Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Mar 2023, 00:57 (Ref:4147239)   #151
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Only as stupid as firing all the non Italians in the post Todt / Brawn era….
Were they fired or did they simply leave of their own accord?
If the environment changes and becomes toxic you are not going to stay.
Todt organized Brawn, Schumacher and Byrne who all came from Bennetton.
When that era came to an end there is no longer any point in persisting with the incoming mentality.
The owners wanted a new régime.
Old 16 Mar 2023, 01:42 (Ref:4147240)   #152
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
And now Leclerc has a grid penalty for Jeddah.
reminder, it's race 2...
Old 16 Mar 2023, 08:32 (Ref:4147252)   #153
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Rightly Vasseur is not making a knee jerk reactions. He seems to be making sensible decisions atm
Old 16 Mar 2023, 15:39 (Ref:4147299)   #154
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Only as stupid as firing all the non Italians in the post Todt / Brawn era….

That was Ferrari's most successful era, with 5 consecutive WDCs and 6 consecutive WCCs.
Old 11 Jun 2023, 18:40 (Ref:4163247)   #155
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Amato Ferrari for team boss!
Old 12 Jun 2023, 21:57 (Ref:4163441)   #156
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Or maybe the boss of Ferrari's endurance team.
Old 13 Jun 2023, 14:27 (Ref:4163541)   #157
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
To be fair running an F1 and sportscar team are very different prospects, but in a way, the LM win did give the F1 team something to think about. However I still think Vasseur has the right ideas, just might take a bit of time.

But yeah, the idea of AF Corse running it isn't the worst idea lol
Old 13 Jun 2023, 16:32 (Ref:4163566)   #158
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Am I right in thinking that I saw Vasseur in the Ferrari pit at some time during the Le Mans week? I'm sure it was him that the cameras caught?
Old 13 Jun 2023, 19:52 (Ref:4163590)   #159
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Or maybe the boss of Ferrari's endurance team.
I’m sure if the F1 team ran under BOP like the endurance team life would be easier….
Old 14 Jun 2023, 18:21 (Ref:4163738)   #160
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Am I right in thinking that I saw Vasseur in the Ferrari pit at some time during the Le Mans week? I'm sure it was him that the cameras caught?

Source: https://autosport.nl/klasse/nieuws/3...-uit-le-mans/8
Old 24 Jul 2023, 17:49 (Ref:4169766)   #161
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
thinking about Alpine and how they seem to have two fairly evenly matched drivers who typically find themselves in the same space and time as each other...can Ferrari operate with 2 drivers who also seem to be increasingly finding themselves fighting for the same position?

or should they go back to a clear one and two format thereby alleviating themselves of these sorts of dramas, drivers calling their own strategies, drivers getting angry with the team etc whenever the two of them get anywhere close to one another?

while there will never be a consensus on the best approach to handle driver pairings there does, anecdotally at least, seem to be logic for teams that wish to succeed at the sharp end to have a much clearer hierarchy in their pairings?
Old 24 Jul 2023, 20:37 (Ref:4169792)   #162
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
or should they go back to a clear one and two format thereby alleviating themselves of these sorts of dramas, drivers calling their own strategies, drivers getting angry with the team etc whenever the two of them get anywhere close to one another?
Leclerc is the clear number one.
Old 24 Jul 2023, 20:57 (Ref:4169794)   #163
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Leclerc is the clear number one.
has anyone told Sainz that?
Old 24 Jul 2023, 21:08 (Ref:4169795)   #164
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
has anyone told Sainz that?
Can't you tell from the endless "C'mon guys" whines?
Old 24 Jul 2023, 21:22 (Ref:4169798)   #165
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Nore and more I am shifting from wantimg Leclerc to be the next Ferrari champ to thinking he really ought to move to keep his focus and reputation.

He's wasting his time there!
Old 24 Jul 2023, 21:23 (Ref:4169799)   #166
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Nore and more I am shifting from wantimg Leclerc to be the next Ferrari champ to thinking he really ought to move to keep his focus and reputation.
Supposedly Merc want him to replace LH in 2025.
Old 24 Jul 2023, 21:24 (Ref:4169800)   #167
S griffin
Veteran

Leclerc made a mistake going to Ferrari. I’m sure he’s passionate to do well for them, but he’s wasting his best years. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him move on
Old 24 Jul 2023, 21:28 (Ref:4169802)   #168
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

He's wasting his time there!

Where can he go to?
Old 24 Jul 2023, 21:34 (Ref:4169803)   #169
S griffin
Veteran

He could take a gamble. Go somewhere like Haas. The problem is for him there aren’t many other top teams that have room for him now
Old 24 Jul 2023, 21:43 (Ref:4169805)   #170
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Where can he go to?
Why wouldn't he take a big-bucks Merc offer, assuming MV stays at RB?

Merc have realised that they will likely need a real team leader when LH retires, as the jury is most definitely out on GR being able to fulfill that role.
Old 24 Jul 2023, 21:52 (Ref:4169806)   #171
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:

Merc have realised that they will likely need a real team leader when LH retires, as the jury is most definitely out on GR being able to fulfill that role.
Is LH about to move anytime soon? After both Silverstone and the Hungaroring, he seems to have his mojo back. I think Russell might have his eye on that job, after LH goes.

Maybe Alfa-Romeo/Sauber? They qualified well at Hungary, after their upgrades but that is no guarantee at this stage, though they are going to morph into Audi and that might be the incentive for Leclerc to leave Ferrari.
Old 24 Jul 2023, 21:54 (Ref:4169807)   #172
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Is LH about to move anytime soon? After both Silverstone and the Hungaroring, he seems to have his mojo back. I think Russell might have his eye on that job, after LH goes.

Maybe Alfa-Romeo/Sauber? They qualified well at Hungary, after their upgrades but that is no guarantee at this stage, though they are going to morph into Audi and that might be the incentive for Leclerc to leave Ferrari.
He’d probably only go to Merc or RB. Long shot Audi.

What GR thinks and what the team think might not be the same at all.
Old 24 Jul 2023, 22:08 (Ref:4169808)   #173
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
He’d probably only go to Merc or RB. Long shot Audi.

What GR thinks and what the team think might not be the same at all.

If he were to go to RB, I doubt they would let him compete head to head with Verstappen, unless Verstappen were to lose form and there seems to be no sign of that. It doesn't look like Hamilton, or Russell are going to leave Mercedes just yet.
Old 24 Jul 2023, 22:27 (Ref:4169812)   #174
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
If he were to go to RB, I doubt they would let him compete head to head with Verstappen, unless Verstappen were to lose form and there seems to be no sign of that. It doesn't look like Hamilton, or Russell are going to leave Mercedes just yet.
Again, the word is LH for 2024, then CL for 2025 with GR as number 2…
Old 24 Jul 2023, 23:32 (Ref:4169822)   #175
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Merc have realized that they will likely need a real team leader when LH retires, as the jury is most definitely out on GR being able to fulfill that role.
I think you are wrong.
In an English language world where most teams reside in the UK yes your UK media hyped up George in 2022, especially when the car was a dog.
But once the potential in this present car was realized with a few revisions then Hamilton giftedness began to assert itself again. Even Hamilton has commented on the pole in similar light since Saturday.

That doesn't mean George can't lead a team. He can, but a Russell Leclerc team would be like a Senna-Prost team or a Mansell-Patrese team if the car was good enough.