Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 15 Jun 2022, 20:57 (Ref:4115817)   #26
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
"it's not about money it's about sending a message"

if ACO lets acura teams enter LM, in future many other teams will be asking to enter LM without getting involved in WEC.

No Acuras @ LM in 2023 as officially stated already by WTR and MSR. Maybe in 2024 but it would need approval from Japan and perhaps more importantly, additional backing to run a WEC campaign as neither of the teams are full factory efforts like Penske - just heavily factory (HPD) supported.
Old 15 Jun 2022, 23:01 (Ref:4115825)   #27
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
No Acuras @ LM in 2023 as officially stated already by WTR and MSR. Maybe in 2024 but it would need approval from Japan and perhaps more importantly, additional backing to run a WEC campaign as neither of the teams are full factory efforts like Penske - just heavily factory (HPD) supported.

Yes, hpd already confirmed that msr and wrt won't be at LM next year. Anyway, excluding the full work backed 3 years penske program, HPD supplies cars and technical support but it usually doesn't give any budget/financial support to the teams using arx cars.
I don't think will be required any approval from japan... it's more about msr and/or wtr being able to put together some extra budget to run at LM in 2024.
Old 16 Jun 2022, 18:40 (Ref:4115946)   #28
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Yes, hpd already confirmed that msr and wrt won't be at LM next year. Anyway, excluding the full work backed 3 years penske program, HPD supplies cars and technical support but it usually doesn't give any budget/financial support to the teams using arx cars.
I don't think will be required any approval from japan... it's more about msr and/or wtr being able to put together some extra budget to run at LM in 2024.

Here it disagrees with your last line of thought:

Quote:
A Honda spokesperson told Sportscar365 that a run at Le Mans with the newly revealed Acura ARX-06 was “never in the cards” for next year and that every discussion has been focused on 2024 if Honda Motor Company agrees.

Any international sports car program would need to get the green-light from Japan, as was the case with HPD’s most recent effort in the FIA World Endurance Championship in 2012-13 with the HPD ARX-03c LMP1 car.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...da-acura-lmdh/
Old 16 Jun 2022, 19:50 (Ref:4115956)   #29
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ok, or to better say, let's wait how things will evolve in 2024 but In general, I think you're misinterpreting this sentence:

" Any international sports car program would need to get the green-light from Japan, as was the case with HPD’s most recent effort in the FIA World Endurance Championship in 2012-13 with the HPD ARX-03c LMP1 car."

to me you're just reading: "HPD teams go to LM if HPD decides they go to LM"

that's not that simple. I mean, of course japanese HQ honda is the one that decides which racing/sport programs green-light because each involved company like italian JAS (wtcc, nsx gt3) jap/spanish repsol HRC (motoGP) american HPD (indy and IMSA) japanese HRC (superGT, superformula) jap/UK mugen (? I actually don't know if mugen UK is still involved in something like btcc) receive the budget from japanese HQ honda. So, speaking about IMSA and arx program, is clear that is HQ honda the one that decided to greenlight the acura lmdh program.
But arx teams, as far I remember never got any aut aut from HPD in the past... the only absolute thing is that it's HPD to pick teams and not the reverse, but racing programs it's up to the teams financial possibilities... back in 2011-2013 period, highcroft racing was HPD ALMS team, they received the new arx-01e but they had to retire just after sebring because they had no budget and HPD didn't throw them a penny. I recall JRM 2012 WEC program was some kind of last minute decided program probably backed mainly by brabham and chandock. Picket racing was the HPD team in 2012-2013 ALMS and more than once they expressed interest on running at LM but they never had enough budget and of course never received any flight ticket from HPD.
I think is the same for actual msr and wtr teams, I meah the matter is simple..
HPD: do you want to go to LM?
wtr/msr: yes
HPD: good, nothing against, save some money, bye.

This time HPD ruled out a 2023 LM in advance... won't be surprised if this is because of shortage of supply and spare parts for the first season. But in any case, it's all about 2024.
Old 16 Jun 2022, 20:03 (Ref:4115960)   #30
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
ok, or to better say, let's wait how things will evolve in 2024 but In general, I think you're misinterpreting this sentence:

" Any international sports car program would need to get the green-light from Japan, as was the case with HPD’s most recent effort in the FIA World Endurance Championship in 2012-13 with the HPD ARX-03c LMP1 car."

to me you're just reading: "HPD teams go to LM if HPD decides they go to LM"

that's not that simple. I mean, of course japanese HQ honda is the one that decides which racing/sport programs green-light because each involved company like italian JAS (wtcc, nsx gt3) jap/spanish repsol HRC (motoGP) american HPD (indy and IMSA) japanese HRC (superGT, superformula) jap/UK mugen (? I actually don't know if mugen UK is still involved in something like btcc) receive the budget from japanese HQ honda. So, speaking about IMSA and arx program, is clear that is HQ honda the one that decided to greenlight the acura lmdh program.
But arx teams, as far I remember never got any aut aut from HPD in the past... the only absolute thing is that it's HPD to pick teams and not the reverse, but racing programs it's up to the teams financial possibilities... back in 2011-2013 period, highcroft racing was HPD ALMS team, they received the new arx-01e but they had to retire just after sebring because they had no budget and HPD didn't throw them a penny. I recall JRM 2012 WEC program was some kind of last minute decided program probably backed mainly by brabham and chandock. Picket racing was the HPD team in 2012-2013 ALMS and more than once they expressed interest on running at LM but they never had enough budget and of course never received any flight ticket from HPD.
I think is the same for actual msr and wtr teams, I meah the matter is simple..
HPD: do you want to go to LM?
wtr/msr: yes
HPD: good, nothing against, save some money, bye.

This time HPD ruled out a 2023 LM in advance... won't be surprised if this is because of shortage of supply and spare parts for the first season. But in any case, it's all about 2024.
That's LITERALLY what they wrote and EXACTLY what both teams said. It is NOT NOT NOT their decision, Honda in Japan must authorize the entries. HPD ONLY covers IMSA racing and would rely on Honda main office to run the cars in WEC or LM if they are interested. MSR and WTR ONLY have deals for support in IMSA as they have made plainly clear, I recommend reading the words written instead of poorly interpreting a story to read what you want like a 9th grader English teacher would. They were wrong then and you are now.
Old 17 Jun 2022, 11:58 (Ref:4116062)   #31
kartman24
Racer

kartman24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone have an anticipated date in July that the Ferrari will break cover for testing? For me this is the most eagerly awaited of the Hypercars.
Old 17 Jun 2022, 14:46 (Ref:4116099)   #32
canaglia
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
That's LITERALLY what they wrote and EXACTLY what both teams said. It is NOT NOT NOT their decision, Honda in Japan must authorize the entries. HPD ONLY covers IMSA racing and would rely on Honda main office to run the cars in WEC or LM if they are interested. MSR and WTR ONLY have deals for support in IMSA as they have made plainly clear, I recommend reading the words written instead of poorly interpreting a story to read what you want like a 9th grader English teacher would. They were wrong then and you are now.

Look, I probably should just keep on ignoring you but since I've noticed that my sarcastic reply to your umpteenth provocations was deleted, the only thing I can conclude is that this kind of abusive and hostile behaviour is more tolerated. I can't and actually don't want to understand what's your point of be so hostile, but if you're enjoying doing that, I'm actually too old for this. But at the same time I can't tolerate someone may have this kind of tone toward me.
There are more polite ways to express your disagreement without involving personal attacks or provocations, so I'm officially asking you to have a polite and respectful tone towards me (and in general towards everyone). Don't get me wrong, it's ok to attack my argumentations if you think I'm wrong, debate is the core of a discussion afterall, but just keep in mind you're among civilzed people not animals.
That's my request and hope you and mods may read this post of mine, to aknowledge my good will to end the matter in friendly terms.
Peace and Respect.
Old 18 Jun 2022, 21:08 (Ref:4116273)   #33
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I recommend reading the words written instead of poorly interpreting a story to read what you want like a 9th grader English teacher would. They were wrong then and you are now.
Regardless of who's right and wrong here, you're way too much in attack mode. Also tons of caps lock doesn't help either.
Old 19 Jun 2022, 07:05 (Ref:4116295)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Let’s move on, there have been discussions…..
Old 19 Jun 2022, 09:29 (Ref:4116303)   #35
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To change the subject, could this thread be renamed to include general 2023 entry list news and speculation? No sense doubling up with another thread.
Old 19 Jun 2022, 15:08 (Ref:4116313)   #36
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Ref the BMW/ Honda to Le Mans points above

To be clear - neither will race at Le Mans unless and until there is a parallel full season WEC presence by the brands

Source - more than once - Pierre Fillon
Old 19 Jun 2022, 15:57 (Ref:4116316)   #37
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
BMW seem the more serious about it. Honda could do it, but it might be tough for them to find a place.

I don't 100% expect BMW to come in next year, but almost certainly the year after. It'll be worth doing a whole season of WEC just to compete at Le Mans.
Old 19 Jun 2022, 18:31 (Ref:4116343)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
To change the subject, could this thread be renamed to include general 2023 entry list news and speculation? No sense doubling up with another thread.
Done.
Old 21 Jun 2022, 07:16 (Ref:4116501)   #39
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We have our first taker! Hugo Delacour (no, me neither) aims to be in the WEC/Le Mans next year in a GTE Am Ferrari.

https://www.endurance-info.com/auto/...y-aura-le-mans
Old 21 Jun 2022, 14:41 (Ref:4116545)   #40
Coach Ep
Veteran

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...x-H8xXHZH3-Kmc

Johnson would have to go through the entire rookie orientation process before being allowed to compete. That would make for a very busy season if he were to do another full season of Indycar and potentially a limited IMSA campaign.
Old 21 Jun 2022, 14:45 (Ref:4116546)   #41
Coach Ep
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
We have our first taker! Hugo Delacour (no, me neither) aims to be in the WEC/Le Mans next year in a GTE Am Ferrari.

https://www.endurance-info.com/auto/...y-aura-le-mans
Trying to do LM in only your 3rd season ever in motorsports is asking for trouble imo. I guess we'll see a boatload of wannabees trying to 'step up' to the big show in 2024 and beyond...
Old 21 Jun 2022, 14:57 (Ref:4116548)   #42
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
We've always seen amateurs at Le Mans and there have been drivers with less experience racing there than Delacour. It will be a struggle if he does race, but we'll see
Old 22 Jun 2022, 11:50 (Ref:4116617)   #43
Coach Ep
Veteran

Where can one find the rookie procedure the ACO applies for LM?
Old 22 Jun 2022, 12:19 (Ref:4116623)   #44
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Where can one find the rookie procedure the ACO applies for LM?
I believe this is the first part of it:
https://www.24h-lemans.com/en/news/2...imulator-51618

I'd imagine it's another nice little earner for the ACO this one. Maybe in the spirit of partnership they could set up one of these sims in Daytona.
Old 23 Jun 2022, 21:11 (Ref:4116760)   #45
Coach Ep
Veteran

Thanks Simmi. Interesting to read about the 6 different exercises. And yes, it would be fun if mortals like us could do that sim program!

Anyway, I did some digging myself and found this:

https://www.24h-lemans.com/en/lemans/regulations

In the Supps (Supplementary Regulations -> https://assets.lemans.org/explorer/p...egulations.pdf) on page 59 + 60 you can find more about which drivers need to go through 'rookie orientation' and the exceptions. Basically any driver that hasn't participated in the 5 most recent editions of the race, is subject to it. There's a list included of all drivers that participated in the last 5 editions (2016-2021 as these regs apply to the 2022 race).
Old 25 Jun 2022, 08:55 (Ref:4116883)   #46
Mike E
Veteran

I guess with only three classes next year we should see the top 8 qualifiers from each class go through to Hyperpole, to keep the total at 24 cars? That would see most of the Hypercars getting through but there would still be a mad scramble for the last couple of spots. Should be fun.
Old 25 Jun 2022, 12:18 (Ref:4116894)   #47
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
If only they would dump the ridiculous hyperpole and go back to the three sessions of 2 hours qualifying......
Old 25 Jun 2022, 12:36 (Ref:4116895)   #48
Mike E
Veteran

I have found Hyperpole surprisingly enjoyable. But I sympathise.
Practice sessions after qually is odd.
Old 25 Jun 2022, 12:42 (Ref:4116897)   #49
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The hyperpole was entertaining enough but for me, 6 hours of qually over 3 sessions was much better. I agree that having practice sessions which are entirely meaningless for the spectator is pretty stupid. If they're going to have hyperpole, have it between 11 and midnight on the Thursday. But no, that wouldn't work for TV, would it?
Old 25 Jun 2022, 14:21 (Ref:4116903)   #50
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I quite enjoyed Hyperpole and from a meeeeja point of view its good to have pics of the polesitter out to the world by 9pm.

However nothing will ever replace strapping in Tomas Enge with some petrol fumes in his tank at 11.55pm on a Thursday night.