Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 Jun 2010, 17:02 (Ref:2707502)   #301
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
And you're saying this is not an Acura?

Hmm, and you call a Bentley a VW, or an Audi a VW, or a Lambo a VW? I think not, so .........

L.P.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 17:02 (Ref:2707503)   #302
EsbenT
Rookie

Norway
Sandnes
EsbenT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks, Horndawg.

Footage back to ES1 now, by the way.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 17:03 (Ref:2707504)   #303
Fizz
Rookie

Canada
Toronto Canada
Fizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi folks, been a fan for four years (been reading you guys for the last two), I got to say that I think Audi is not going to push it too hard even in qulaifying, because they know even qualifying is not that important here. Save everything for the race, I think would be their philosophy..?
Old 9 Jun 2010, 17:04 (Ref:2707505)   #304
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsbenT View Post
It's a nit-pick. You don't get Acuras in Europe, you get Hondas. Hence the "H" in HPD.
HPD is a complete seperate entity under the Honda (of America) umbrella.

L.P.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 17:04 (Ref:2707506)   #305
chrizzzie
Rookie

Canada
chrizzzie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrizzzie View Post
I've changes my website with my English video stream and it's also better quality now.

You can see it at www.lemans-2010.tk
Had mixed up Mic and Headphone plug. Sound with English commentary is working now
Old 9 Jun 2010, 17:08 (Ref:2707508)   #306
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
3:21.514 from... wait for it... Loic Duval!
Old 9 Jun 2010, 17:08 (Ref:2707509)   #307
Dunlop Corner
Racer

Dunlop Corner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Duval in the Oreca Pug now fastest. Not good for Audi.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 17:09 (Ref:2707510)   #308
GrayWolf
Racer

Bulgaria
Sofia, Bulgaria
GrayWolf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Hmm, and you call a Bentley a VW, or an Audi a VW, or a Lambo a VW? I think not, so .........

L.P.
And I think you're missing the point here.VW hadn't created Audi,Lambo etc.As I noted above Acura is a division of Honda that's why I used it as a synonym
Old 9 Jun 2010, 17:09 (Ref:2707511)   #309
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
3:21.514 from... wait for it... Loic Duval!
Boy oh boy...I can't wait to see what the Pugs will be able to do in Qualifying..
Old 9 Jun 2010, 17:09 (Ref:2707512)   #310
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jags on track .....
Old 9 Jun 2010, 17:13 (Ref:2707516)   #311
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Flashlights over the engine bay of the #7 Audi... Dindo looked worried.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 17:20 (Ref:2707520)   #312
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
BMW had their restrictor cut from 29.3mm to 29.0mm because of the dominant performance at Laguna Seca.

I don't know if the ACO even realises that the ALMS BMW is a completely different car? Ridiculous...
Old 9 Jun 2010, 17:21 (Ref:2707522)   #313
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
3:20.034 from Montagny.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 17:21 (Ref:2707523)   #314
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What Dominant performance at Leguna Seca?
Old 9 Jun 2010, 17:22 (Ref:2707526)   #315
924nut
Racer

924nut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3.20 for Montagny - wow - I will go for 3.18 quali pole

and nice to see the Jag is getting some laps in and closing in on the slower GT2's
Old 9 Jun 2010, 17:22 (Ref:2707527)   #316
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
And I think you're missing the point here.VW hadn't created Audi,Lambo etc.As I noted above Acura is a division of Honda that's why I used it as a synonym
No, I do not believe it is I who is missing the point!

L.P.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 17:23 (Ref:2707528)   #317
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
BMW had their restrictor cut from 29.3mm to 29.0mm because of the dominant performance at Laguna Seca.

I don't know if the ACO even realises that the ALMS BMW is a completely different car? Ridiculous...
they should be using 28.6 like Ferrari and porsche since they also have 4.0l engines, so hey still have a huge break compard to their competition, that is if we forget that the whole car is more or less iligal, and full of waivers
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 17:24 (Ref:2707529)   #318
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
they should be using 28.6 like Ferrari and porsche since they also have 4.0l engines, so hey still have a huge break compard to their competition, that is if we forget that the whole car is more or less iligal, and full of waivers
Same engine size, larger restrictor = the car must be heavier.

Possible electrical issue for Highcroft, seemed like the pit lane limiter stuck on for Werner's out-lap.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 17:25 (Ref:2707530)   #319
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Quote:
What waivers? The LMS spec version barely needs any, one is for the transaxle gearbox which the car uses in road-going spec too. The ACO even announced to change the rules in that regard...
Old 9 Jun 2010, 17:25 (Ref:2707531)   #320
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
No, I do not believe it is I who is missing the point!

L.P.
I think you are, since it is common knowlige that acura is honda(in the US) the company(acura) was founded to sell Hondas in the us as domestic cars, so while VW bought Bentley that existed since the begining of the last century, Acura was founded and built by honda
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 17:27 (Ref:2707533)   #321
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:

Sorry, but the car is not illegal. In any way shape or form, otherwise it would not be allowed on the track by the ACO!!!

L.P.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 17:28 (Ref:2707534)   #322
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
What waivers? The LMS spec version barely needs any, one is for the transaxle gearbox which the car uses in road-going spec too. The ACO even announced to change the rules in that regard...
the engine monunts, the suspension, the diff, the engine ........and so on and so on, the car is iligal, ask FIA. BW FIA and ACO rules are the same regarding the gt2 class!

and to quote a high FIA official, BMW preatty much built a car as they wanted, and said now let it race!
Old 9 Jun 2010, 17:29 (Ref:2707535)   #323
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For once im with arakis on this one.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 17:30 (Ref:2707536)   #324
GrayWolf
Racer

Bulgaria
Sofia, Bulgaria
GrayWolf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Since I'm not familiar with the restrictor things I assume the smaler it is the weaker they perform, am I right?
Old 9 Jun 2010, 17:30 (Ref:2707538)   #325
EsbenT
Rookie

Norway
Sandnes
EsbenT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just noticed that the #77 Porsche has gone faster than the Risi Ferrari. This pleases me