Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Oct 2007, 20:48 (Ref:2031305)   #1251
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
and the lastest installment....

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns19721.html

quite amazing IF true, that Stepney told the FiA about the floors before Coughlain and Ferrari complained. Letter sent to FiA, Todt, Dennis as well
Old 4 Oct 2007, 21:51 (Ref:2031368)   #1252
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh that was just classic, I just loved this quote

Quote:
Stepney says that he will go ahead with another publisher because he believes that his story should be told and that he has not been given a fair chance to defend himself. He says that the Stepneygate scandal means that he has nothing to lose in the motor racing world.
Why doesnt he just tell the truth. He will go ahead with another publisher because he can make a truck load of money
Old 4 Oct 2007, 22:21 (Ref:2031391)   #1253
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC
Oh that was just classic, I just loved this quote

Why doesnt he just tell the truth. He will go ahead with another publisher because he can make a truck load of money
Well, i'm sure he already has a "truck load of money" Surely, clearing his name would be more important to him?

Old 4 Oct 2007, 22:38 (Ref:2031400)   #1254
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ok, who let those pandas wandering around ? Don't you know this pets can multiply in no time at all ?????

Old 4 Oct 2007, 23:24 (Ref:2031433)   #1255
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bononi consider yourself slapped

Quote:
Overuse of smileys, formatting etc. Please read our posting guidelines and have some respect for your fellow posters!
(Warning Type = Excessive use of facilities - smileys, formatting, etc.)
Old 4 Oct 2007, 23:39 (Ref:2031453)   #1256
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
More Pandas than China.Ironic really.
Old 5 Oct 2007, 06:16 (Ref:2031624)   #1257
staid davenport
Racer

England
London
staid davenport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b
and the lastest installment....

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns19721.html

quite amazing IF true, that Stepney told the FiA about the floors before Coughlain and Ferrari complained. Letter sent to FiA, Todt, Dennis as well
So. Does anyone serriously think that Ferrari will even be investigated, let alone punished?
Old 5 Oct 2007, 08:26 (Ref:2031694)   #1258
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If there was sufficient doubts that suggest that Ferrari should be investigated, then yes, FIA should proceed with investigating.

And in the event that improper possession and/or use (ie 780 pages of Mclaren documents, a series of emails showing exchange of information) are uncovered, then yes, Ferrari should be punished.

Should we believe Stepney? Maybe.... but initially many believed Mike, only for the second hearing to reveal his web of lies.

Funny that Mike said Stepney came to him, and Stepney claim Mike initiating the possession of the data.. so who's telling the truth?
Old 5 Oct 2007, 10:37 (Ref:2031816)   #1259
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
...I keep seeing pandas....

Stepney has not come across as the most reliable witness at this point and the cancellation of his book deal (considering almost anyone will publish anything, no matter how salacious) gives us an idea of how his "story" is being viewed.

How many times has he hinted at the allegations he could make and yet when push comes to shove there is nothing forthcoming?

But please continue with the line of discussion where it is posited that McLaren wasn't really in the wrong because we presume they were just doing what everyone else was doing...
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 5 Oct 2007, 10:44 (Ref:2031824)   #1260
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC
...I keep seeing pandas....
That's a sign of madness, you know...

What panda? I don't see any panda...

Anyway...I don't think anybody thinks McLaren - or people within McLaren, at least - have done nothing wrong in all this. But at the same time, it's common knowledge that teams are always trying to find out what their rivals are doing, and I don't believe Ferrari are any different. The McLaren has been the better car this season, and Ferrari must have been racking their brains trying to work out where they were losing out. This spying thing is a handy get-out clause, they can just say they were beaten because their rivals had an unfair advantage.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 5 Oct 2007, 10:51 (Ref:2031833)   #1261
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl

Anyway...I don't think anybody thinks McLaren - or people within McLaren, at least - have done nothing wrong in all this.
Well,not many on this forum anyway.

This is a Panda free zone.
Old 5 Oct 2007, 11:09 (Ref:2031853)   #1262
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
No pandas, no point.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 5 Oct 2007, 12:25 (Ref:2031930)   #1263
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC
Bononi consider yourself slapped
Oh well, I've been warned !!!
Old 5 Oct 2007, 13:10 (Ref:2031999)   #1264
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This thread is still going then.....?

I guess we need a forum somewhere for panda discussion.........
Old 5 Oct 2007, 14:05 (Ref:2032039)   #1265
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Don't most threads panda to our base instincts?
Old 5 Oct 2007, 14:08 (Ref:2032043)   #1266
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
*groan*
Old 5 Oct 2007, 16:55 (Ref:2032187)   #1267
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

You started !
Old 5 Oct 2007, 18:42 (Ref:2032274)   #1268
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Don't think AdamAshmore can bear it.
Old 5 Oct 2007, 19:22 (Ref:2032314)   #1269
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
Oh well, I've been warned !!!
Oh Bononi I thought you weren't talking to me anymore. I was jealous you made then dance and I didn't, was only having a bit of fun, hope you really didn't get a slapping.

BTW I think you can get away with 3 dancing pandas before getting slapped.

Speaking of dancing pandas, what with the latest on the spy scandal, who's up who, who's not paying? Is everything as black and white as dancing pandas?
Old 5 Oct 2007, 22:58 (Ref:2032447)   #1270
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This panda craze is bamboo-zling me. Let's paws for thought and see things in black and white before we endanger the thread.
Old 6 Oct 2007, 10:01 (Ref:2032733)   #1271
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If Stepney has any proof, now would be the time for him to provide it to the FIA. That may help his cause when he is sanctioned (although not much I would think).
Old 9 Oct 2007, 15:07 (Ref:2035935)   #1272
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
*Rescues thread from obscurity*

Alonso answers questions put to him by Italian magistrate.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63178

No fat lady yet!
Old 9 Oct 2007, 15:25 (Ref:2035948)   #1273
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
I was thinking earlier that this thread wasn't far off dropping off the front page of the forum...
Old 10 Oct 2007, 00:12 (Ref:2036380)   #1274
willb
Racer

willb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
now the spanish media is claiming -

F1's governing body has reportedly opened a new investigation into McLaren, amid claims that the Woking-based team may have sabotaged Fernando Alonso's car in China, reports on Tuesday said.

At the conclusion of the espionage saga last month, FIA President Max Mosley warned that the Paris body would closely monitor McLaren for signs of retribution against the Spaniard's involvement in providing evidence that ultimately cost the team $100 million and exclusion from the constructors' world championship.

The Spanish newspaper La Nueva Espana claims that Alonso's tyres were over-inflated due to being heated too much prior to the final round of qualifying in Shanghai.

"I think they are still investigating," the 26-year-old had told reporters on Sunday, 24 hours after the incident that left him baffled and six-tenths slower than his team-mate, championship rival and pole-sitter Lewis Hamilton.

Alonso added: "I think the tyre pressures were quite high, more than normal, but I don't know if it was that or another explanation."

La Nueva Espana said the FIA is now investigating the claim.
Old 10 Oct 2007, 02:35 (Ref:2036451)   #1275
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
*Rescues thread from obscurity*

Alonso answers questions put to him by Italian magistrate.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63178

No fat lady yet!
AP report as printed in the Melbourne Age:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/motors...695959049.html