Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 Jul 2020, 08:43 (Ref:3989900)   #3301
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I thought car 75 was an ADA so are you looking at Group C?
No Max, they were looking for group G…

What about a Horch now or a Humber?
A Renault 4CV made by Hino will be accepted together with a Hommell. Any Hommell RBS?
Old 21 Jul 2020, 08:48 (Ref:3989901)   #3302
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Nice Georges Irat I could spot without cheating! Didn't get the Mog tho…

Gerard, the Mog could have been a Darmont......

RuE
Old 21 Jul 2020, 08:50 (Ref:3989903)   #3303
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I thought car 75 was an ADA so are you looking at Group C?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I tag all of my pictures from programmes and time sheets, so it should be a Gebhardt, ADA did run one though.
Old 21 Jul 2020, 08:51 (Ref:3989904)   #3304
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Merci beaucoup Rudolf, I was really wondering but having few knowledge of this era, too, not sure… Did you notice how many pictures from Montlhéry RBS took? Impressive!
Old 21 Jul 2020, 09:32 (Ref:3989916)   #3305
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Beat me to the G's RB, but a few more.
Attached Thumbnails
G1 Ginetta.jpg   G2 Gaz Volga.jpg   G4 GN.jpg  

Old 21 Jul 2020, 09:34 (Ref:3989918)   #3306
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And H is for;
Attached Thumbnails
H1 HWM.jpg   H2 Holden.JPG   H3 Hillman Minx.jpg  

H4 Hipano Suiza.jpg   H5 Hupmobile.JPG   H6 HRG.JPG  

Old 21 Jul 2020, 09:51 (Ref:3989929)   #3307
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was looking for a Horch for Gerard but came up with these!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Harrier GT1 Ian Stinton.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	733.5 KB
ID:	63094Click image for larger version

Name:	E Hawke DL11 Michael Saunders.JPG
Size:	701.0 KB
ID:	63095Click image for larger version

Name:	Hamill SR3 Darren Turner  .jpg
Size:	602.8 KB
ID:	63096

Name:	Hesketh 308E Michael Lyons.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	724.3 KB
ID:	63097Click image for larger version

Name:	Huffaker Genie Mk10 Adam Simmonds.jpg
Size:	645.6 KB
ID:	63098Click image for larger version

Name:	FJ Mike Waller  Hillwood Fiat.JPG
Size:	775.4 KB
ID:	63099
Old 21 Jul 2020, 10:12 (Ref:3989938)   #3308
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
No worry, RB, any Auto Union will do the trick… We already had a DKW.
Old 21 Jul 2020, 10:32 (Ref:3989941)   #3309
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
No worry, RB, any Auto Union will do the trick… We already had a DKW.
With Audi & DKW already done and no Horch in my collection you will have to wait for a Wanderer!
Old 21 Jul 2020, 10:49 (Ref:3989942)   #3310
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
What about Harris Léon Laisne for "H"? Very interesting car and story.
Old 21 Jul 2020, 10:50 (Ref:3989944)   #3311
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good to see Bob posted a 'Double' H from down under, the Holden 'Humpy'

But no Huron in sight.
We are such a difficult mob to please!
Old 21 Jul 2020, 10:57 (Ref:3989945)   #3312
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
C'est ce qui arrive lorsque l'on tutoie l'excellence au quotidien, le public devient exigeant. Ta!
Old 21 Jul 2020, 11:05 (Ref:3989946)   #3313
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
C'est ce qui arrive lorsque l'on tutoie l'excellence au quotidien, le public devient exigeant. Ta!
Demanding? Us? Surely not. But as you say with such excellence on the photo purveyors side 'ça ne fait rien'
Old 21 Jul 2020, 13:43 (Ref:3989974)   #3314
bauble
Veteran

England
Struggling with I's; No IOTA. Iso Grifo, in my collection;
Attached Thumbnails
I1 Invicta.jpg   I2 Izuzu.jpg  
Old 21 Jul 2020, 13:45 (Ref:3989975)   #3315
bauble
Veteran

England
Ok With J though;
Attached Thumbnails
J2 Jenson.jpg   J3 Jowett.JPG   J4 Jaguar.JPG  

J5 JBS.JPG   J6 JP Mk 1.jpg  
Old 21 Jul 2020, 14:40 (Ref:3989994)   #3316
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
I's

Name:	C Isotta Frashini Fiat Mike Vardy.jpg
Size:	776.5 KB
ID:	63107Click image for larger version

Name:	F Alan Collett Iso Rivolta (4).JPG
Size:	907.1 KB
ID:	63108Click image for larger version

Name:	Invicta S type Alan Brown.JPG
Size:	929.1 KB
ID:	63109

Name:	Iota Wasp JAP Edwin Jowsey   (2).jpg
Size:	672.6 KB
ID:	63110Click image for larger version

Name:	Intrepid RM1 Chevrolet.JPG
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	63111Click image for larger version

Name:	David Ayre Itala 40 .jpg
Views:	3
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	63112
Old 21 Jul 2020, 14:43 (Ref:3989995)   #3317
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
6 J's

Name:	FF  Benn Simms      Jomo.JPG
Size:	710.3 KB
ID:	63113Click image for larger version

Name:	Jamun T25  James Gowens  .JPG
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	63114Click image for larger version

Name:	Javelin JL5 Simon Jackson (2).jpg
Size:	595.9 KB
ID:	63115

Name:	Jordan EJ12 Barry Walker.jpg
Size:	504.1 KB
ID:	63116Click image for larger version

Name:	Jowett Javelin  Julian Crossley  .jpg
Size:	508.6 KB
ID:	63117Click image for larger version

Name:	Jawa 750  .jpg
Views:	7
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	63118
Old 21 Jul 2020, 15:32 (Ref:3990001)   #3318
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
The 1935 Jawa 750 (Czech 1000 mile?) is an interesting looking car from a maker I normally associate with 2 wheeled machines.
Old 21 Jul 2020, 17:35 (Ref:3990028)   #3319
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It certainly seemed to fit in with the motor vehicles of the time. Very 30s look to it
Old 21 Jul 2020, 18:32 (Ref:3990041)   #3320
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Best looking of this era remains the Cisitalia Aero. Only my opinion.

EB if you tell me Jawa I think Bill Ivy one of the greatest rider ever.
Old 21 Jul 2020, 19:02 (Ref:3990049)   #3321
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Im wondering if anyone has a picture of a Kaditcha for "K"....
Old 21 Jul 2020, 19:36 (Ref:3990055)   #3322
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
We missed Hampe. I introduced an ex Hampe driver to John Elwin during last Rétromobile show, François Voisin. Hampe made a lot of conversions for the Panhard engines ending up with Formule France monoposto.
Old 21 Jul 2020, 20:39 (Ref:3990064)   #3323
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Im wondering if anyone has a picture of a Kaditcha for "K"....
I'm sure there are more but my collection has only yielded;
Attached Thumbnails
K1 Kellison.jpg   K2 Kurtis.jpg   K3 Keift.jpg  

Old 21 Jul 2020, 20:44 (Ref:3990066)   #3324
bauble
Veteran

England
L is good though;
Attached Thumbnails
L1 Leco sports.jpg   L4 Lotus.jpg   L2 Lester MG.JPG  

L5 Lagonda.jpg   L6 Lola.jpg   L3 Lister.jpg  

Old 21 Jul 2020, 20:58 (Ref:3990070)   #3325
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
I tag all of my pictures from programmes and time sheets, so it should be a Gebhardt, ADA did run one though.
Thank you. After I posted I did wonder if that was the case, but too late to hide my ineptitude

Gerard, G for Group.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk