Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 13 Dec 2007, 00:01 (Ref:2087585)   #26
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
stradlin21 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/42051/

here is Robin Miller's views, he seems to think that losing Tracy will be a big blow

rumour is at the moment (and backed up by Miller) is that Tony George might be interested in putting PT in a Vision car next season alongside his step son

interesting
Old 13 Dec 2007, 00:22 (Ref:2087594)   #27
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stradlin21
rumour is at the moment (and backed up by Miller) is that Tony George might be interested in putting PT in a Vision car next season alongside his step son
Do you mean backed up in that article, as cant find it in the article.

I did find Miller's idea of PT at NHL as a good one though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC
At some point the person has to either retire or find a new challenge if not within the series than in a different one.
Do you think this applies to PT, John
Old 13 Dec 2007, 00:30 (Ref:2087596)   #28
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not 100 percent convinced (although it's just December) that N/H/L will be running in CC next year.
Old 13 Dec 2007, 02:35 (Ref:2087625)   #29
Tony Clifton
Racer

Tony Clifton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Robin Miller 100%.
Old 13 Dec 2007, 04:49 (Ref:2087656)   #30
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by indycool
I'm not 100 percent convinced (although it's just December) that N/H/L will be running in CC next year.
Really, how so? Why would you say that?
Old 13 Dec 2007, 05:15 (Ref:2087663)   #31
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really don't know, mountainstar. You hafta add up a lot of things to make it a possibility, not even a probability. If Newman retires....Lanigan has always been close to the Hulman-George family and has maintained his suite at Indy and he and Haas went in with Mari Hulman George for Kyle Krisiloff's one-season Busch deal....Haas has been back to Indy twice before during the split....the issues of Ralph Hansen, one of the top sponsor-seekers in the game, selling a sponsorship that does or does not include Indy...the issues with CC. And I've thought it was a possibility the last couple years and I know Haas had at least one serious conversation about it before the 2007 season. And that's a team that stays VERY quiet. I doubt if I know, or BELIEVE I know, which way that team's going to go much before they show up at either Homestead or Long Beach.
Old 13 Dec 2007, 07:14 (Ref:2087698)   #32
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by indycool
I really don't know, mountainstar. You hafta add up a lot of things to make it a possibility, not even a probability. If Newman retires....Lanigan has always been close to the Hulman-George family and has maintained his suite at Indy and he and Haas went in with Mari Hulman George for Kyle Krisiloff's one-season Busch deal....Haas has been back to Indy twice before during the split....the issues of Ralph Hansen, one of the top sponsor-seekers in the game, selling a sponsorship that does or does not include Indy...the issues with CC. And I've thought it was a possibility the last couple years and I know Haas had at least one serious conversation about it before the 2007 season. And that's a team that stays VERY quiet. I doubt if I know, or BELIEVE I know, which way that team's going to go much before they show up at either Homestead or Long Beach.
So it's just a wild guess. They are not going anywhere.

Lanigan may be close to the georges but not close enough to switch his Mi Jack backing from the irl to CART in 2002 and buy Houston and Cleveland. I doubt he would underpin his 2 races by pulling his own race team out.

Haas has the panoz distributorship for dp 01 parts. The krisiloff deal is over.

I don't know what you have there that is solid. It's easier to say Rahal may not turn up in the irl next year with their issues.
Old 13 Dec 2007, 08:24 (Ref:2087721)   #33
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
let me say this, and you can come back with what you like

i have a good friend that works for an IRL team and he assures me that Carl Haas HAS purchased several IRL chassis in view of starting a team

Haas of course will deny it but I know who I believe
Old 13 Dec 2007, 11:02 (Ref:2087833)   #34
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
[

Old 13 Dec 2007, 11:04 (Ref:2087835)   #35
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
let me say this, and you can come back with what you like

i have a good friend that works for an IRL team and he assures me that Carl Haas HAS purchased several IRL chassis in view of starting a team

Haas of course will deny it but I know who I believe
IF Haas wanted to race IRL he would have split up with Paul and Lanigan by now and formed his plans then bought chassis, not just bought chassis for fun of it. plus that rumor 2 months back was strongly denied.
Old 13 Dec 2007, 11:07 (Ref:2087839)   #36
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
The quote, D.R.T. is a bit out of context.

PT showed, once he recovered from the back injury that he still can pedal and he still wants to be in the series. If he still has the speed, and still wants to be the only driver most folks have heard of (and that includes when Bourdais was in) then he is still an asset to CC.

Or should be.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 13 Dec 2007, 11:13 (Ref:2087846)   #37
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
And you all laughed when Mikey Andretti hinted he might defect….

And look what happened there…
Old 13 Dec 2007, 11:17 (Ref:2087849)   #38
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
IF Haas wanted to race IRL he would have split up with Paul and Lanigan by now and formed his plans then bought chassis, not just bought chassis for fun of it. plus that rumor 2 months back was strongly denied.
You’ve got to be less naïve Luke

Haas just isn’t going to say, “oh I’ve bought a load of IRL equipment”

Of course he will just deny it

I firmly believe (and so do many others, Curt Cavin has hinted at it) that Haas owns a lot of IRL equipment
Old 13 Dec 2007, 11:19 (Ref:2087853)   #39
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
Quote:

PT showed, once he recovered from the back injury that he still can pedal and he still wants to be in the series. If he still has the speed, and still wants to be the only driver most folks have heard of (and that includes when Bourdais was in) then he is still an asset to CC.

Or should be.
Miller sums things up pretty well

Of course it will be a major blow to champ car if PT leaves, anyone who says otherwise is not being honest, which is too bad

And like Miller says, Forsythe has pretty much funded that team on his own since Players left and how long will he put up with that?
Old 13 Dec 2007, 11:36 (Ref:2087863)   #40
blaarg
Racer

blaarg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You’ve got to be less naïve Luke

Haas just isn’t going to say, “oh I’ve bought a load of IRL equipment”

Of course he will just deny it

I firmly believe (and so do many others, Curt Cavin has hinted at it) that Haas owns a lot of IRL equipment
Haas owns a-lot of IRL equipment or chassis? or is it both?

Why did you change your story?
Old 13 Dec 2007, 11:39 (Ref:2087867)   #41
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Not speaking for Stradlin here, but it seems that "equipment" is also a word that could be used for "chassis."
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 13 Dec 2007, 11:48 (Ref:2087870)   #42
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

PT showed, once he recovered from the back injury that he still can pedal and he still wants to be in the series.
I find it amazing about how a past champion can be so instrumental to the future of one series, but another situation where a multiple champion leaves, its a sign of the future and no big deal.

But hey maybe thats what being equally pessimistic is.

On the other topic, Haas has reportedly been going to the IRL every year since 2003, so I am not sure how much weight we should currently hold in Indycool's 'dreams'.

On the actual topic, I agree that PT should be in the series. Forsythe is acting ridiculous and lets hope that these two guys can sought out the situation asap.

On a side note, Millers brief description of Forsythes actions regarding Monster Energy is puzzling.
Old 13 Dec 2007, 11:49 (Ref:2087871)   #43
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
Quote:
Not speaking for Stradlin here, but it seems that "equipment" is also a word that could be used for "chassis."
your correct John

i apologise to all the pedants for that slip of the keyboard

Last edited by marcus; 14 Dec 2007 at 04:25.
Old 13 Dec 2007, 11:51 (Ref:2087873)   #44
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
I find it amazing about how a past champion can be so instrumental to the future of one series, but another situation where a multiple champion leaves, its a sign of the future and no big deal.

But hey maybe thats what being equally pessimistic is.

On the other topic, Haas has reportedly been going to the IRL every year since 2003, so I am not sure how much weight we should currently hold in Indycool's 'dreams'.

On the actual topic, I agree that PT should be in the series. Forsythe is acting ridiculous and lets hope that these two guys can sought out the situation asap.

On a side note, Millers brief description of Forsythes actions regarding Monster Energy is puzzling.
the difference is that the IRL has the likes of Castroneves, Kanaan, Dixon, Wheldon, dare I say it, Danica Patrick and an Andretti and Foyt name

it has other stars and without Tracy and Seabass Champ Car simply doesn't have that
Old 13 Dec 2007, 11:55 (Ref:2087876)   #45
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
the difference is that the IRL has the likes of Castroneves, Kanaan, Dixon, Wheldon, dare I say it, Danica Patrick and an Andretti and Foyt name
Outside of (Patrick), massive names arent they to the American public

But anyway lets get back on topic.
Old 13 Dec 2007, 11:56 (Ref:2087877)   #46
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
Stradlin, how can you say that when CC has Paul Martinez and Alex Figge????

I would wager that Helio has a teensy bit more name recognition than Bourdais, right about now...and that is what this is about. Without Tracy, this series has no name recognition - just seat-warmers.

Plus, there is the whole question about how one treats the driver with the name recognition...

Last edited by JohnSSC; 13 Dec 2007 at 11:58.
Old 13 Dec 2007, 12:00 (Ref:2087879)   #47
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
Quote:
Stradlin, how can you say that when CC has Paul Martinez and Alex Figge????

I would wager that Helio has a teensy bit more name recognition than Bourdais, right about now...
oh yes, Figge! how could I forget!
Old 13 Dec 2007, 12:01 (Ref:2087881)   #48
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
Outside of (Patrick), massive names arent they to the American public

But anyway lets get back on topic.
compared to what Champ Car has minus PT they are A-List stars
Old 13 Dec 2007, 12:04 (Ref:2087883)   #49
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Without Tracy, this series has no name recognition.
Lets hope Tracy stays then. I know how much you would hate for him to leave John.

Rahal in his second season should hopefully generate more attention. The development of Wilson as a more regular race winner, Bobby Doornbos a seasoned ChampCar driver and Will Power returning should development of more name recognition amongst America's sporting population to the lofty heights of Kannan, Dixon and Wheldon.
Old 13 Dec 2007, 12:14 (Ref:2087894)   #50
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
And you all laughed when Mikey Andretti hinted he might defect….

And look what happened there…
I never laughed when there were rumors he'd follow the Honda $.