Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 16 Sep 2008, 07:02 (Ref:2291510)   #151
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Theys-Lammers are supposed to be the drivers , along with a pay driver .

Hope they get a decent one .
Will this pay driver only pay for the drive, or are they looking for a more comprehensive deal?. I am keeping my fingers crossed, knowing how many Lammers has been looking for that elusive pot of money.
Old 16 Sep 2008, 08:16 (Ref:2291555)   #152
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert RS
I think henk4 is a fan of Spyker
nothing farther from the truth!!!!
Old 16 Sep 2008, 09:54 (Ref:2291622)   #153
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4
Will this pay driver only pay for the drive, or are they looking for a more comprehensive deal?. I am keeping my fingers crossed, knowing how many Lammers has been looking for that elusive pot of money.
All I heard was a pay driver , I presume they will try to choose a quick one ..... but I guess that depends on who has the wedge .

One Swiss connection that always seems to pop into protos every now and then is Delatraz . Just my idea is all .
Old 16 Sep 2008, 12:41 (Ref:2291765)   #154
Dave1Zippy
Rookie

Dave1Zippy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[quote=Bentley03]My thoughts..........

Great crowd due to the considerable wedge ploughed into the event by Peugeot, Audi and many of the better funded teams. It's been a long time since an event involving top level sports prototypes has attracted an audience of this size in the UK. Very encouraging for the future of the sport provided the manufacturers continue this kind of support in difficult economic times. It was also very encouraging to see that almost all of the crowd stayed until the very end of the race, a good indicator that they had enjoyed themselves.] end quote

Judging by the queue to get in most present had complimentary tickets from Peugeot!! Lets hope some of those will have enjoyed the experience and a taste for sports car racing. Last time I queued to get in for a sportscar event in England was when Jaguar raced in the late 80s. Just goes to show what major manufacturer involvement can do for publicity - long may it continue. A stark contrast to three people in the murky drizzle at Stowe for the Fia GT's in May!
Old 16 Sep 2008, 13:41 (Ref:2291815)   #155
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy
From what I read, Horag will run the car in 09 (pending sponsorship) and will retire the car to swiss museum at the end of 2009.
I should have rephrased that - Fredy continues to own the car, but someone else will foot the running expenses for Horag in 09.

I gather there is some confusion over the sale of the VM Spyder after the DSC piece which quoted Peter saying it had been sold. Ah well. We can but hope.
Old 16 Sep 2008, 14:18 (Ref:2291840)   #156
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Henk? I hope youlike the pictures of the R10 crossing the line, and McNish trying to fall off the pit wall while celebrating! They're mine...
*GRINS!*

I was taken by surprise by the queues, and I upset a few folk while trying to get to work! Hopefully, sportscars will have earned some fans this weekend. Big screens are ESSENTIAL, as you can pump not just pictures, but information, up there?

Roll on 2009, is all I can say.

And thanks to Pieter and Wouter for the Media Pass.
Old 16 Sep 2008, 15:26 (Ref:2291889)   #157
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Ah... Sound of loose change falling!

It's you, isn't it, Pieter!?!

Please excuse my being stupid!

However, I am just so pleased to have my first images 'officially' out there... That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it.
Old 16 Sep 2008, 15:52 (Ref:2291906)   #158
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can I just take this moment to announce that I have decided to sell up Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch/Aysedasi Racing following the end of the season. As one of the 4 people (apparently) who actually paid to get into Silverstone last weekend, any reasonable offers will be considered to enable me to recoup my costs.......

Old 16 Sep 2008, 15:55 (Ref:2291912)   #159
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
I have 10p and a dead slug?
Old 16 Sep 2008, 17:31 (Ref:2291976)   #160
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe you can swap it for a Peugeot hat?
Old 16 Sep 2008, 17:42 (Ref:2291989)   #161
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert RS
I think henk4 is a fan of Spyker and I think there are more drivers in fast cars who would like to see the Spykers gone than drivers in slow cars who want to see Jos leave. But that's a pointless discussion which will lead us nowhere.
I've seen more quotes from GT drivers blaming LMP drivers for ruining their race than the other way around.

I've also seen the Spykers being hit several times this year...and all of the times I saw it being trackside it was by a Porsche RS Spyder (not a white/purple one on all occasions though)...

Speaking to drivers and team managers all I heard is that during EVERY driver briefing the drivers were told that "GT cars must maintain their line" and it is up to the LMP cars to pass. Unfortunately some LMP drivers seem to think that GT drivers will brake hard when they see a LMP car next to them.

At Silverstone people were saying GT drivers should watch their mirrors more often. As far as I know those guys are also racing for position in their class and can not watch their mirror all the time, especially with the speed difference between LMP and GT those cars show up every now and then.

And isn't it so that when you hit the car in front of you, you are always to blame unless the car in front of you is slowing down suddenly for no good reason or is just cruising (which you don't see in racing).
Old 16 Sep 2008, 17:46 (Ref:2291992)   #162
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh...and why would anyone like to see the Spykers go.

They are certainly not the slowest cars in the field, otherwise they would not finish inside the top 8 and sometimes fight for podium places. They bring more variety to the field which would otherwise be Porsche vs Ferrari.
Old 16 Sep 2008, 18:46 (Ref:2292014)   #163
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To be fair the only incident I had to deal with was when the Barazi car took a stupid risk and took the Farnbacher 997 with it. That is part of the reason why the left rear failed later during the race.
Old 16 Sep 2008, 19:49 (Ref:2292045)   #164
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey
Henk? I hope youlike the pictures of the R10 crossing the line, and McNish trying to fall off the pit wall while celebrating! They're mine...
*GRINS!*
Your name (as well as mine) appears in the list of contributing photographers
Old 16 Sep 2008, 19:52 (Ref:2292049)   #165
Robert RS
Rookie

Netherlands
Veenendaal
Robert RS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marcel, you know I meant that more tongue in cheek then anything else, hence the winkey smiley. I am for instance the first to agree that the collision at Monza was Jos' fault and not Dumbrecks. Although one of the Spyker drivers did tell me the rear view mirrors on the current car are far from sufficient and make it quite difficult for them to see faster cars.

However Henks opinion was such a strong, and in my opinion false one, that I didn't want to leave that without a reaction.
Old 16 Sep 2008, 20:05 (Ref:2292057)   #166
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
I agree his comments are somewhat exaggerated...but there is some truth in it
Old 16 Sep 2008, 20:14 (Ref:2292062)   #167
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
I agree his comments are somewhat exaggerated...but there is some truth in it
a balanced comment hardly provokes discussion.....
Old 16 Sep 2008, 20:27 (Ref:2292072)   #168
Robert RS
Rookie

Netherlands
Veenendaal
Robert RS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4
a balanced comment hardly provokes discussion.....
Couldn't agree more!
Old 16 Sep 2008, 20:57 (Ref:2292087)   #169
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have finally got my photos from the weekend sorted out and they are now online:-

Friday - http://www.rdj-pics.co.uk/Photos/200...Fri/index.html
Saturday - http://www.rdj-pics.co.uk/Photos/200...Sat/index.html
Sunday - http://www.rdj-pics.co.uk/Photos/200...Sun/index.html
Old 16 Sep 2008, 22:39 (Ref:2292142)   #170
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you rdjones!
Old 17 Sep 2008, 11:57 (Ref:2292473)   #171
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
mattcat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
I have finally got my photos from the weekend sorted out and they are now online:-

Friday - http://www.rdj-pics.co.uk/Photos/200...Fri/index.html
Saturday - http://www.rdj-pics.co.uk/Photos/200...Sat/index.html
Sunday - http://www.rdj-pics.co.uk/Photos/200...Sun/index.html
Very nice photos, thanks for sharing!
Old 17 Sep 2008, 13:39 (Ref:2292536)   #172
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Well, if we're doing self promotion?
The link's in my profile...

LOTS of stuff in there.
Old 17 Sep 2008, 21:47 (Ref:2292847)   #173
Tim Dunlop
Racer

England
Derby, United Kingdom
Tim Dunlop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi there,

Self promotion seems to be the order of the day so here we go: -

http://www.dunlopix.com/LMS%20Silverstone%202008.html

Page 2 will follow in the next 24/48 hrs.

Regards

Tim
Old 17 Sep 2008, 23:27 (Ref:2292915)   #174
Simtis
Rookie

Simtis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tim, you doing Britcar24?
Old 18 Sep 2008, 00:26 (Ref:2292941)   #175
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Which one? Mr Grey or Mr Dunlop?

Minimangler is going, AFAIK, but I shall be around long enough to watch the Tin Triangle strut her stuff Saturday lunchtime, then I'm off elsewhere.