Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 Jul 2020, 21:50 (Ref:3988109)   #2651
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Ask them again. When I renewed they gave me a new number. I pestered them for a week asking for my old number back because I've been a member for 23 years... Eventually they said they could do it. Card has now arrived and it's correct. They also sent me three issues of Spirit of Le Mans for being a member for so long..... Ask for Marine or Helene.
I'll just give it a rest for now, I 've been on the phone for the last few weeks to 'renew' my tickets from june to september (long story from several tickets to only one) wich was not possible until today.
I do have to say, everyone I spoke to at ACO was helpfull and very kind.
So happy I can attend in september, fingers crossed.
Old 13 Jul 2020, 22:05 (Ref:3988111)   #2652
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good news, cross your toes as well.....
Old 13 Jul 2020, 22:32 (Ref:3988114)   #2653
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
And your ears
Old 13 Jul 2020, 23:47 (Ref:3988119)   #2654
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Why are cans confiscated????
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
No actual booze ban just glass,
They made it a booze ban 2 or 3 years ago? It was not in a glass bottle, for the glass bottle reason. We were walking in (not in a campsite). It was at the big entrance by the last tram stop. Not Tetre Rouge where we’ve never had a problem!

Obviously many, especially those that drive into campsites, take it in. Indeed we’ve achieved it too, just bury it deeper in bag!

Last edited by Adam43; 13 Jul 2020 at 23:52.
Old 13 Jul 2020, 23:48 (Ref:3988120)   #2655
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Over the years i think that i have seen everything served in the campsites, G & T is certainly popular with some, cold beer with others cheap warm red wine with some (me).
I’m cool with all of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
There's two kinds these days, G&T Pro and G&T Am
Old 14 Jul 2020, 05:55 (Ref:3988138)   #2656
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I know that the ACO tries hard to stop large quantities of booze being taken into the circuit for obviously but never experienced them stopping you taking it into the campsite, except when in glass bottles.
It was not that long ago when the spectator area's would be littered with the small glass beer beer bottles and by the sunday there would be cover the area in ffrontt of the fences. The ban was to be honest a good thing safety wise.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 09:15 (Ref:3988151)   #2657
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well after say i had not had my card yet, this morning two letters from the ACO, both containing new card and two window stickers. Oh well Helen can have one for this year.
However noticed the card says member since 2011, pretty sure i have been a member longer than that but checked some old cards and they say the same.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 10:12 (Ref:3988161)   #2658
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Well after say i had not had my card yet, this morning two letters from the ACO, both containing new card and two window stickers. Oh well Helen can have one for this year.
However noticed the card says member since 2011, pretty sure i have been a member longer than that but checked some old cards and they say the same.
Same here - two envelopes, two cards, still the same number and member since 1997 is correct !!
Old 14 Jul 2020, 10:59 (Ref:3988174)   #2659
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I had two cards sent to me about 3 years ago. Both exactly the same....
Old 14 Jul 2020, 13:56 (Ref:3988226)   #2660
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I think things are pretty much confused at the ACO at the present time
Old 14 Jul 2020, 16:56 (Ref:3988248)   #2661
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think things are pretty much confused at the ACO at the present time
Plus ca change!

We've had our tunnel booked for months - just moved it from the original date and then still have our tickets..

At the moment we're going over on the Wednesday - so not too worried about things in terms of days and timing quite yet.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 17:24 (Ref:3988253)   #2662
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I had two cards sent to me about 3 years ago. Both exactly the same....
They sent me three last year (no kidding!)
Old 14 Jul 2020, 17:57 (Ref:3988259)   #2663
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
They sent me three last year (no kidding!)
You managed to out do us again Chrisopher, see you in 2021. Look out for us on the tv coverage, we will of course raise a socially distance drink to you at the meeting.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 19:58 (Ref:3988285)   #2664
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
You managed to out do us again Chrisopher, see you in 2021. Look out for us on the tv coverage, we will of course raise a socially distance drink to you at the meeting.
Bless you Simon, while you are all meeting, I guess in masks and at a safe distance from each other, I will be 500 km to the south, probably attending the local market. I'll try and find a cafe where I can raise a glass to you all
Hopefully the ACO will be streaming the race.
Old 20 Aug 2020, 06:33 (Ref:3996592)   #2665
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well if you have lost your copy of the Steve Mcqueen Le mans film, it will be shown on BBC2 at 3.15 sunday afternoon. Will be watching the btcc at oulton park but have set the video recorder anyway.
Old 20 Aug 2020, 14:24 (Ref:3996670)   #2666
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I have the DVD still but I think I also have it on VHS somewhere! (Nothing to play that on though!
Old 20 Aug 2020, 14:29 (Ref:3996673)   #2667
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i still have the old VHS player but must admit not used it in longer than i can remember, i think i have the film on vhs and dvd as well. But will probably watch it on BBC during the bits between the BTCC races
Old 20 Aug 2020, 14:54 (Ref:3996681)   #2668
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I also notice they are showing an old Muddy Talker documentary after
Old 30 Aug 2020, 07:54 (Ref:3998819)   #2669
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well currently watching 24 hour racing live from le mans, in case people want to see the place they are missing, live coverage of 24h motos on eurosport2
Weather there looks pretty horrid, cold and wet so glad i am not camping there this weekend
Old 30 Aug 2020, 09:37 (Ref:3998832)   #2670
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, it was pretty grim at Paul Ricard yesterday. Sadly for me, bikes have no allure...
Old 30 Aug 2020, 09:57 (Ref:3998840)   #2671
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
But it was good to see the circuit, and spot parts of the circuit i would normally be standing to watch the cars
Old 30 Aug 2020, 11:05 (Ref:3998853)   #2672
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Torture.....
Old 30 Aug 2020, 14:31 (Ref:3998930)   #2673
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Well, it was pretty grim at Paul Ricard yesterday. Sadly for me, bikes have no allure...
Nevertheless!!!!
Old 31 Aug 2020, 07:48 (Ref:3999162)   #2674
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Well currently watching 24 hour racing live from le mans, in case people want to see the place they are missing, live coverage of 24h motos on eurosport2
Weather there looks pretty horrid, cold and wet so glad i am not camping there this weekend
Was on my way to Bretagne via Rouen. Weather was indeed horrid on route, although it improved massively when I arrived.
Seeing Alencon and Le Mans on the signs while not heading in that direction was strange.
Old 31 Aug 2020, 09:38 (Ref:3999175)   #2675
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Was on my way to Bretagne via Rouen. Weather was indeed horrid on route, although it improved massively when I arrived.
Seeing Alencon and Le Mans on the signs while not heading in that direction was strange.
Have fun on your rather different holiday Vince, hopefully i will see you soon, still have your BBC dvd's sitting on my shelf waiting for you to be allowed to collect them.