Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Aug 2019, 14:03 (Ref:3922189)   #26
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry I spoke
Old 10 Aug 2019, 16:55 (Ref:3922206)   #27
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Everyone has a home GP.
I thought all F1 drivers homes were in Monaco?.
Old 10 Aug 2019, 18:35 (Ref:3922218)   #28
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Only when they talk to the tax man. Yup, of course that's where I live, what you think I want to go back to ______ and your taxes?
Old 10 Aug 2019, 19:10 (Ref:3922222)   #29
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Unless your Swiss bank accounts necessitate otherwise.
Old 10 Aug 2019, 19:11 (Ref:3922223)   #30
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Does it really matter? It's like children in a nursery on here sometimes.. Just put an orange shirt/skirt, (whatever you're into) on.. It cost £8,000,000 for Jos to have them made in China and handed out at each GP this year...
Old 10 Aug 2019, 19:15 (Ref:3922224)   #31
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is that true? Nice promotion.
Old 10 Aug 2019, 19:39 (Ref:3922228)   #32
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Would I tell porkies Adam?
Old 11 Aug 2019, 04:00 (Ref:3922259)   #33
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not doubting you, more I’d like to know more.

Although maybe you lie all the time.

It’s the first time I’ve heard that.
Old 11 Aug 2019, 07:58 (Ref:3922269)   #34
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
You mean all the MV fans in orange aren’t wearing the official AM/RB €40 tee shirts?
Old 11 Aug 2019, 08:46 (Ref:3922274)   #35
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Does it really matter? It's like children in a nursery on here sometimes.. Just put an orange shirt/skirt, (whatever you're into) on.. It cost £8,000,000 for Jos to have them made in China and handed out at each GP this year...
I buy out of China all the time , that equates to 32 million tee shirts?! Thats more tee shirts than there are Dutch people..... file under BS I reckon
Old 11 Aug 2019, 09:11 (Ref:3922276)   #36
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
I buy out of China all the time , that equates to 32 million tee shirts?! Thats more tee shirts than there are Dutch people..... file under BS I reckon
Don't forget the Belgians!
Old 11 Aug 2019, 11:50 (Ref:3922282)   #37
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Yes. Let's come full circle.

Seriously, great thread. Too bad we are fighting to claim or disavow "ownership" of Max. I can confidently say he is not American. I do find this discussion amusing. Many Americans will proudly say they are an American plus tout their family heritage. I for one have significant Italian heritage via my mother's side. So both Austin and Monza are my home GPs.

Richard
Old 11 Aug 2019, 12:19 (Ref:3922287)   #38
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sadly that mean Jos has still over ordered by 3 million.....
Old 11 Aug 2019, 13:13 (Ref:3922289)   #39
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Sadly that mean Jos has still over ordered by 3 million.....
Those are going to Austrians!
Old 11 Aug 2019, 13:18 (Ref:3922290)   #40
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Yes. Let's come full circle.

Seriously, great thread. Too bad we are fighting to claim or disavow "ownership" of Max. I can confidently say he is not American. I do find this discussion amusing. Many Americans will proudly say they are an American plus tout their family heritage. I for one have significant Italian heritage via my mother's side. So both Austin and Monza are my home GPs.

Richard
We have a similar situation with sports stars in the UK.

Hamilton is British when he wins, but English when he doesn't (from a Scottish perspective).
Rory McIlroy is Irish or British depending on the contest.
English cricketers come from Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland. But Scottish, Welsh, Northern Irish and Irish cricketers only come from those countries.
Old 11 Aug 2019, 13:38 (Ref:3922291)   #41
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
We have a similar situation with sports stars in the UK.

Hamilton is British when he wins, but English when he doesn't (from a Scottish perspective).
Rory McIlroy is Irish or British depending on the contest.
I’ve started to think that this doesn’t really happen. Maybe it used to? My theory is people just notice it when it supports this view, but don’t when it doesn’t.

Besides, Lewis is American when he loses

Quote:
English cricketers come from Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland. But Scottish, Welsh, Northern Irish and Irish cricketers only come from those countries.
Off topic: I don’t know the eligibility rules, but assume they are like rugby? One thing is the England team is technically the England and Wales cricket team.
And here’s to Eoin Morgan
Old 11 Aug 2019, 14:40 (Ref:3922295)   #42
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I’ve started to think that this doesn’t really happen. Maybe it used to? My theory is people just notice it when it supports this view, but don’t when it doesn’t.

Besides, Lewis is American when he loses

Off topic: I don’t know the eligibility rules, but assume they are like rugby? One thing is the England team is technically the England and Wales cricket team.
And here’s to Eoin Morgan
The cricket eligibility is all a bit confusing.

Morgan is English because of his mother. (Interesting in the context of this thread).

The ICC determines eligibility and it is based on membership. Scottish and Irish cricketers are no longer eligible to play for England as their own nations are members.
The West Indies is not a single nation, but a collective.

A similar confusion exists around membership of the IOC compared to FIFA/PGA when it comes to Olympic representation.

And a whole can of worms when you consider that Jersey, Guernsey, N.Ireland etc are not part of Great Britain, but compete as Team GB!
Old 11 Aug 2019, 14:48 (Ref:3922296)   #43
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
At least the nationality of Red Bull is clear - unlike 10 years ago!
Old 11 Aug 2019, 15:10 (Ref:3922297)   #44
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
4 t-shirts for a 1 pound...thats a serious deal. Always buy in bulk!

But the number of shirts aside, how hard would it be to fill an entire grandstand at every race with one driver's supporters who all happen to be wearing the same shirt?

Kinda makes more sense that everyone in that grandstand had a free tee waiting for them in their seat no?
Old 11 Aug 2019, 16:16 (Ref:3922302)   #45
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
Liking this thread...some great replies re the orange Dutch/Belgian shirts and those that don't know/aren't sure..

Some super serious people out there...
Old 11 Aug 2019, 16:28 (Ref:3922304)   #46
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
4 t-shirts for a 1 pound...thats a serious deal. Always buy in bulk!

But the number of shirts aside, how hard would it be to fill an entire grandstand at every race with one driver's supporters who all happen to be wearing the same shirt?

Kinda makes more sense that everyone in that grandstand had a free tee waiting for them in their seat no?

What you do is permit the spectators free entrance to the grandstand on the proviso that they wear the specified tee-shirt. In fact, not dissimilar to many of the non-motor racing countries that host GPs bussing in hundreds of itinerants to fill grandstands just to improve the visual pictures in the media.
Old 11 Aug 2019, 17:12 (Ref:3922311)   #47
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Old 11 Aug 2019, 18:27 (Ref:3922323)   #48
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Probably just as well British American Racing never won a race, we probably have ended up with God Save the Stripes!
Old 11 Aug 2019, 21:18 (Ref:3922344)   #49
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!

Max (or at least the Verstappen family) is from the southern province Limburg. According to many in Holland people from this province are Germans.
Old 11 Aug 2019, 22:36 (Ref:3922348)   #50
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Max (or at least the Verstappen family) is from the southern province Limburg. According to many in Holland people from this province are Germans.
Tread lightly! We are one step from discussing the demographics of Belgium!

Richard