Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 17 Sep 2012, 11:29 (Ref:3137158)   #1
PandaCrew
Rookie

United Kingdom
Manchester
PandaCrew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Camping in 2013

Hello, ill start by saying that im new to the forum and if there is already a similar thread then i apologise and its my inexperience! I have been to Le Mans for the last 7 yrs but have never camped, i have always stayed in hotel F1`s or similar. Next year however I have a booking for camping at Tetre Rouge, I see that it is non numbered pitches however. As i can only get there by thursday morning is this likely to mean I have a bad spot, or that I have to squeeze in a small spot somewhere? Also as a first time camper at LM what general advise would you give me? Thanks
Old 17 Sep 2012, 11:52 (Ref:3137180)   #2
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaCrew View Post
Hello, ill start by saying that im new to the forum and if there is already a similar thread then i apologise and its my inexperience! I have been to Le Mans for the last 7 yrs but have never camped, i have always stayed in hotel F1`s or similar. Next year however I have a booking for camping at Tetre Rouge, I see that it is non numbered pitches however. As i can only get there by thursday morning is this likely to mean I have a bad spot, or that I have to squeeze in a small spot somewhere? Also as a first time camper at LM what general advise would you give me? Thanks
Might be famous last words, but in previous years arriving on Thursday morning has been fine in terms of getting a decent spot - indeed we've lived dangerously, got there just before Thursday night qualifying, and still got somewhere perfectly respectable.
Old 17 Sep 2012, 15:08 (Ref:3137272)   #3
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't worry, most arrivals are on friday. If however you want the best spot you should arrive on monday. Good luck.
Old 17 Sep 2012, 16:32 (Ref:3137313)   #4
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I'm not sure there is such a thing as a bad spot at Tetre Rouge. It's a fairly small campsite but it's basically right on the circuit. If you got there really early you could have a spot where you can see the esses but after they've gone, it doesn't really matter where you are.

In terms of atmosphere, Tetre Rouge is a little quiet and sedate but it's incredibly close to everything. The fair and music stage is stone's throw away and there is an exit from the circuit very close by which is handy.

You'll enjoy it there, it's a nice campsite.
Old 17 Sep 2012, 18:16 (Ref:3137376)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I expect to see Simon here any moment to tell you what an incredibly bad choice you've made in Tertre Rouge...... Only joking.

Welcome to the only forum you'll ever need for Le Mans, PandaCrew.
Old 18 Sep 2012, 06:16 (Ref:3137595)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Sorry missed the earlier posting as currently in prague, but just found the internet booth in the hotel so logged in
TR is where we have camped to the past 15 years so as you would expect i am a big fan. If you arrive on thursday the large spaces near the wall or the fence will have gone but you will always find somewhere to pitch as the numbers of tickets sold is very limited, so it depends on the size of you party really. The site is directly over looking the action just past the dunlop bridge and with the exception of during practice/race access is easy and convienient for the town/trams. As already stated it is close to the stage and the ACO members area at the dunlop bridge and the security is very tight so never a problem with people just walking through like most of the other sites.
The normal campers are old time LM fans usually having camped there since the dawn of time, there are always a few party area's usually run by the dutch or british and all are welcome but the campsite itself is reasonably quite and never any trouble. plenty of ten-tenthers camp there so you will already have people to talk to and beer/wine will be provided if you say hello.
Only draw back is getting a camping ticket rocking horse poo is easier to obtain and much cheaper on ebay most years
Old 20 Sep 2012, 20:32 (Ref:3139270)   #7
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Hey there PandaCrew, indeed a very warm welcome to the best sportscarforum there is. Where are you from, mate?
Old 20 Sep 2012, 21:09 (Ref:3139289)   #8
PandaCrew
Rookie

United Kingdom
Manchester
PandaCrew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many thanks for all the welcomes! The ideal scenario would be to arrive at the start of the week and watch scrutineering and practices etc sadly holiday time will not stretch to this so ferry on the wednesday and arriving at the circuit thursday morn/lunch is the plan. We shouldnt be taking up that much space, as their is only 3 in my party, so estate car and tent will be our lot! Im from Manchester, England by the way
Old 20 Sep 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3139325)   #9
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Many thanks for all the welcomes! The ideal scenario would be to arrive at the start of the week and watch scrutineering and practices etc sadly holiday time will not stretch to this so ferry on the wednesday and arriving at the circuit thursday morn/lunch is the plan. We shouldnt be taking up that much space, as their is only 3 in my party, so estate car and tent will be our lot! Im from Manchester, England by the way
Thursday mornin' 'll be fine, believe me. You'll have missed wednesday practice though... Ah, what am I saying, I'm still to whitness Sunday/Monday scrutineering myself, after 18 years...
Old 19 Nov 2012, 10:19 (Ref:3168396)   #10
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm going to hijack this thread instead of opening a new one...

I've been to the 24 hours before two years ago, but I didn't sort out any of the ticketing/camping stuff. Next year I want to go again and I've been put in charge with sorting everything out.

Am I right in thinking that general sale for camping tickets is tomorrow? If there are four of us with, say, 2 x two-man tents, how many camping tickets will I need?

Apologies if these questions are ridiculously simple - if there's an FAQ on camping tickets somewhere I'd be very grateful.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 10:24 (Ref:3168398)   #11
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by valedave View Post
Am I right in thinking that general sale for camping tickets is tomorrow? If there are four of us with, say, 2 x two-man tents, how many camping tickets will I need?
-Yes, ticket sale for Non-ACO members starts tomorrow.
-Depends on how many people you can squeeze into a car, as the camping pitches/tickets are per car. The pitches are 5x7 m, so 1 car and 2 tents would do, if you can get in the car with 4, otherwise two pitches/2 cars would be recommended!
Old 19 Nov 2012, 10:50 (Ref:3168406)   #12
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thank you!

We're hiring a car from Paris as I'm coming from Germany and the others from Scotland. It'll probably be some kind of people-carrier, but we'll certainly only have one car.

I guess certain sites might already be sold out from the ACO member sale. Can I expect to have a semi-decent choice when public ticketing opens tomorrow?
Old 19 Nov 2012, 20:22 (Ref:3168718)   #13
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
You will find plenty of camping still available when the non ACO opens but if you do want a particular campsite then they will also be available from the various agencies, or you could wait until they are for sale on e bay. There should be no shortage of tickets this year, last year there were still plenty for sale right up until the race. The cheapest places to get camping tickets will be either the ACo itself or the tourist office at le mans (nadine is always very helpful)
Old 22 Nov 2012, 13:51 (Ref:3169828)   #14
JMW964
Rookie

Belgium
Bastogne, BEL
JMW964 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello! I am new to this forum and I am attending the 24 hours for the first time live in 2013. I managed to buy general admission and gradstands ticket on the first day of the public selling, but nothing was available but the yellow area. After carefully reading all your comments, my first choice was the well demanded Tertre Rouge but it looks more and more like the quest to the holy grail... On some agencies websites in UK, you still can find tickets but it includes at least the ferry or general entrance tickets. Nothing I can use as I come from Belgium and I do have my tickets already. Would some of you have good tips? Thank you and hope to meet there for a pint!
Old 22 Nov 2012, 13:57 (Ref:3169829)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome JMW964!

Keep watching and the tips will surely follow.......
Old 22 Nov 2012, 14:18 (Ref:3169840)   #16
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
I'm the same, JMW964.

I've "registered my interest" with 1st tickets, as most of the rest want to sell tickets with ferry crossings and such like. First choice is Tetre Rouge, second is Maison Blanche. Not sure how likely either of those are.
Old 22 Nov 2012, 14:21 (Ref:3169841)   #17
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMW964 View Post
Hello! I am new to this forum and I am attending the 24 hours for the first time live in 2013. I managed to buy general admission and gradstands ticket on the first day of the public selling, but nothing was available but the yellow area. After carefully reading all your comments, my first choice was the well demanded Tertre Rouge but it looks more and more like the quest to the holy grail... On some agencies websites in UK, you still can find tickets but it includes at least the ferry or general entrance tickets. Nothing I can use as I come from Belgium and I do have my tickets already. Would some of you have good tips? Thank you and hope to meet there for a pint!
Hi JMW964,
this is the ticket agency I used the last 2 years, and they do deliver in Belgium. Downside: they force you to buy two general admission tickets with every camping ticket. Pricewise they are comparable to the English ticket agencies.
Tetre Rouge is sold out already with them, but still some very good sites left.
Houx is very good imho (camped there last year) and it has electricity if you bring a long enough lead.
http://www.tickettravel.nl/index.php...nkrijk/tickets

Last edited by vincegail; 22 Nov 2012 at 14:28.
Old 22 Nov 2012, 14:30 (Ref:3169847)   #18
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
If all you need now is a camping ticket my suggestion would be to try Nadine at the tourist office but chances for TR will now be slim, however people always end up selling a few nearer the time, either on e bay or sometimes on the le mans forums, You will always get something so if you wait for the site you want and if nothing comes up then grab whatever is available there will always be something.
Old 22 Nov 2012, 14:36 (Ref:3169850)   #19
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Totally forgot you can buy tickets from the tourist agency without being an ACO member. Thanks to GT6 for reminding me!
http://www.lemanstourisme.com/dnn/me...3/Default.aspx
Will be cheaper than the tickets agencies still, so best to check there first!
Old 22 Nov 2012, 15:05 (Ref:3169858)   #20
JMW964
Rookie

Belgium
Bastogne, BEL
Thank you all for the nice welcome and for your answers! I'll try Nadine at the tourism office end the different agencies you propose. Planning to be in Le Mans on the Sunday before to attend the scrutineering.
I'll keep you posted...
Thank you again!
Old 22 Nov 2012, 21:44 (Ref:3169993)   #21
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Hi JMW964,
this is the ticket agency I used the last 2 years, and they do deliver in Belgium. Downside: they force you to buy two general admission tickets with every camping ticket. Pricewise they are comparable to the English ticket agencies.
Tetre Rouge is sold out already with them, but still some very good sites left.
Houx is very good imho (camped there last year) and it has electricity if you bring a long enough lead.
http://www.tickettravel.nl/index.php...nkrijk/tickets
I can confirm this, last years bought my tickets with them and they always got me what I asked for. Make sure you get on the mailinglist of this firm and you are almost sure next year you'll have TR. This year, again I'll be on HA.
Old 23 Nov 2012, 19:59 (Ref:3170326)   #22
JMW964
Rookie

Belgium
Bastogne, BEL
Hi! the dutch agency looks like the best solution. I contacted Le Mans tourist office and got a sold out reply. Cheers!
Old 27 Nov 2012, 23:41 (Ref:3172381)   #23
JMW964
Rookie

Belgium
Bastogne, BEL
Hi there,
I've just sent my order for Houx. I had to purchase two general admission tickets for that while I had already mine (GS Lagache) but ok, if I cannot find friends interrested to join, I will propose them later on the net...
I can't wait!!!!!
Thank you again for the advice!
Old 28 Nov 2012, 06:57 (Ref:3172440)   #24
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Hi there,
I've just sent my order for Houx. I had to purchase two general admission tickets for that while I had already mine (GS Lagache) but ok, if I cannot find friends interrested to join, I will propose them later on the net...
I can't wait!!!!!
Thank you again for the advice!
Good to hear .

I hope you'll stick around, on this glorious site.
Old 28 Nov 2012, 19:55 (Ref:3172708)   #25
JMW964
Rookie

Belgium
Bastogne, BEL
For sure! Have no doubt about that!