Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Mar 2023, 10:25 (Ref:4149203)   #26
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Smith View Post
Many thanks for posting Mazda photos and for history of early rotary racing - much appreciated.
Lets not forget that DrBob of this parish owns a Group C Mazda RX7 which he keeps in this part of the globe. I recall a couple / few years ago he brought it down to PI and we were running around the paddock contacts (successfully) looking for a certain pressure fuel regulator (or was it pump?) to try and solve a bit of a misfire problem.

I will have some pics of that car somewhere on a portable hard drive. (Which hard drive will be the challenge!)
Old 26 Mar 2023, 19:32 (Ref:4149247)   #27
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Lets not forget that DrBob of this parish owns a Group C Mazda RX7 which he keeps in this part of the globe. I recall a couple / few years ago he brought it down to PI and we were running around the paddock contacts (successfully) looking for a certain pressure fuel regulator (or was it pump?) to try and solve a bit of a misfire problem.

I will have some pics of that car somewhere on a portable hard drive. (Which hard drive will be the challenge!)
Found.... 2021 if my records are correct. Not the best pics in the world ....drbob was too quick for me!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3300.JPG   IMG_3366 (2).JPG   IMG_3413 (2).JPG  

Last edited by E.B; 26 Mar 2023 at 19:39.
Old 27 Mar 2023, 03:20 (Ref:4149314)   #28
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haha thanks Chris. Fond memories. That must have been when it caught fire. Overfueling collecting in muffler then whoosh. The only damage was to the muffler.
Old 27 Mar 2023, 08:03 (Ref:4149322)   #29
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbob View Post
Haha thanks Chris. Fond memories. That must have been when it caught fire. Overfueling collecting in muffler then whoosh. The only damage was to the muffler.
Indeed... in fact im sure the first pic above, in the garage, is of the car having its repaired exhaust refitted.
Old 28 Mar 2023, 05:43 (Ref:4149442)   #30
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
If anyone is interested there are many more pics from the meeting in an online album from the meeting....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/198018...77720307054385

Let me know if any issues with the link.
Old 28 Mar 2023, 08:59 (Ref:4149461)   #31
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
If anyone is interested there are many more pics from the meeting in an online album from the meeting....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/198018...77720307054385

Let me know if any issues with the link.
Thanks for the photos EB. I didn't get much of a chance to get out and take photos, but I did run into some of the posters on here, like David Towe.
Old 28 Mar 2023, 16:51 (Ref:4149509)   #32
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great photos there Chris.

I love the Ferrari prototypes. Thanks.
Old 29 Mar 2023, 07:21 (Ref:4149546)   #33
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Thanks all for the comments on the photos. Glad they were of interest.
Cheers
Chris