Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 6 Oct 2010, 23:14 (Ref:2770591)   #76
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
marcostraz, KV isn't a bad team. It just has two extreme wreckers and one ocasionally wrecker (Viso).

Yes indeed.

Yes they can. But Lotus will surely prefer paying to an existing, strong team to run green cars.
To expand...

1. He's only going to get shafted if there's no funding for a third car. Apparently Penske likes him so he's not going to replace him with say a Rahal or RHR.

2. And as much as both I and Penske like Briscoe (and I really do like him, and I think people are usually way too harsh on him), his results this season just hasn't stacked up.

3. If Sato goes to Andretti, why wouldn't Lotus pay for Kanaan's ride? They've already said they plan on putting two cars on the grid, and Kanaan seems like the one guy at Andretti who knows how to set up a car. If RHR doesn't return, Sato/Danica/Marco will be the weakest lineup the team has ever had.

4. If RHR is going to be rideless (again), maybe it's time for IZOD to carefully start moving over to Graham, if he's really got all that money he's talking about. Though for the championship it'd be if they stayed and the series shoehorned him in somewhere at the last second (Vision v2)...
Old 7 Oct 2010, 01:34 (Ref:2770622)   #77
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Well hopefully Briscoe finds another ride instead of coming home to the V8s, I'd like to see him stay in open wheelers.
Old 7 Oct 2010, 02:14 (Ref:2770630)   #78
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
More bad news coming for Andretti Autosport.
Should be one more piece that will drop on another AA car.
Old 7 Oct 2010, 03:26 (Ref:2770659)   #79
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well HJJ, I can think of two other possible bombshells:

A new owner of GoDaddy (which is up for sale) decides to cut the marketing budget dedicated to IndyCar, or:

IMG convinces Danica to buy out the remaining year of her AA contract and go Nascar racing fulltime.

The sale of Air-Tran to Southwest Airlines might also result in jeopardy to that AA associate sponsorship, but the ownership has not been transferred and the effects are pure speculation.

Otherwise, things are looking good.
Old 7 Oct 2010, 03:29 (Ref:2770660)   #80
HJJ
Veteran

United States
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
^^^
All good scenarios, but no.
Old 7 Oct 2010, 03:43 (Ref:2770662)   #81
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Man you're tuff. What is it? Unless tomorrow's headline reads
"Scientist finds antidote for Venom".

If Dr. Pepper/ Snapple turns out to be the new super-secret superduper sponsor that Angstadt has landed, I guess that could happen.
Old 7 Oct 2010, 03:51 (Ref:2770663)   #82
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
Kinda funny though...the last silly season ended one day before the final race. This one did a smoky burnout on the day after.
Old 7 Oct 2010, 09:04 (Ref:2770751)   #83
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Roberts View Post
Strange isn't it. The two drivers who have won for Andretti Autosport this year have now both lost there main sponsors and could potentially be out of a drive for next season, yet the two remaining drivers are cashed up ready to go.
Yes, it's indeed strange that all of the teams that recently cut into the winning streak of Ganassi and Penske faced troubles in the off-season:

-after winning Watkins Glen with Ryan Hunter-Reay, Rahal Letterman lost their Ethanol sponsorship and the team disappeared
-after losing both their race winning drivers and that burger sponsor, Newman/Haas had to revert to a pay driver for their sole full season entry
-after winning Watkins Glen with Justin Wilson, Dale Coyne had to hire gentlewoman driver Milka Duno to pay the bills
-after winning at Long Beach with Ryan Hunter-Reay and at Iowa with Tony Kanaan, Andretti lost the sponsors to both of these rides and is currently looking for new funding for these drivers.

It's no surprise that it's as easy as it is for the red, white and black cars to win everything when there just does not seem to be much of a lasting competition.
Old 7 Oct 2010, 10:41 (Ref:2770788)   #84
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
Excellent observation, and it looks a little funny when it's all listed out like that.

Kinda disgusting, even.
Old 7 Oct 2010, 11:37 (Ref:2770806)   #85
marcostraz
Veteran

marcostraz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why this topic? There is already a topic about 2011 islly season...
Old 7 Oct 2010, 11:42 (Ref:2770809)   #86
marcostraz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
marcostraz, KV isn't a bad team.
Yes I know...I think that with a more capable driver they could win a race this year...my smile was referred to Sato...
Old 7 Oct 2010, 11:46 (Ref:2770810)   #87
marcostraz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
Yes, it's indeed strange that all of the teams that recently cut into the winning streak of Ganassi and Penske faced troubles in the off-season:

-after winning Watkins Glen with Ryan Hunter-Reay, Rahal Letterman lost their Ethanol sponsorship and the team disappeared
-after losing both their race winning drivers and that burger sponsor, Newman/Haas had to revert to a pay driver for their sole full season entry
-after winning Watkins Glen with Justin Wilson, Dale Coyne had to hire gentlewoman driver Milka Duno to pay the bills
-after winning at Long Beach with Ryan Hunter-Reay and at Iowa with Tony Kanaan, Andretti lost the sponsors to both of these rides and is currently looking for new funding for these drivers.

It's no surprise that it's as easy as it is for the red, white and black cars to win everything when there just does not seem to be much of a lasting competition.
Is it better lost than win races?
Old 7 Oct 2010, 13:25 (Ref:2770864)   #88
INDY500FAN13
Rookie

United States
Greenwood, IN
INDY500FAN13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2011 Full Time Drivers

Bold = Confirmed
Italicized = Rumor

Penske Racing

#3 Helio Castroneves (Shell / Verizon Wireless /Kodak)
#6 Ryan Briscoe
#12 Will Power (Verizon Wireless / Shell / Kodak)

Target Chip Ganassi Racing

#9 Scott Dixon (Target)
#10 Dario Franchitti (Target)
#30 Graham Rahal

Andretti Autosport

#7 Danica Patrick (Go-Daddy.com)
#11 Tony Kanaan
#26 Marco Andretti (Venom Energy Drink)
#37 Ryan Hunter Reay

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing

#22 Justin Wilson
#23 Paul Tracy
#24 Mike Conway

FAZZT Racing

#77 Alex Tagliani (B&W Metals)
#33 TBA

KV Racing

#5Takuma Sato
#8EJ Viso
#32Mario Moraes

Panther Racing

#4 TBA (National Guard)
#20 TBA

AJ Foyt Racing

#14 Vitor Meira (ABC Supply)

DeFerran Dragon Racing

#2 TBA (Hewlett-Packard)
#21 Davey Hamilton (Hewlett-Packard)
**(Indy/Iowa/New Hampshire/Texas)

Dale Coyne Racing

#18 TBA
#19 TBA

Conquest Racing

#34 Bertrand Baguette (TBA)
#36 TBA

Newman/Haas Racing

#06 TBA
#02 TBA

HVM Racing

#78 Simona de Silvestro (TBA)

AFS Racing (Maybe an AA Team Member)

#27 Adam Carroll (AFS Fire Sprinklers)

Sarah Fisher Racing

#67 TBA (Dollar General)

Walker Racing Partners

#70 TBA

Rahal Letterman Racing

#17 TBA

Indy 500 Entries

Team REDLINE Xtreme Racing (KV Racing Partner)

#?? TBA (REDLINE ENERGY DRINK)

Bryan Herta Autosport

#29 TBA

Available Drivers

Graham Rahal (CONFIRMED FULL TIME)
Dan Wheldon
Ryan Hunter-Reay
Tony Kanaan
Ed Carpenter
Ryan Briscoe
Justin Wilson
Paul Tracy
Takuma Sato
Mario Moraes
EJ Viso
Alex Lloyd
Oriol Servia
Sebastian Bourdais
Jay Howard
Hideki Mutoh
Mario Romancini
JR Hilldebrand
Wade Cunningham
Sebastien Savvadra
Mike Conway
Bruno Junqueria
Roger Yasukawa
Milka Duno
Rafael Matos
Ana Beatriz
Tomas Sheckter
Francesco Dracone
Townsend Bell
Old 7 Oct 2010, 13:41 (Ref:2770868)   #89
INDY500FAN13
Rookie

United States
Greenwood, IN
INDY500FAN13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post

Thats why every week of the Indycar Season I am jumping up and rooting for those certain cars to have mechanical problems or brush the wall....
Old 7 Oct 2010, 14:17 (Ref:2770880)   #90
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
Looks like 11 fulltime to me, I'm not so sure about the AFS.

So 15 is easy to anticipate.

How many Leaders Circle spots available? 23?
Old 7 Oct 2010, 14:31 (Ref:2770885)   #91
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagtechOhio View Post
How many Leaders Circle spots available? 23?
That is correct.
Old 7 Oct 2010, 14:36 (Ref:2770887)   #92
HJJ
Veteran

United States
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...-2011-campaign

I would say this would be w/deFerran-Dragon with the Pagenaud/HPD connection on a limited road course schedule as well as at Indy.
Old 7 Oct 2010, 14:37 (Ref:2770888)   #93
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
Cheers. Well, I didn't think that many would answer the bell last year, and I was wrong.

Any bets on this year? Maybe 20 full time is the over/under?

Edit: I would say this is my favorite pit crew, and the DP01 should be interesting in the tech barn:

http://www.indycar.com/news/show/55-...ndy-500-entry/
Old 9 Oct 2010, 09:03 (Ref:2771865)   #94
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd be very surprised if we only had 20 or less full time. 25 would be more likely & I can see 30+ at a couple of events being a possibility. I would also expect to see the largest Indy 500 field in years as teams use their spare cars, either running them themselves or renting them out to take advantage of it being the last year of the current Dallaras. I can see there being easily over 30 cars at the season finale. Saying that I can't see teams that have struggled this year such as HVM managing to come up with much more, possibly one extra for Indy, depending on money. Similarly, if Graham Rahal doesn't return to Newman/Haas & instead gets a rumoured 3rd Ganassi then I don't see them running 2 full time. Much depends on Lotus & where they decide to run their 2 cars. They are supposed to be reluctant to return to KV so where do they land? Andretti? If so how many will they end up running? 4 or 5? More? Also, should Lotus leave KV, how many will they run and will they retain either or the current drivers? It will all be very interesting!

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion
Old 9 Oct 2010, 12:12 (Ref:2771942)   #95
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
There will be an Indy deal for anyone with the $400K or so who can afford it, half a dozen lease-a-rides after that, and every Formula Ford driver with a rich uncle trying to run at the last race.

If a last race finds it way on the schedule.

The rest wasn't worth the arguments, deleted.

Last edited by JagtechOhio; 9 Oct 2010 at 12:20.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 18:43 (Ref:2772105)   #96
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Wow, there are too few IndyCar writers around this forum, but I love to read some of these posts.

Quote:
If a last race finds it way on the schedule.
If IndyCar has a first race in 2011, how wouldn't it have a last race???
Old 9 Oct 2010, 18:54 (Ref:2772109)   #97
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
Breeliant.
Old 12 Oct 2010, 19:35 (Ref:2773971)   #98
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
It doesn't get much sillier than this, so I guess this is the best place for the link.

Keith Wiggins says HVM wants to go ALMS racing.

http://www.racer.com/hvm-to-expand-t...rticle/180872/
Old 12 Oct 2010, 23:25 (Ref:2774079)   #99
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Also in Race, the Chipster says that he could run next year a "well-funded" satellite team for a young driver.
Old 13 Oct 2010, 12:18 (Ref:2774338)   #100
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Err... Can I have a sports question?
PabloTeK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It doesn't get much sillier than this, so I guess this is the best place for the link.

Keith Wiggins says HVM wants to go ALMS racing.

http://www.racer.com/hvm-to-expand-t...rticle/180872/
Maybe they'll get the staff to work for less than nothing!