Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 2 Jan 2021, 23:11 (Ref:4026504)   #401
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
An extra digit for marshals and spotters to have to see and remember, I guess, although it wasn't a problem in the Group C days.....
Old 3 Jan 2021, 06:36 (Ref:4026531)   #402
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
I hope you get it. I don't recall the WEC allowing car numbers outside of 1-99. Not even Aston Martin can use "007" on their cars. It was 97. Same for Porsche with "911", they had to go with 91.
I've heard somewhere WEC is having a whole new numbers system in 2021. Apparently it's specifically to allow manufacturers get their favourite numbers unconstrained by the old class-based numbering system.
Old 3 Jan 2021, 11:38 (Ref:4026557)   #403
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
I've heard somewhere WEC is having a whole new numbers system in 2021. Apparently it's specifically to allow manufacturers get their favourite numbers unconstrained by the old class-based numbering system.

'Race numbers and design
Race numbers can be chosen by the competitors (from 1 to 999) before the end of registration on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. The only exception to this allocation process will be for the reigning LMP Team World Champion, who will have the option to use number 1 if they wish. Adhering to certain guidelines, competitors can also choose the race number design. However, for teams entering more than one car in the same category, design and colours must be the same.'

https://www.fiawec.com/en/news/entri...-now-open/6934
Old 3 Jan 2021, 14:29 (Ref:4026576)   #404
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interesting, thanks for that Mike.
Old 3 Jan 2021, 20:52 (Ref:4026606)   #405
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
'Race numbers and design
Race numbers can be chosen by the competitors (from 1 to 999) before the end of registration on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. The only exception to this allocation process will be for the reigning LMP Team World Champion, who will have the option to use number 1 if they wish. Adhering to certain guidelines, competitors can also choose the race number design. However, for teams entering more than one car in the same category, design and colours must be the same.'

https://www.fiawec.com/en/news/entri...-now-open/6934
Wow. I didn't know about the different number designs. How long since that was a possibility?
Old 4 Jan 2021, 12:46 (Ref:4026692)   #406
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Since 2021
Old 4 Jan 2021, 15:48 (Ref:4026734)   #407
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Wow. I didn't know about the different number designs. How long since that was a possibility?
How long since that was a possibility the LAST TIME?
Old 5 Jan 2021, 03:20 (Ref:4026875)   #408
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...t-lmh-program/
Old 5 Jan 2021, 03:39 (Ref:4026876)   #409
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice
Old 5 Jan 2021, 03:59 (Ref:4026878)   #410
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolis View Post
Well, that should shut up at least some of the naysayers
Old 5 Jan 2021, 06:34 (Ref:4026890)   #411
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That is some serious suppliers being contracted.
The signing of Joest only supports my theory that Tom K will be found in a Glickenhaus! (only kidding)
Old 5 Jan 2021, 08:32 (Ref:4026901)   #412
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
thats seriously impressive. Well done to all involved getting Joest onboard, it puts some serious experience behind the team now. this project is fast becoming the 2020s Panoz......and i mean that in a good way!
Old 5 Jan 2021, 12:10 (Ref:4026933)   #413
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
All very impressive indeed - and exciting. For me, on a personal level, with the Rebs gone, I need something to cheer on, whether in person or, as I fear, virtually again.
Old 5 Jan 2021, 13:48 (Ref:4026966)   #414
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
you see the only advantage for hybrid in tyre wear.....
Rebellion was almost on the same level of laptimes with TGR on an EMPTY circuit...however in the traffic....it was a different story....
how do you see this?
Old 5 Jan 2021, 17:00 (Ref:4027021)   #415
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutzvic View Post
you see the only advantage for hybrid in tyre wear.....
Rebellion was almost on the same level of laptimes with TGR on an EMPTY circuit...however in the traffic....it was a different story....
how do you see this?
LMH Hybrid has several advantages.
AWD and much easier on tires.
ICE is less complex and lighter which has it's advantages.
I think the ACO can and will come up with a fair BOP and racing will be close.
The LMDh solution of 40 RWD HP Hybrid for a $350,000 rental fee makes no sense to us.
Old 5 Jan 2021, 18:23 (Ref:4027035)   #416
Lutzvic
Racer

Quote:
LMH Hybrid has several advantages.
AWD and much easier on tires.
ICE is less complex and lighter which has it's advantages.
I think the ACO can and will come up with a fair BOP and racing will be close.
The LMDh solution of 40 RWD HP Hybrid for a $350,000 rental fee makes no sense to us.
I really do hope you are right and your team will get the a fair and competitive BOP. I will cheer for you in LM if Covid allows.
I see LMDh somewhat critical too, however more from gentleman drivers view: I cannot call a car Porsche or Audi if only 20% of it is created in the factory, rest is a generic product for all LMDh. Funny how it can attract a carmaker with such a history like Porsche.
I did read your prognosis on GT racing as well....it made me sad....but I guess with the current 'crisis' in ICE automobile industry...it is the only feasible way..
In general: Thanks for your kind and surprisingly open way of communication toward us lot appreciated
cheers from Hungary
Old 5 Jan 2021, 20:16 (Ref:4027051)   #417
Napolis
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutzvic View Post
I really do hope you are right and your team will get the a fair and competitive BOP. I will cheer for you in LM if Covid allows.
I see LMDh somewhat critical too, however more from gentleman drivers view: I cannot call a car Porsche or Audi if only 20% of it is created in the factory, rest is a generic product for all LMDh. Funny how it can attract a carmaker with such a history like Porsche.
I did read your prognosis on GT racing as well....it made me sad....but I guess with the current 'crisis' in ICE automobile industry...it is the only feasible way..
In general: Thanks for your kind and surprisingly open way of communication toward us lot appreciated
cheers from Hungary
Thank you. I had a very nice positive call today with The ACO and IMSA today.

Last edited by Napolis; 5 Jan 2021 at 20:35.
Old 6 Jan 2021, 14:57 (Ref:4027183)   #418
Number7
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Number7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Joest and four rings on the back of the car
Attached Images

Old 7 Jan 2021, 09:43 (Ref:4027370)   #419
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I had a very nice positive call today with The ACO and IMSA today.
Excellent News, will be pulling for you, a breath of fresh air for WEC. Good Job with the Joest tie-in.
Old 9 Jan 2021, 14:44 (Ref:4027849)   #420
Napolis
Veteran

We had a nice call with IMSA and The ACO. We look forward to working together and racing our 004 GT3 and 007 LMH racing in IMSA events as well.
Old 9 Jan 2021, 15:03 (Ref:4027851)   #421
Lutzvic
Racer

Quote:
We had a nice call with IMSA and The ACO. We look forward to working together and racing our 004 GT3 and 007 LMH racing in IMSA events as well.
Excellent news for overseas racing!
Old 13 Jan 2021, 16:46 (Ref:4028762)   #422
Napolis
Veteran

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ_eo_XL...d=ajobs0yylswn
Old 14 Jan 2021, 01:39 (Ref:4028865)   #423
Napolis
Veteran

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKAdglwr...d=ni312d22bfpa
Old 14 Jan 2021, 07:44 (Ref:4028892)   #424
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Do you still plan to make road going versions of the 007?
Old 14 Jan 2021, 11:34 (Ref:4028948)   #425
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Really looking forward to see this on track