Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Oct 2022, 02:01 (Ref:4132134)   #76
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
What a great investment by Dorlilin though, they got Williams at a fire sale price just as the value of teams shot up. If the Porsche deal goes through, I bet they double their initial investment and will still own 50% of the team.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
If it is real, it probably will be a sweet deal for Dorilton.

Richard
Old 30 Jan 2023, 17:36 (Ref:4142239)   #77
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Audi completes the purchase of an unspecified minority stake in Sauber, aka Alfa Romeo.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/a...ntry/10426102/
Old 31 Jan 2023, 04:04 (Ref:4142281)   #78
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
So now Audio (VWAG) own (partially) Alfa Romeo (stellantis) F! (Sauber).
Running cars with no materiial component engineering or R&D from either VWAudi or Stellantis

"Sauber Longbow Audi Romeo F1 Team" (SLARFT)
What a convoluted commercial world we live in

It would bee ironic or absurd if Sauber score some brilliant results or even wins with a car labeled as AR but financed by Audi. Stallantis says Thank You audi!

Last edited by bathurst77; 31 Jan 2023 at 04:16.
Old 31 Jan 2023, 09:12 (Ref:4142285)   #79
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Which might lead to Stellantis asking themselves if continued participation in F1 is worth persisting with.If the answer is affirmative,where would they go?
Old 31 Jan 2023, 13:34 (Ref:4142304)   #80
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Alfa Romeo has already announced they won't sponsor Sauber in 2024, and is considering switching to Haas.
Old 31 Jan 2023, 23:15 (Ref:4142347)   #81
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Will they actually change their minds though? What benefit is there from switching to Haas?
Old 1 Feb 2023, 01:53 (Ref:4142357)   #82
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Will they actually change their minds though? What benefit is there from switching to Haas?
Perhaps more relevant is the fact that the MoneyGram deal is a full naming rights deal and is Multi Year. Will they be happy to next year suddenly become Money Gram Alfa Romeo given they are a US based (albeit Global) business. They did say they have been looking at F1 for a while and Haas fits their profile being a US business.

Also given that the Haas Corporation are still the main sponsor / benefactor of the team will Haas be happy to continue to pump money in if it no longer has exposure of the Haas name in the team entry title. (Look at the size of the Haas branding on the 2023 car v any other backer)

Is F1 even relevant to Alfa anymore given their shift of focus to EV's?
Old 1 Feb 2023, 10:21 (Ref:4142379)   #83
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Is F1 relevant to Alfa? Considering it's a classic name, it certainly helps their brand being in F1, especially considering their success in the past. Granted that was a long time ago, but still. Also Alfa is more evocative than Sauber
Old 1 Feb 2023, 11:13 (Ref:4142380)   #84
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Is F1 relevant to Alfa? Also Alfa is more evocative than Sauber
More evocative than Audi as well.
Old 1 Feb 2023, 15:43 (Ref:4142409)   #85
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
cant speak to the level of technical input Alfa brought with them, but the branding aspect of their involvement seemed the priority and coincided with a pretty big marketing push in N.America for the Giulia (including ads during the Super Bowl) and subsequent their launch of the Stelvio Quadrifoglio the 'worlds fastest' SUV wit F1 drivers doing their marketing duties.

just my perception but it always seemed more of a marketing effort capitalizing on that long past history...and with that history being brought to the forefront again i can see how that makes it seem more evocative then the Sauber name.

but for me, my immediate or personal history with the sport does not go back to the 40s/50s so what Alfa did never really resonated with me.

for myself, Sauber is a name that has been on the grid for the last 30 years. and while they may not have enjoyed top level success those Red Bull Saubers were iconic to me and now because RB has, on its own, achieved so much success, the tangible knowledge/history that i have takes me back to those early days with Sauber and thus making that Saber name much more evocative to me.

to each their own as always, but for me i will lament the loss of the Sauber name far more than seeing the Alfa name leave the sport again.

Last edited by chillibowl; 1 Feb 2023 at 15:53. Reason: spelling
Old 1 Feb 2023, 15:52 (Ref:4142411)   #86
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

to each their own as always, but for me i will lament the loss of the Sauber
Maybe they could use a combination of the Sauber and Audi names .... like Saudi..... oh wait....
Old 1 Feb 2023, 15:54 (Ref:4142412)   #87
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Maybe they could use a combination of the Sauber and Audi names .... like Saudi..... oh wait....

milk coming out of my nose funny!
Old 1 Feb 2023, 23:28 (Ref:4142466)   #88
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
but for me, my immediate or personal history with the sport does not go back to the 40s/50s so what Alfa did never really resonated with me.
Not even with the Alfa Romeo factory team of the 1980's?
Old 2 Feb 2023, 07:35 (Ref:4142478)   #89
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
To be honest, I was nodding in agreement when reading Chilli's post (also thinking about the Sauber Sportscars too) and had completely forgotten about the F1 team in the 1980's! (Mind you, perhaps that proves how little Alfa Romeo has resonated with me anyway?)
Old 2 Feb 2023, 08:48 (Ref:4142485)   #90
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The minor impact of the Alfa Romeo effort in the 1980's wasn't so different from the equally minor Sauber results in recent years.You really have to go back to the 1950's to reach the time when they were a force to be reckoned with.I have no way of knowing what the Stellantis motorsport strategy is beyond the Peugeot hypercar programme.Within the group they have names that have a strong sporting heritage and for me the question is how much inclination they have to use it to promote their various brands.I would have thought Maserati deserves a slot in a series,given it's image and heritage,but unless they have production capacity to cope with a sales boost that seems pointless.Lancia is another brand with a sporting history and I suppose you could just about fill the entire grid with cars named after Stellantis brands.I haven't checked to see if their global business is on the same sort of scale as GM,but if GM are willing to promote the Cadillac brand,it might give the decision makers a nudge to do something if an opportunity presents itself.If the Sauber avenue is no longer available,what might that be?
Old 2 Feb 2023, 22:19 (Ref:4142563)   #91
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
must admit i am largely ignorant of their factory efforts in the 80s thus my earlier take.
Old 4 Feb 2023, 09:19 (Ref:4142608)   #92
S griffin
Veteran

To be fair their 80s team wasn't something to be proud of and never got close to repeating their success in the 50s. Considering the budget they had, they should have achieved more.
Old 8 Feb 2023, 09:26 (Ref:4143086)   #93
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Federated Audi Alfa Romeo Team Sauber f1
FAARTS F1
Old 8 Feb 2023, 22:53 (Ref:4143206)   #94
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
To be fair their 80s team wasn't something to be proud of and never got close to repeating their success in the 50s. Considering the budget they had, they should have achieved more.
The drivers probably had something to answer for too!
Old 9 Feb 2023, 13:59 (Ref:4143276)   #95
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
The drivers probably had something to answer for too!
Bit unfair I think. I do feel that Depailler's death was the biggest blow for the team. His technical skills helped a lot, after all Giacomelli nearly won in that car as a result. Would have been interesting to see how much the team would have progressed if he didn't die. Of course they did have Andretti in 81 and I think he did his best with the car, but didn't really get much luck
Old 31 Mar 2023, 20:51 (Ref:4149842)   #96
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A bit of backlash has come in the direction of Alfa Romeo after switching Stake for KICK this weekend.
The 'face' of KICK is a bit controversial to say the least.
Old 1 Apr 2023, 14:10 (Ref:4149905)   #97
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
A bit of backlash has come in the direction of Alfa Romeo after switching Stake for KICK this weekend.
The 'face' of KICK is a bit controversial to say the least.
Who is it?
Old 1 Apr 2023, 14:20 (Ref:4149908)   #98
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
Who is it?
The second biggest streamer on Kick is someone who's known for controversial views (pretty much jumping on every right wing topic of the day), breaking copyright law and promoting gambling.

Seems like a thoroughly horrible person to me. Not someone I'd expect to be seen in the paddock, although given the acceptance of thoroughly horrible people there... Who can say?
Old 2 Apr 2023, 08:14 (Ref:4150019)   #99
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
The second biggest streamer on Kick is
I still had to search that to find out that it was someone I've never heard of called Adin Ross.
Old 2 Apr 2023, 08:15 (Ref:4150021)   #100
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
The second biggest streamer on Kick is someone who's known for controversial views (pretty much jumping on every right wing topic of the day), breaking copyright law and promoting gambling.

Seems like a thoroughly horrible person to me. Not someone I'd expect to be seen in the paddock, although given the acceptance of thoroughly horrible people there... Who can say?
F1 taking money from unpleasant sources? Surely not