Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 Aug 2020, 16:19 (Ref:3999260)   #3501
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
That Giulietta is such a bonny little car, not to mention pretty darned quick!
Old 31 Aug 2020, 17:05 (Ref:3999267)   #3502
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
And what an efficient braking system once properly adjusted!
Old 1 Sep 2020, 12:57 (Ref:3999437)   #3503
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well this is the Historic Section;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5633.JPG   IMG_5654.JPG   IMG_5661.JPG  

IMG_5675.JPG   IMG_5699 (2).JPG   IMG_5643.JPG  

Old 1 Sep 2020, 12:59 (Ref:3999438)   #3504
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
OK?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5844.JPG   IMG_5869.JPG   IMG_5871.JPG  

IMG_5891.JPG   IMG_5853.JPG   IMG_5852.JPG  

Old 1 Sep 2020, 13:05 (Ref:3999439)   #3505
bauble
Veteran

England
Mixed bunch;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0619.JPG   IMG_0623.JPG   IMG_0626.JPG  

IMG_0809.JPG   IMG_0810.JPG   IMG_0813.JPG  

Old 1 Sep 2020, 14:10 (Ref:3999452)   #3506
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Mixed bunch;
As always Baub a bunch of nice pictures there. I particularly like the first one of the Riley One Point Five as the first competition car I was involved with was a Wolseley 1500 prepared for Autocross. It was painted a similar shade of pale blue to the Morris 1000 behind (for a similar reason) and had three broad white stripes painted across the car. The two drivers were serving police officers and they called themselves The Panda Autocross Team!
Old 1 Sep 2020, 16:49 (Ref:3999485)   #3507
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I believe the Morris is/was owned by Chris Rea.
Old 2 Sep 2020, 06:43 (Ref:3999549)   #3508
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I believe the Morris is/was owned by Chris Rea.
That could explain why it takes him so long to drive home for Christmas!
Old 2 Sep 2020, 09:28 (Ref:3999574)   #3509
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
From this long travel came a good idea…
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...tail&FORM=VIRE
Old 2 Sep 2020, 10:31 (Ref:3999594)   #3510
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
My Aunt met Chris Rea when she was working for Prodrive and he came in for a visit. Said he was a lovely guy. Certainly better than another celebrity racing driver she knew, one who once drove for Prodrive
Old 2 Sep 2020, 19:38 (Ref:3999698)   #3511
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bristol 450 Le Mans

With the recent debut of the lovely Bristol 450 recreation I thought I would dig out a picture I took of the only surviving original Bristol 450 Le Mans as it appeared at Thruxton's Silver Jubilee Meeting in 1993.
Attached Thumbnails
27.6.93 Thruxton Bristol 450 Le Mans.jpg  
Old 2 Sep 2020, 19:53 (Ref:3999699)   #3512
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
Thruxton Silver Jubilee 1993

While I was posting the picture of the Bristol, I thought I would post a few other pictures I took that day. First there is the Thinwall Special, a late replacement for the Alfa Romeo Bimotore from the Donington Collection, secondly alongside the Bristol another car from Simon Draper's stable, an Aston Martin DBR2. In the paddock we have Peter William's ex Tim Schenken/Graham Hill Brabham BT36, Steve Holland's GRD 272 while the glum looks on the faces of Alan Goodman's team are because his Wheatcroft R18 had to be withdrawn from the afternoon's Formula 2 race. Finally the motorcycle is an LCH (125?) built and raced by Leonard Clifford Harfield in Hampshire.
Attached Thumbnails
27.6.93 Thruxton Thinwall Special.jpg   27.6.93 Thruxton Aston Martin DBR2.jpg   27.6.93 Brabham BT36.jpg  

27.6.93 GRD 272.jpg   27.6.93 Wheatcroft R18.jpg   27.6.93 LCH.jpg  

Old 3 Sep 2020, 10:11 (Ref:3999763)   #3513
bauble
Veteran

England
Nice pictures Ched, and look at themarshalsin the background!!

Similar;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1740.JPG   IMG_1744.JPG   IMG_1753.JPG  

IMG_1758.JPG   IMG_1759.JPG   IMG_1786.JPG  

Old 3 Sep 2020, 10:12 (Ref:3999765)   #3514
bauble
Veteran

England
And there's more.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1832.JPG   IMG_1836.JPG   IMG_1837.JPG  

IMG_1843.JPG   IMG_1848.JPG   IMG_1869.JPG  

Old 3 Sep 2020, 10:14 (Ref:3999766)   #3515
bauble
Veteran

England
Same meeting.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1875.JPG   IMG_1884.JPG   IMG_1887.JPG  

IMG_1893.JPG   IMG_1900.JPG   IMG_1906.JPG  

Old 3 Sep 2020, 18:35 (Ref:3999887)   #3516
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
I should have pointed out the Bristol, Thinwall Special and Aston Martin pictures were taken during a demonstration hence the relaxed attitude of the marshals !
Old 4 Sep 2020, 04:56 (Ref:3999952)   #3517
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Looks like a modern picture of historic, much more marshals than spectators…
Old 4 Sep 2020, 07:21 (Ref:3999966)   #3518
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
Looking at the picture again, I think the 'marshals' are medical crew as the two cars are the 'Fast Response' Doctors cars used at Thruxton in the nineties. That area is out of bounds to spectators as,apart from it being dangerous, to access it you have to walk across the airfield which is out of bounds but people still found their way there.
Old 4 Sep 2020, 10:20 (Ref:4000016)   #3519
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Looking at some guests of the improvised bbq, I think its "Fat response"!
Seriously, very nice pics. Thanks again.
Old 4 Sep 2020, 10:42 (Ref:4000018)   #3520
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
No problem Gerard, thanks for your kind comments.
Old 4 Sep 2020, 13:43 (Ref:4000050)   #3521
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
No problem Gerard, thanks for your kind comments.
He says that to all the girls
Old 4 Sep 2020, 14:07 (Ref:4000055)   #3522
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Old 4 Sep 2020, 16:33 (Ref:4000086)   #3523
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
There is a picture of F2 Wheatcroft . I drove that car at Thruxton . Must be 20 years ago
Old 4 Sep 2020, 18:20 (Ref:4000102)   #3524
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
Funnily enough I was going through my programmes the other day delta, and came across the programme from the Haynes Historic Superprix in 1994. You made it to the race , but I don't think the Wheatcroft lasted long.
Old 5 Sep 2020, 08:47 (Ref:4000177)   #3525
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
Funnily enough I was going through my programmes the other day delta, and came across the programme from the Haynes Historic Superprix in 1994. You made it to the race , but I don't think the Wheatcroft lasted long.
Yes the fuel tank foam collapsed. Jeepers 1994.!!! Thanks for the heads up.