Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 10 Jun 2022, 13:18 (Ref:4113956)   #176
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A quick look at Cimadomo times.

Also includes a view of cars with drivers with similar fastest laps.

Cimadomo not the slowest out there. Or the most inconsistent (although this is hard to judge just looking at the numbers).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Quite the upgrade.
He's 10-12 seconds off the quickest driver in the #13. So there is scope for improvement.
Attached Thumbnails
lap time spread (3).png   Lap time spread choice.png  
Old 10 Jun 2022, 13:29 (Ref:4113958)   #177
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Quite the upgrade.

Didn't a Porsche driver voluntarily chicken out a couple of hours into the race recently?
5-6 years ago I recall there was a Japanese driver who was totally out of his depth and I think he effectively 'withdrew' after the start of the race. I can't remember if the other two drivers soldiered on as best they could....?
Old 10 Jun 2022, 13:41 (Ref:4113966)   #178
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
5-6 years ago I recall there was a Japanese driver who was totally out of his depth and I think he effectively 'withdrew' after the start of the race. I can't remember if the other two drivers soldiered on as best they could....?
I went back to check if I right in my post, and it was indeed Satoshi Hoshino back in 2019, after Marcel Fassler crashed into him (and then Hoshino got a load of stick from the radio commentators).
Not really a case of Hoshino being out of his depth on this one.
There seems to have been some discrepancy about whether Hoshino withdrew (and effectively withdrew the car), or whether they were withdrawn by the stewards.
Old 10 Jun 2022, 14:12 (Ref:4113992)   #179
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Starting Grid has been updated:
http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Res..._Grid_Race.PDF

Got names against each car. Have the starting drivers already been nominated? Or is this just a default.
For hypercar the names listed correspond to the nominated driver on the entry list. But that falls apart for LMP2, so maybe it is the actual starting driver list.

I also have to say I'm really happy (and surprised) to see that all the cars have made it to race day. The possibility of a withdrawal following a practice crash is there every year but it appears teams have found a way to replace/repair after the bigger shunts this week.
Old 10 Jun 2022, 14:20 (Ref:4113998)   #180
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
I went back to check if I right in my post, and it was indeed Satoshi Hoshino back in 2019, after Marcel Fassler crashed into him (and then Hoshino got a load of stick from the radio commentators).
There seems to have been some discrepancy about whether Hoshino withdrew (and effectively withdrew the car), or whether they were withdrawn by the stewards.
I think you'll find that Hoshino had a number of moments during practice and qually which called his ability into question. I recall it even now....

In FP1 he was the 163rd fastest driver (only 4 were slower).
In Q1 he was the slowest driver - 167th, 12 seconds slower than the 166th.
In Q2 he was 153rd, but only 154 ran.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, he didn't run in Q3.
The car was 'retired' after 79 laps. Hoshino was the second slowest in the race.

My recollection is that he walked away from the car leaving Roda and Cairoli holding the baby. I'm sure the stewards didn't make the decision. I seem to recall he totally scared himself and wouldn't continue.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 10 Jun 2022 at 14:30.
Old 10 Jun 2022, 14:39 (Ref:4114007)   #181
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Wow, so that car has gone from probable back marker to potential front runner very quickly.
Beche and de Vries is an excellent combo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasse View Post
According to Motorsport.com he is being replaced by Nick de Vries.

https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/...rive/10319387/
Cimadomo is a bronze rated driver so there was this from the article:

Quote:
It is unclear how de Vries’ appointment will affect TDS Racing’s entry as Pro/Am teams are obliged to run at least one bronze-rated driver in their line-up. The Dutch driver has platinum status.
Any update? Seems like they'd have to jump in class...

And on Cimadomo, I hate it for him in his first attempt, but it's for the best, it seems. The last incident was pretty dumb and I didn't know of the other two. The old 'three strikes and you're out' deal works for me.
Old 10 Jun 2022, 14:41 (Ref:4114008)   #182
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
And the team of 10-10ths this year is #47 as we have friends on that one this year.
And an American pilot to boot. Go Algarve!
Old 10 Jun 2022, 14:43 (Ref:4114010)   #183
Jager
Rookie

Australia
Perth, Australia
Jager should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJager should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Maybe review the video again. Fassler was passing Hoshino and Hoshino moved over on him, spinning him into the wall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1F95wNdw-4
Old 10 Jun 2022, 15:09 (Ref:4114014)   #184
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jager View Post
Maybe review the video again. Fassler was passing Hoshino and Hoshino moved over on him, spinning him into the wall.

Even tho I wear Corvette Yellow tinted glasses, watching that again (and reliving the pain), Fassler crashed into the wall, not Hoshino.
Old 10 Jun 2022, 15:10 (Ref:4114015)   #185
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
BoP adjustment for Alpine. Small power bump.

https://www.autohebdo.fr/actualites/...hyperpole.html
Sandbags removed, parachute added.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ter-hyperpole/
Old 10 Jun 2022, 15:15 (Ref:4114017)   #186
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Even tho I wear Corvette Yellow tinted glasses, watching that again (and reliving the pain), Fassler crashed into the wall, not Hoshino.
Are you suggesting that Hoshino had nothing to do with it?
Old 10 Jun 2022, 15:16 (Ref:4114019)   #187
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
I wonder if they still feel that going that fast to try and get pole was worth it.....?
Old 10 Jun 2022, 15:41 (Ref:4114033)   #188
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Are you suggesting that Hoshino had nothing to do with it?
Hard to see from that replay. Did they actually make contact or did Fassler just turn right?
Old 10 Jun 2022, 16:02 (Ref:4114038)   #189
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jager View Post

Your video shows nothing

Fassler was penalised due to him moving over on Hoshino - he passed and moved over, somehow expectly the Porsche to have evaporated into thin air...
Old 10 Jun 2022, 16:08 (Ref:4114039)   #190
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I wonder if they still feel that going that fast to try and get pole was worth it.....?
I really doubt they had any hopes for pole. What they wanted was to be in front of both Glickenhauses and try to somehow survive the straights. Once getting overtaken by a Glickenhaus, it will be very difficult for them to take the position back.
Old 10 Jun 2022, 16:24 (Ref:4114043)   #191
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Odd approach for a 24 hour race.
Old 10 Jun 2022, 16:39 (Ref:4114048)   #192
tomcug
Veteran

Seems that way. But I can't think of any other reason why they put 3:24 instead of a more subtle improvement.
Old 10 Jun 2022, 17:49 (Ref:4114060)   #193
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
I really doubt they had any hopes for pole. What they wanted was to be in front of both Glickenhauses and try to somehow survive the straights. Once getting overtaken by a Glickenhaus, it will be very difficult for them to take the position back.
I disagree. It appeared to me that they really wanted it, as evidenced by the sheer joy in the radio transmission to Lapierre after the lap had just finished. Being in front of the Glicks on the grid is as we know, relatively meaningless in any endurance race, let alone this one, and if the Glicks have better straight line speed they'll probably be ahead by Mulsanne on the first lap anyway. I think they threw caution to the wind to try and get pole on the basis that they were prepared to take the risk of having their performance checked again for the glory of being on pole.
Old 10 Jun 2022, 17:53 (Ref:4114061)   #194
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Your video shows nothing

Fassler was penalised due to him moving over on Hoshino - he passed and moved over, somehow expectly the Porsche to have evaporated into thin air...
That's true, I forgot he was penalised. Although the video 'evidence' is pretty inconclusive. However, all of the other evidence from that year still suggests to me that Hoshino was out of his depth.
Old 10 Jun 2022, 17:56 (Ref:4114064)   #195
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
That's true, I forgot he was penalised. Although the video 'evidence' is pretty inconclusive. However, all of the other evidence from that year still suggests to me that Hoshino was out of his depth.
That's my memory of it
Old 10 Jun 2022, 18:08 (Ref:4114066)   #196
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Alpine found a LOT of pace in Hyperpole and that supposed 13 lap stint makes me think they'll still be there or thereabouts if they run reliably.
13 laps. They have done one 13 lap stint in all of practice. (Toyota have gone 2 and Glickenhaus 2).
All the laps were a decent time.
5x 3:31s
3x 3:32s
3x 3:34s
+ in and out laps

It looks like they can. How much fuel saving in that can’t fully tell.

Glick did two 13 lappers on test day. None since. They were slower than Alpines, with some laps clearly interrupted by slow zones or similar.
Toyota did two 13 lappers. Again both test day. Again, these included some slow laps due to flags and slow zones.

It’s looking fun.
Old 10 Jun 2022, 18:14 (Ref:4114067)   #197
tomcug
Veteran

Quote:
I think they threw caution to the wind to try and get pole on the basis that they were prepared to take the risk of having their performance checked again for the glory of being on pole.
You might be right of course. It's just that personally I don't see much glory for being on pole. It's winning the race that counts But maybe they thought that pole was all they can achieve this year and went for it
Old 10 Jun 2022, 18:17 (Ref:4114068)   #198
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No, there's plenty of glory for getting pole at Le Mans. It's meaningless as far as the race outcome is concerned and they (all) know it, but it's the picture everyone wants on the front of the newspapers and magazines.... There was a huge cheer from the stands when Lapierre set that lap.....
Old 10 Jun 2022, 18:19 (Ref:4114070)   #199
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Personally I don't see any of them planning to try and do 13 lap stints.
Old 10 Jun 2022, 18:51 (Ref:4114075)   #200
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
A decent amount of slow zone or FCY and they’re all there.

If you’ve got two cars (and it falls right) do you push with one on 12 laps and eek out that extra lap with the other?

What we don’t know is how many stints the tyres do this year.