Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 30 May 2022, 09:25 (Ref:4112005)   #151
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post

Interesting piece on the tinting on ferrucci's car
That's because his eyes are extremely sensitive to sun light (hence he always wears shades).
He tried tinting his helmet visor, but realised he couldn't see his dash, so had to tint the aeroscreen instead.

Some have been unhappy with it as the driver can't be seen, but if it's between the fans not being able to see the driver and the driver not being able to see their dials, I know which one makes more sense.

Also, with Ferrucci's livery, the car looked badass.

Just realised, with his 10th place finish, this happened to be Ferrucci's worst ever Indy 500 finish. Pretty good record. I don't like the guy, but credit where credit is due.
Old 30 May 2022, 11:17 (Ref:4112026)   #152
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
There in no need for that. This is the second time on this thread you have told someone to find or watch ''another fkn series'', after they have commented on something that happened during the race. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so calm down, it's only a car race. Here's the link to Posting in the F1 forum and it applies to here as well and remember, criticise the post but don't attack the poster.
That was DIRECTLY critical of what was written. There was crying about what Indy drivers do, if that's not enjoyed then maybe the series isn't for them. That's 100% critical of the posted comments not the poster, do not try to correct something that's not actually wrong, that's censoring outside of your lane dude
Old 30 May 2022, 13:14 (Ref:4112043)   #153
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
That was DIRECTLY critical of what was written. There was crying about what Indy drivers do, if that's not enjoyed then maybe the series isn't for them. That's 100% critical of the posted comments not the poster, do not try to correct something that's not actually wrong, that's censoring outside of your lane dude

I haven't censored anything, both of your posts, #124 and #148, are still there. Telling someone to find or watch ''another fkn series'', I thought was being directly critical. It certainly wasn't necessary and it wasn't warranted. The fact you said it a second time and to a different poster, is what drew it to my attention. I don't think I am outside of my lane at all. I am just saying be civil.
Old 30 May 2022, 15:44 (Ref:4112077)   #154
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Ericsson's zigzagging will draw lots of complaints.
I didn't say he should have been penalized. In fact, I'm not sure what I think about it. Maybe a warning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
with Ferrucci's livery, the car looked badass.

Just realised, with his 10th place finish, this happened to be Ferrucci's worst ever Indy 500 finish. Pretty good record. I don't like the guy, but credit where credit is due.
Agree twice
Old 30 May 2022, 18:31 (Ref:4112122)   #155
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Impressive defending from Ericsson.
Old 30 May 2022, 23:01 (Ref:4112157)   #156
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Impressive defending from Ericsson.
Agreed. No blocking, just some weaving to try break the tow.
If O'Ward had made a move and then Ericsson moved across, that would be a block, but what Ericsson did was fine, and has been seen many, many times in IndyCar.
Old 31 May 2022, 12:32 (Ref:4112210)   #157
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Just been checking out the Wiki list of Indy 500 winners, and noticed that 2010 was the last time that the 500 winner went on to win the championship.

Seems a little odd, considering the calibre of driver that has won each during that time.
Old 31 May 2022, 12:34 (Ref:4112212)   #158
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Jimmie Johnson is the 2022 Indy 500 Rookie of the Year.

https://www.indycar.com/news/2022/05/05-28-johnson
Old 31 May 2022, 15:19 (Ref:4112254)   #159
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Jimmie Johnson is the 2022 Indy 500 Rookie of the Year.

https://www.indycar.com/news/2022/05/05-28-johnson
Not the first time a DNF has won rookie of the year, but it is not something I like. Especially when the driver has crashed out on his own doing. Also his actual race performance was very ordinary imho.

I could understand it perhaps if a rookie driver had done well all race and had a late mechanical issue rather than crashing on his own.

Bottom line is I believe it deserves to go to a finisher. In this case DCR's Malukas who finished the race in 16th was (IMO) more deserving. I know DCR thought so as well.

I read somewhere that the Rookie award is not just based on on track performance though.
Old 31 May 2022, 15:41 (Ref:4112255)   #160
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Not the first time a DNF has won rookie of the year, but it is not something I like. Especially when the driver has crashed out on his own doing. Also his actual race performance was very ordinary imho.

I could understand it perhaps if a rookie driver had done well all race and had a late mechanical issue rather than crashing on his own.

Bottom line is I believe it deserves to go to a finisher. In this case DCR's Malukas who finished the race in 16th was (IMO) more deserving. I know DCR thought so as well.

I read somewhere that the Rookie award is not just based on on track performance though.
I thought Malukas was a lock, he was the top running rookie throughout the race and best finisher. Yes, their performance during the week somehow factors in to the decision. Perhaps the decision process needs to be revisited in the offseason.
Old 31 May 2022, 17:05 (Ref:4112277)   #161
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What's really interesting to me is that Jimmie is the third NASCAR "centric" to win it, because we don't count Smoke as a regular in 96 (he was racing only part time in the Busch/Xfinity series).

1970 Donnie Allison
1996 Tony Stewart
2014 Kurt Busch

Only Busch was running full time in the top NASCAR series the year he won it.

It's also not the first time a driver who has finished lower than another to have won it. I don't know who votes and exactly what the parameters are but they may have gotten this one wrong....
Old 31 May 2022, 17:23 (Ref:4112282)   #162
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Apparently the Rookie of the Year award evaluates the drviers performance along the Month of May, and also off-track activities.

AP's Jenna Fryer claims that David Malukas was less that polite with the press.

https://twitter.com/JennaFryer/statu...35165067464705
Old 1 Jun 2022, 16:14 (Ref:4112425)   #163
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
I think I agree with this writer

https://racer.com/2022/05/31/opinion...his-one-wrong/
Old 1 Jun 2022, 17:20 (Ref:4112443)   #164
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post

Having read that, I would say Mark Glendenning has got that right.
Thanks for posting.
Old 1 Jun 2022, 18:08 (Ref:4112448)   #165
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post

AP's Jenna Fryer claims that David Malukas was less that polite with the press.

https://twitter.com/JennaFryer/statu...35165067464705
That's not a reputation that a young driver needs.
However, in the comments, both Dale Coyne and David Malukas dispute that assertion. Seems that a reporter missed part of the Malukas press tour type thing, and Fryer took that as the reporter being snubbed
Old 2 Jun 2022, 20:42 (Ref:4112599)   #166
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
The Indianapolis 500 drew 4.6 million viewers on NBC and 220 k on Peacock.