Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Jun 2008, 11:08 (Ref:2226792)   #1101
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario21
So is Kruse out? Or are they allowed a new chassis.
I'm going to say no unless they can't rebuild the car in time or get a new tub from England(if its damaged).
Old 12 Jun 2008, 12:40 (Ref:2226863)   #1102
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OMG. that is disgusting on the part of luchinni.
Old 12 Jun 2008, 12:55 (Ref:2226876)   #1103
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
mattcat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
In that case.......

I sincerely hope it's the last time we see Lucchini on a Le Mans entry form.......
After reading the press release by Racing Box, I think this is the last time that we will see a Lucchini on an entry form of any sort, for any series.
Old 12 Jun 2008, 15:52 (Ref:2227039)   #1104
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kruse is rebuilding the car. The tub suffered only 1 minor spot of damage and is repairable. It will be a HUGE effort by the team and I'm really pulling for them!
Old 12 Jun 2008, 15:54 (Ref:2227041)   #1105
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy
Kruse is rebuilding the car. The tub suffered only 1 minor spot of damage and is repairable. It will be a HUGE effort by the team and I'm really pulling for them!
That's one of the great things about sportscar racing. You'd never see that kind of passion in F1, would you?
Old 12 Jun 2008, 16:07 (Ref:2227053)   #1106
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As I've said elsewhere, I wish them every luck in getting that car to ther grid - if they do, I hope we hear a suitably large cheer when it is rolled into the echelon......
Old 12 Jun 2008, 23:22 (Ref:2227413)   #1107
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
That's one of the great things about sportscar racing. You'd never see that kind of passion in F1, would you?
Well, I remember reading about McLaren straightening a tub crashed by Redman at the Ring years ago, using a section of guardrail to anchor and push from, and then there was Kojima building a new chassis in the pits at Japan one year from sheets of aluminum, but, yes, this is one of the things I love about the spirit of (sportscar) racing!

robert
Old 13 Jun 2008, 06:23 (Ref:2227501)   #1108
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Allow me to rephrase - I should say modern F1!

But it's the spirit and determination to bounce back from such adversity and attrocity that always seems to shine brighter at LM, the occasion seems to bring out the best in some people.
Old 13 Jun 2008, 12:16 (Ref:2227753)   #1109
Bullett
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Bullett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope Kruse can rebuild it and get out there, I am sceptical its not going to end up like the Lambo from last year and they make more than a few laps. I hope for Simonsen's sake they can get decent pace and can make their way forward before anything goes wrong.
Old 13 Jun 2008, 16:18 (Ref:2227904)   #1110
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think what's particularly sportscar about the thrash that teams like Kruse, Creation and JMB are going through right now is that they are showing so much heart in the absence of so much budget. I don't really buy the assertion that we'd never see this sort of effort in F1 - rather, the effort is apparently mitigated by ample money and personnel. Here, independent teams with truly minuscule budgets give just as hard as a huge cabal of F1 boys. Good on them and I hope they (particularly Kruse and Stuart Hall) have everything come good on Saturday.
Old 13 Jun 2008, 16:50 (Ref:2227927)   #1111
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
I think what's particularly sportscar about the thrash that teams like Kruse, Creation and JMB are going through right now is that they are showing so much heart in the absence of so much budget. I don't really buy the assertion that we'd never see this sort of effort in F1 - rather, the effort is apparently mitigated by ample money and personnel. Here, independent teams with truly minuscule budgets give just as hard as a huge cabal of F1 boys. Good on them and I hope they (particularly Kruse and Stuart Hall) have everything come good on Saturday.
I think you've said it better than me - I don't mean there isn't effort in F1, likewise with the passion, but at Le Mans it is so much more apparent, particularly given the budgetary restraints of the privateers.
Old 13 Jun 2008, 18:31 (Ref:2227984)   #1112
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Le Mans seems to have this undeniable romance about it, something F1, even at Monaco, now lacks. It is the reason why I don't particularly care to catch F1 a couple of hours from home, but I hope to fly across the Atlantic to France one June just to be there and feel it...

Anyway, tangents aside things are looking good for the KSM boys - glad to see Allan Simonsen should indeed get his shot at a P2 car.
Old 14 Jun 2008, 05:41 (Ref:2228206)   #1113
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk

Anyway, tangents aside things are looking good for the KSM boys - glad to see Allan Simonsen should indeed get his shot at a P2 car.
Yeah lets give it up for the poor KSM boys, they have together with Lola worked like H.. all night through, to give their drivers something to drive.!!

Looking forward to see, what Allan can do in a P2 car