Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 Sep 2013, 19:20 (Ref:3307671)   #1
Bess
Rookie

Bess should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans:3D

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but couldn't find it on any threads.

http://www.screendaily.com/news/kale...054676.article

The producer of Senna is making a 3D documentary based on the 2014 Le Mans race, they did a lot of test filming at the race this year and the film is due for release January 2015.

Also...hi fellow forumers! I've lurked for a while...decided to step up and join properly.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 19:22 (Ref:3307674)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome Bess. I can't read any more there as I'm not a subscriber - but it sounds interesting!
Old 22 Sep 2013, 19:24 (Ref:3307676)   #3
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Hi Bess, welcome to the forum!
Not a repost AFAIC, and definitely something I am gonna watch! Thanks for the heads-up!
Old 22 Sep 2013, 19:44 (Ref:3307695)   #4
Bess
Rookie

Bess should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah sorry...neither am I, and the link won't work for me any more!

More details available here too...

http://kaleidoscopefilmdistribution....-3D&origin=New
Old 22 Sep 2013, 20:09 (Ref:3307715)   #5
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
(Can't read that link either.)

Quote:
KALEIDOSCOPE REVS UP LE MANS 3D
7th May 2013

Sales on the upcoming motor racing documentary to begin at Cannes.

The UK’s Kaleidoscope Film Distribution, in partnership with New Black Films, is to represent new 3D theatrical feature, Le Mans: 3D (working title) and will begin sales of worldwide rights at the Marché du Film in Cannes next week.

The documentary, shot using 4k 3D cameras, will tell the inside story of the lead up to the 2014 race and the race itself.

The team behind the film include Man On Wire co-producer and Senna line producer Victoria Gregory and Emmy-nominated director James Erskine.

Test footage will be available to view for the first time at Kaleidoscope’s booth in Cannes, where the title will be announced. Delivery is scheduled for January 2015.
http://kaleidoscopefilmdistribution....-3D&origin=New

Last edited by deggis; 22 Sep 2013 at 20:18.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 20:14 (Ref:3307720)   #6
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Looks like the other producer (Erskine) has made (directed-produced) a couple of sports docs, and at least two of them were critically received pretty well:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/one_night_in_turin/
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/from_the_ashes_2011/
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_...he_sexes_2013/

Last edited by deggis; 22 Sep 2013 at 20:22.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 21:07 (Ref:3307778)   #7
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Might finally forced me to get a 3D TV. Excited to see this.
Old 23 Sep 2013, 10:13 (Ref:3308077)   #8
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That sounds pretty cool!
Old 23 Sep 2013, 12:42 (Ref:3308153)   #9
TimRTC
Racer

TimRTC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets just hope it is a good race!

Sounds interesting, although considering how open teams are these days about the build-up to the event and the excellent TV coverage, I wonder if they will be able to bring anything new or unseen to the table.

I think it would be interesting to focus on some of the smaller P2 and GT squads and their struggles which are less commonly seen. Perhaps a few cameras in race control and the marshal's posts would provide an unusual view of proceedings, even some focus on the travelling fans.
Old 23 Sep 2013, 13:49 (Ref:3308166)   #10
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will it be available in 2D?
Old 23 Sep 2013, 14:07 (Ref:3308178)   #11
TimRTC
Racer

TimRTC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
Will it be available in 2D?
At this time, all 3D Blu-Ray discs include a 2D version, on the same disc or separately. Since 3D technology is a long way from becoming mainstream let alone universal, we are unlikely to see exclusive 3D releases any time soon.

So 99% chance yes. Although I'm hoping it will play in the cinema so I can see it in big 3D...
Old 23 Sep 2013, 21:12 (Ref:3308375)   #12
deggis
Veteran

Finland
I'm doubtful what the 3D will exactly add to this (or to docs generally, unless the subject is something a lot more special like underwater filming, underground caves, space or other nature stuff).

The recent Isle of Man doc Closer to the Edge was "a 3D movie", but I've read there are only few parts really usefully made in 3D.

Interestingly reaction feels like "a doc about Le Mans, again?", since there has been a few low budget ones. The one about Rollcentre (or were there two) and then of course Truth in 24, but I really see that one as an extended Audi commercial.

Last edited by deggis; 23 Sep 2013 at 21:28.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 21:12 (Ref:3308912)   #13
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Closer to the Edge is fantastic, I have never seen it in 3D and I can't imagine what it would add.
Old 26 Sep 2013, 12:10 (Ref:3309578)   #14
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
Closer to the Edge is fantastic, I have never seen it in 3D and I can't imagine what it would add.
Yeah you don't need to be in 3D for the scenes in the back of Guy Martin's van.
Old 2 Jun 2015, 17:57 (Ref:3544271)   #15
deggis
Veteran

Finland
This isn't a dead project: infact they're only now filming.

https://www.facebook.com/lemans3dfilm
https://twitter.com/lemans3d

http://www.reddit.com/r/wec/comments...ans_3d/crssmem

Last edited by deggis; 2 Jun 2015 at 18:03.
Old 2 Jun 2015, 17:58 (Ref:3544274)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Excellent!
Old 2 Jun 2015, 18:10 (Ref:3544285)   #17
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Will they only film the two first hours ?
Old 2 Jun 2015, 19:49 (Ref:3544308)   #18
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 2 Jun 2015, 21:02 (Ref:3544333)   #19
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought the Senna documentary was done well and hope that they can do a descent job of capturing the allure and importance of Le Mans. So much can be done to tell the story of Le Mans. We all know there are so many facets to it which vary greatly between individuals and teams.
Old 3 Jun 2015, 10:25 (Ref:3544487)   #20
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is this the same film as AMR were shooting a week or two ago, or they up to something on a solo basis?! That was definitely 3D.
Old 12 Jun 2015, 13:32 (Ref:3547961)   #21
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great to read this is still in the works: well produced Le Mans DVD's are always welcome!
Old 12 Jun 2015, 13:49 (Ref:3547982)   #22
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Saw this the other day and couldn't believe it had escaped me. Looking forward to it.
Old 15 Jun 2015, 10:34 (Ref:3550677)   #23
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Has anyone noticed the odd camera travellings in the start/finish straight ?
Old 15 Jun 2015, 10:49 (Ref:3550680)   #24
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They had a camera down at Indianapolis at the crack of dawn and on the inside of Arnage during the night. They must have hours upon hours of footage, possibly even a week's worth with all the stuff they've filmed in the build-up. From memory, they're following Audi, Toyota, Porsche, Nissan, Rebellion and AMR. They certainly did some filming of AMR and Rebellion testing in France, and I know they had a large presence on Test Day.

I'm really, really excited by the prospect of this. Lots of documentaries in recent years have been good attempts but always fall short for one reason or another, with the exception of Truth in 24 - but even then, I think that resonates the strongest with the people who were actually there or follow the sport closely, because we got to see a side of a famous team which we hadn't seen before. This, on the other hand, is about transmitting the magic of Le Mans to the masses - if they do even half the job they did with Senna, we're onto a winner. I've watched that film with housemates who actively despise Formula One who were completely transfixed from start to finish.

It's easy to underestimate the impact the Steve McQueen film has had on the race and its international flavour and importance, but there was a generation of viewers who watched that film and said "I simply HAVE to go there one day!!" My dad was one of them, and my passion for the event owes everything to that. I wouldn't have discovered it otherwise. But we need a new 'something' for the next generation - look around the spectator bankings at Le Mans and especially in the campsites and there is a notable lack of fans from younger generations. I've got high hopes that this film could be my generation's answer to Steve McQueen's Le Mans.
Old 15 Jun 2015, 10:59 (Ref:3550691)   #25
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Has anyone noticed the odd camera travellings in the start/finish straight ?
During the Wednesday pitwalk the #17 Porsche was pulled out of the garage and Webber was filmed with a 3D camera standing in front of the car and slowly suiting up. I was filming with my phone instead of the huge cameras these guys used.