011, 22:51 (Ref:2890262)   #5
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FYI: It won't be as spectacular for sure, but those of us in North America can watch Le Mans on Turner Classic Movies and TCMHD on Jun. 5th at 10PM Eastern.
Old 3 Jun 2011, 08:20 (Ref:2890391)   #6
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anyone know the museum's opening hours? We're arriving late afternoon/early evening on Tuesday so might be cutting it fine to collect the film entry token.
Old 3 Jun 2011, 09:27 (Ref:2890418)   #7
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Anyone know the museum's opening hours? We're arriving late afternoon/early evening on Tuesday so might be cutting it fine to collect the film entry token.
Don't quote me on this but I think the hours are extended around the race. Why do people need an entry token if they have their weekend pass? Slightly pointless.
Old 3 Jun 2011, 12:17 (Ref:2890483)   #8
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Don't quote me on this but I think the hours are extended around the race. Why do people need an entry token if they have their weekend pass? Slightly pointless.
Indeed. I can only think it is to gauge the event's popularity.
Old 6 Jun 2011, 01:18 (Ref:2891849)   #9
ujoint
Racer

United States
usa, virginia
ujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I might have seen this on the 10ths somewhere but, can't find it right now. The movie "Le Mans", starring Steve McQueen is being shown on U.S. television tonight at 10pm EDT. USA. on Turner Classic Movie channel. This channel is sometimes available on the web thru the usual means. About 41 minutes from now.
Old 6 Jun 2011, 07:10 (Ref:2891909)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ujoint View Post
I might have seen this on the 10ths somewhere but, can't find it right now. The movie "Le Mans", starring Steve McQueen is being shown on U.S. television tonight at 10pm EDT. USA. on Turner Classic Movie channel. This channel is sometimes available on the web thru the usual means. About 41 minutes from now.

Post #5 above........
Old 6 Jun 2011, 20:22 (Ref:2892422)   #11
ujoint
Racer

United States
usa, virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Post #5 above........
Me. Dyslexia or excitement. Which is it? Damn, it's only a race. Course it's only the biggest race of year on the continent. I'm ready.