Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 9 May 2008, 07:45 (Ref:2197417)   #1
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and the F1 game rights go to............

Codemasters..........

wich means the official F1 game will als be uit on PC dvd, the first new F1 game will be out in 2009 and there will be a team of 350 people working on it, now let's hope it will be realistic enough and not to "arcade" like.
Old 9 May 2008, 10:27 (Ref:2197505)   #2
olly83
Racer

United Kingdom
olly83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it's as good as the first TOCA games on PS1 then we should be in for a treat.
Old 9 May 2008, 11:14 (Ref:2197521)   #3
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please please don't base it on the Grid/dirt engine!
Old 9 May 2008, 12:01 (Ref:2197547)   #4
UKOGwill
Rookie

England
Tenbury, Worcs.
UKOGwill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's gonna be based on NEON engine
Old 9 May 2008, 17:50 (Ref:2197746)   #5
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
haha. wow, didnt see that one coming.

*shock*
Old 9 May 2008, 18:19 (Ref:2197768)   #6
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Oh dear...

And I thought the PS2/PS3 F1 games were bad...

Codemasters have really gone to the dogs in recent years.
Old 9 May 2008, 18:24 (Ref:2197774)   #7
Flaming_Wuzzle
Racer

United States
a house
Flaming_Wuzzle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 turned into a drifting series confirmed
Old 9 May 2008, 19:35 (Ref:2197819)   #8
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not holding out much hope, but at least there will be one and it will be multiformat.
Old 9 May 2008, 21:56 (Ref:2197887)   #9
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I disagree with that wuzzle, the team making GRID were told to make it how it is, they could make something more realistic.
Old 10 May 2008, 08:09 (Ref:2198050)   #10
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1
I disagree with that wuzzle, the team making GRID were told to make it how it is, they could make something more realistic.
Have they done that though?
From what I hear the demo is still arcade rubbish. Downloading it now to find out for myself.

Last edited by R4z3rw33n; 10 May 2008 at 08:13.
Old 10 May 2008, 09:44 (Ref:2198102)   #11
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Who cares if its arcade rubbish, its excellent fun.

Codemasters have made realistic games in the Past like the old toca games and the Indycar Games.

BTW, I didnt say that they were told to make it realistic, they were told to make it more arcadey, wrong grammar there.
Old 10 May 2008, 10:52 (Ref:2198143)   #12
olly83
Racer

United Kingdom
olly83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's when they try to cram too much into the game (Ps2 TOCA series) that things go a bit wrong. Their single series titles have generally been excellent
Old 10 May 2008, 13:56 (Ref:2198266)   #13
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
yeah, there are some great people there at codemasters, Im sure they could make a great sim. They dont need another arcadey title now that GRID has taken up that part of the market. Codemasters are also saying that they are going to announce something else next week, might just be a V8 Supercar game.
Old 10 May 2008, 16:45 (Ref:2198356)   #14
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1
Codemasters are also saying that they are going to announce something else next week, might just be a V8 Supercar game.
Thats the game i'm hoping for - there was talk that V8s/DTM et al would surface in a seperate IP.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 10 May 2008, 18:41 (Ref:2198395)   #15
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If there's ANY trace of the pit crew chief being American, I'm not getting it!

Old 10 May 2008, 23:14 (Ref:2198525)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ouch...

Now this was really bad. Codemasters are arcade people for racing...
Old 11 May 2008, 08:58 (Ref:2198686)   #17
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
does it really matter to all the PC sim racers anyway? Mods will continue to be created im sure.
Old 11 May 2008, 10:09 (Ref:2198739)   #18
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Codemasters used to put out some half decent stuff, though their output for the last 5-6 or so years has been awful.

I bought TRD2 and TRD3 and to be honest, I was totally shocked with how badly the tracks were modelled in TRD3, I nearly vomitted up my vital organs.

Any multiplatform game will always be dictated by the lowest common denominator, which in this case are the consoles. So on the PC you can just expect a badly coded port of what will probably be the XBOX360 version.
Old 11 May 2008, 17:33 (Ref:2199133)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Codemasters are capable of good things, so let us wait and see.

Yes, their recent output has been a joke (although DiRT was fun I thought) but lets not get all sim-snobby quite so early!

That said, I don't hold out massive hope.
Old 19 May 2008, 21:56 (Ref:2206860)   #20
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oh god, another 5+ years of **** F1 games, i hope codies can pull their finger out, their games over the past 6 years have been bloody terrible.
Old 20 May 2008, 17:51 (Ref:2207606)   #21
sjones
Racer

England
Cheshire, United Kingdom
sjones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Codemasters can make decent, non-arcadey style games. If they worked with someone such as Take Two who created Forza as a collaboration project on the handling and left the graphics to codemasters it'd be like no other.
Old 20 May 2008, 17:59 (Ref:2207617)   #22
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Let's hope they get Geoff Crammond in ...
Old 20 May 2008, 21:29 (Ref:2207805)   #23
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A guy who works at Codemasters on another forum has said that the ego engine is capable of full sim.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 21 May 2008, 00:40 (Ref:2207899)   #24
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
Let's hope they get Geoff Crammond in ...
Speaking of, where this guy has been lately ? What is he doing now ? He's a genius, he must do something new !
Old 21 May 2008, 21:35 (Ref:2208638)   #25
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
btcckid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so it's not going to be on ps2-thats the only console i have(apart from pc which im not allowed to play games on!)