Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 29 May 2000, 23:56 (Ref:3568)   #26
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Minis were pretty cool - shame that I missed going down to the Paddock.. I liked the look of your Mini Denise.. Very well prepared, it would seem that even the Se7en racers have to spend lots of cash!!

The book comes out 1 July, adn is available next meeting or from Paul Lawrence at TFM Publishing - 01952 526408, 20 quid.
Old 30 May 2000, 06:52 (Ref:3567)   #27
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You see what I mean about Protons - dire....

Almost upset a fantastic day of motor sport, one of the best for a while, minis were just crazy (as per usual). Mr Bell did his best to scare me at Quarry, but just soaked me..

And Mr Spooner will be waking up this morning with a headache and lighter pocket - he hit bloody hard!!! If you look at the skid marks on the track, you would have noticed that there weren't any!!! LM3000 in the air from the moment he lost it...

I presume you noticed me Rick, I was the one looking slightly scared at Quarry In. Also big moment with the Pagid leaders..

All in all - brillant.
Old 30 May 2000, 13:56 (Ref:3569)   #28
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A couple of my pictures, not great, but not bad.

[This message has been edited by Lee Purnell (edited 30 May 2000).]
Old 30 May 2000, 15:04 (Ref:3570)   #29
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Good photos Lee... LM3000's very close (for a change)...

Anymore???
Old 30 May 2000, 18:25 (Ref:3571)   #30
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
LM3000's too close, they both spun off at Camp just after this was taken
I have a whole load mor, not all of them are good, i only use a little point and shoot job so it isn't very reliable, some come out ok others not.
I'll put a few more online later.
Old 30 May 2000, 19:17 (Ref:3572)   #31
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Ok, more minis,

Rick, (Car42)

Brian Allen, also in Pagid championship

And Richard Broadhead, with his 2nd in class prize, an egg cup. Um, I ment to say trophy
Old 30 May 2000, 19:19 (Ref:3573)   #32
Denise@terranovus
Rookie

Denise@terranovus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dan Friel:
[B]Minis were pretty cool - shame that I missed going down to the Paddock.. I liked the look of your Mini Denise.. Very well prepared, it would seem that even the Se7en racers have to spend lots of cash!!

Thank you..... The car looks much better since the front end rebuild and paint job after my rather 'orrible smash at Cadwell Park last month! You can read all about it at my website www.terranovus.ltd.uk

As for lots a cash - Yeah that's certainly true - a lot of prep and work goes into Mini Se7ens. It is definately not for the feint hearted and never ever count the cost of a season; you'll have a fit!

Someone came to see me but didn't leave a name or clue if they were racers or from this site. Pity I'd have tried to find them.

Great day yesterday and loads of spectators - really good to see so many spectators.
Old 30 May 2000, 20:57 (Ref:3574)   #33
Graham
Veteran

Graham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

First of all, I must have missed Rick's good race Second from last, wasn't it?

TVR Jacket? Taking photos of Minis? Sounds like me, doesn't it. Was the bloke a thin, ugly little squid with a big nose? Erm, that wasn't me then

Boy, did I take a lot of pics. 6 films + half I already had in the camera.

As for meeting up, to be honest I got there late and was rushing around (finding as many Mins as possible to photograph) so I could get round to Bobbies and Tower before the first race. I didn't really notice the Pagids

I got some pics of Rick at Tower, plus plenty of Mins. Not many crashes. Protons were dull and quiet, although not many so I guess it will be better when they have more.

Anyone know what happened to Dave Edmonston at Camp(?)
Old 30 May 2000, 21:01 (Ref:3575)   #34
Graham
Veteran

Did we have a lot more LM3000s than normal?

That Caterham/ Westfield was cool. What happened to him on the 1st or 2nd lap - he slowed right down, then went faster again. Did he go in the pits?
Old 31 May 2000, 07:58 (Ref:3576)   #35
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dave Edmonston went off at Folly on the first lap - as with Folly, if you go off, it's going to be big and hard... One dead mini!!!

Lucky for us, the Protons come back next meeting... Woo Hoo!!!!!
Old 31 May 2000, 09:43 (Ref:3577)   #36
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
It was you then, Rick and I thought it was you, so we stood right behind you and shouted "GRAHAM?" But there was no answer
Rick did have a good race, he did not come last but one, it was last but three actually, not including the 6 or 7 cars that didn't finish, and there were about 5 cars less than usual. Plus, in practise, even thiough he was on the last row, the time was 2 seconds faster than his best lap ever around the new track. It was a fast practise though, mr broadhead going faster than he has ever before, mr Allan also doing well and the lap record being broke by a mr Wyatt.
Phew.
It was Rick and me who came over to your Pitstop truck, but you were off omn a wonder at the time
There were a lot more Lm3000's than useual, most of them failing to finish though. Tha Caterham did come in for a bit, then back out again.
Dave Edmonston had a HUGE off, causing the red flag, and this was with the
"Improved run off area!!!!"
Graham, definatly say hello next time
Old 31 May 2000, 14:15 (Ref:3578)   #37
Denise@terranovus
Rookie

Denise@terranovus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...... So it was Rick and Lee - sorry I missed yuo guys

Next time - except I willnot be back at Combe for another year - sigh such a shame.

Do you go along to other circuits where the Min's race?
Old 31 May 2000, 15:34 (Ref:3579)   #38
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Denise@terranovus:

Do you go along to other circuits where the Min's race?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'll be lucky. These guys didn't know there were other circuits until I told them!!!!
Old 31 May 2000, 16:13 (Ref:3580)   #39
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
I'll tell you what Peter, your are almost right
Not to worry Denise, I'll try to get to a different circuit just to annoy Peter
Old 31 May 2000, 18:41 (Ref:3581)   #40
Graham
Veteran

What? RIGHT behind me? I think I would've heard you. Are you sure? Why didn't you tap me on the shoulder, or just kick me in the arse?

If I didn't hear, I apologise. I had just fallen in love and was kinda caught up in the moment.
One of the Mighty Minis and I are getting married next week...

That was a bummer, wasn't it? So near yet seemingly not near enough. Oh well - I'll definitely be at the next meeting. Who could miss it?!
Old 31 May 2000, 18:46 (Ref:3582)   #41
Graham
Veteran

I get 4 films back tomorrow - I'll post a few pics.

Hey, you mean there ARE other circuits in Britain? Can't be very good if we've never heard of them...

Say, I was standing at the entry to Tower before the MG race (not a bad place to take pics) and a bloke walked past and loosed off his camera behind me and in my direction. Yet, there were no cars on the track. I was wondering if it was any of you lot who thought they'd spotted the elusive Graham and needed evidence for Nature...?

I've just noticed the number of posts I've written

[This message has been edited by Graham (edited 31 May 2000).]
Old 1 Jun 2000, 06:49 (Ref:3583)   #42
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Excuse me one momento Peter,

I was at Zolder 2 weeks ago and heading off to Cadwell Park this weekend, see there, that's dedication for you..

I would say however, at least at Combe you usually get full grids and its run like a 750 MC meeting, which means no buggering about (unlike some other events I've been to)....

Why minis only once a year now?? We used to get them twice - and that wasn't nearly enough..
Old 1 Jun 2000, 17:07 (Ref:3584)   #43
Graham
Veteran

Combe also seems to get larger numbers of spectators, whatever the weather. Maybe it is due to the absence of any circuits in the south west (Dorset, Somerset, Devon, etc) so it collects peeps from those counties.

Plus there's no bloody catch-fencing to annoy the photo blokes...
Old 1 Jun 2000, 20:55 (Ref:3585)   #44
CAR 42
Rookie

CAR 42 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dan
I waved to all the marshal's at quarry so hopefully I might of got you.
Denise
Very sorry I didn't come back to see you. I do go to other tracks to watch racing so if I spot your name I will pop and have a chat
Peter
Well what can I say some one needs to get more information before making such coments
The only tracks I have not raced at are Croft
,Knockhill & Donnington
and in what ever time I do have left I do go to other meeting / Tracks !!!!!
Graham
Well at least I have the manner's when I say I will meet someone I actualy try and find them instead of not bothering which you seem to do quite often

MAD RICK

Old 1 Jun 2000, 21:29 (Ref:3586)   #45
Graham
Veteran

I don't remember saying I'd *definitely* try to find you. In fact, I purposefully don't say that because I never know if I'll be going until I leave.

Besides, when you do meet me, you'll wish you hadn't moaned

Cheer up. I've got too much to worry about already. CU.

[This message has been edited by Graham (edited 01 June 2000).]
Old 2 Jun 2000, 12:07 (Ref:3587)   #46
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No 42,

You mean you haven't raced at Donington? You've missed a treat.

I haven't raced at Croft or Knockhill, but I am scheduled to go to Scotland in September. Sadly I will have to miss it cos I'm racing a Spa the week before.

However. Even you must have noticed a certain bias within the posts on this forum. It confirms the general feeling that Combe has a special band of nutcas ...... er enthusiast and that's why its events are so well subscribed.

Personally, although I had great fun there in the wet last year, I can't get over the idiosyncratic organisation and the almost superior attitude displayed by the organisers. Also grass paddocks are very nice but a little imparactical these days.

Still, if you like that sort of thing then fine. I only mentioned it because old Graham and Lee tend to insert the word "Combe" into virtually every sentence.
Old 2 Jun 2000, 18:00 (Ref:3588)   #47
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Sorry about that Combe,.... I mean Peter
I do admit, they should get rid of the grass in the paddock. Although I did hear a little rumer that they were doing this some time in the future.
But as has been said before, the real good thing to do is move the paddock to the infield, damn those people rich enough to live near Combe