Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 19 Nov 2022, 12:30 (Ref:4134230)   #251
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've already signed up with them so will await their response but they say all camping slots are subject to avaialbility.
Old 19 Nov 2022, 14:42 (Ref:4134246)   #252
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
In all the years I've been going to Le Mans, and I've always been the ticket purchaser, until this email I have never been aware of a cap/limit on how many full week entry tickets the ACO will sell. Have you? If, this year, there is a finite number available, of which only 15,000 remain, this cap is something completely new (to me, at least).

Seems to me that they've finally sorted their ticketing website, which is now fit for purpose, but still managed to create a complete ticketing mess for their customers (and agents, from what I'm hearing), who haven't got a clue what's going on.
I think, because of the centenary event, they knew there would be plenty of spectators. So they had to work with the security local authorities to define really how much people the circuit could accomodate.
Old 19 Nov 2022, 14:43 (Ref:4134247)   #253
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
That seems clear enough, but elsewhere they say 10000 Early bird weekend remaining and 15000 full week full cost (but that includes the early bird allocation)
It is . Only 15000 full week tickets to sell including 10000 early-bird tickets.
Old 19 Nov 2022, 20:23 (Ref:4134282)   #254
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Following a tip off on here, I purchased weekend Expo car park tickets as an ACO member a few weeks back. Those tickets weren't in my account until I chased up this week. If you are only after car parking, might be worth talking to ACO before 29th.
Old 20 Nov 2022, 07:37 (Ref:4134345)   #255
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Following a tip off on here, I purchased weekend Expo car park tickets as an ACO member a few weeks back. Those tickets weren't in my account until I chased up this week. If you are only after car parking, might be worth talking to ACO before 29th.
I think that's very sound advice, unless a person is hell bent on parking in one of the car parks yet to be put on sale, which we don't even know will be put on sale per previous years.
Old 21 Nov 2022, 10:08 (Ref:4134436)   #256
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
I've already posed the question of my contact at the ACO..... That was my tip-off, perhaps I should have phoned as well!
Old 21 Nov 2022, 10:53 (Ref:4134452)   #257
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have received my tickets via DHL this morning.
Old 21 Nov 2022, 11:15 (Ref:4134453)   #258
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I've already posed the question of my contact at the ACO..... That was my tip-off, perhaps I should have phoned as well!
In the age of so much communication, still the best way to get a response is to phone people up!
Old 21 Nov 2022, 17:59 (Ref:4134499)   #259
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
I have received my tickets via DHL this morning.
I confess I baulked at paying 35 euros to have my tickets shipped to me in the UK this year, e-ticket / mobile ticket option for me this time around. So presumably anyone who's purchased and already received their tickets in the first wave of ticket sales will be expected to pay ANOTHER 35 euros if they purchase camping or parking tickets in the second wave of ticket sales next week...?
Old 22 Nov 2022, 19:14 (Ref:4134525)   #260
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
e tickets with everything in one place/ one screen great for Le Mand this year. Did carry a charger pack though.

Getting people in group to show right printed tickets at Classic at right times was a bit tricky.
Old 22 Nov 2022, 20:10 (Ref:4134528)   #261
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well all sorted now, GE tickets printed and in case people want to know the camping tickets have gone up this year TR camping now costs 105 with no member discount.
Best of luck for next week.
Old 22 Nov 2022, 21:14 (Ref:4134534)   #262
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Hedley Verity should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well all sorted now, GE tickets printed and in case people want to know the camping tickets have gone up this year TR camping now costs 105 with no member discount.
Where have you seen the info about camping prices?
Old 22 Nov 2022, 22:44 (Ref:4134545)   #263
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Er yes, where did you find that Simon?
Old 22 Nov 2022, 23:02 (Ref:4134548)   #264
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I confess I baulked at paying 35 euros to have my tickets shipped to me in the UK this year, e-ticket / mobile ticket option for me this time around. So presumably anyone who's purchased and already received their tickets in the first wave of ticket sales will be expected to pay ANOTHER 35 euros if they purchase camping or parking tickets in the second wave of ticket sales next week...?
They will send the parking or camping tickets after the 29th, it's an ACO's decision. I don't think we will have to pay another shipping.
Old 22 Nov 2022, 23:16 (Ref:4134549)   #265
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well the ACO like to do things their way.....
Old 22 Nov 2022, 23:21 (Ref:4134552)   #266
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well the ACO like to do things their way.....
Or there are strict dates in the contract with DHL.
Old 23 Nov 2022, 07:35 (Ref:4134572)   #267
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
That’s really excellent news, very pleased to hear you've been afforded early access to tickets, especially after last year's fiasco!

Well done Simon and well done ACO!
Old 23 Nov 2022, 07:38 (Ref:4134573)   #268
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
They will send the parking or camping tickets after the 29th, it's an ACO's decision. I don't think we will have to pay another shipping.
That’s absolutely crazy, especially when they're trying to promote 'green' practices and to become carbon neutral.

Old 23 Nov 2022, 08:12 (Ref:4134578)   #269
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
That’s really excellent news, very pleased to hear you've been afforded early access to tickets, especially after last year's fiasco!

Well done Simon and well done ACO!
If that’s the case fair enough, and understandable if you don’t want to say too much publicly, I’m just looking for reassurance that Tertre Rouge will be available as a public campsite after unpleasant rumours of its demise, particularly coming from one of the agents.
Old 23 Nov 2022, 08:21 (Ref:4134581)   #270
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedley Verity View Post
If that’s the case fair enough, and understandable if you don’t want to say too much publicly, I’m just looking for reassurance that Tertre Rouge will be available as a public campsite after unpleasant rumours of its demise, particularly coming from one of the agents.
Simon's pal Kevin, who he travels with, is disabled. TR works for Kevin, so although I'm only speculating, I believe the ACO are affording Simon early access to TR camping tickets to accommodate Kevin's requirements which, if I'm correct, is terrific on the part of the ACO. Simon had an absolute nightmare securing TR tickets last year, so I'm absolutely delighted that he's been properly looked after this year.
Old 23 Nov 2022, 08:36 (Ref:4134583)   #271
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Simon's pal Kevin, who he travels with, is disabled. TR works for Kevin, so although I'm only speculating, I believe the ACO are affording Simon early access to TR camping tickets to accommodate Kevin's requirements which, if I'm correct, is terrific on the part of the ACO. Simon had an absolute nightmare securing TR tickets last year, so I'm absolutely delighted that he's been properly looked after this year.
Hopefully good news all round
Old 23 Nov 2022, 09:37 (Ref:4134592)   #272
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yes the ACO like most organisations is keen to promote assecibility for disabled fans and even offers free tickets for disabled and carers, we always pay because Kevin is proud and says he is disabled not poor, Last year the new disabled facilities at TR, an ideal place for those with mobility usses. were a massive improvement but of the thousand or so people in TR Kevin was the only one with a visible disability, I have communicated with the ACO on numerous occasions with suggestions to help them improve access and they generously allowed me to order tickets in advance, However the rest of my usual group will be have to use all there skill to get premier camping this year, rocking horse XXXX will be in plentiful supply compared to some camping tickets in 2023. Good luck to everyone on the 29th Like me i suspect you will all be putting in considerable effort to get what you want this year. The ACO does sometimes come into a lot of critisisum but they do try hard when they can and i thank them for that.
Old 23 Nov 2022, 09:44 (Ref:4134595)   #273
S griffin
Veteran

I think pretty much every major event has an obligation to cater for disabled fans. It's good that Le Mans is no different. The ACO certainly deserve praise there.
Old 23 Nov 2022, 09:45 (Ref:4134598)   #274
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Yes the ACO like most organisations is keen to promote assecibility for disabled fans and even offers free tickets for disabled and carers, we always pay because Kevin is proud and says he is disabled not poor, Last year the new disabled facilities at TR, an ideal place for those with mobility usses. were a massive improvement but of the thousand or so people in TR Kevin was the only one with a visible disability, I have communicated with the ACO on numerous occasions with suggestions to help them improve access and they generously allowed me to order tickets in advance, However the rest of my usual group will be have to use all there skill to get premier camping this year, rocking horse XXXX will be in plentiful supply compared to some camping tickets in 2023. Good luck to everyone on the 29th Like me i suspect you will all be putting in considerable effort to get what you want this year. The ACO does sometimes come into a lot of critisisum but they do try hard when they can and i thank them for that.
Great stuff, just a pity they didn't go the whole way and permit you to purchase a ticket for Helen too, she is family after all.

Anyway, bravo ACO!
Old 23 Nov 2022, 11:34 (Ref:4134602)   #275
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good news on tickets.

Think work has started on former concert area behind GS before Dunlop (pictures on local papers). Plus new ACO building next year (for 2024 I thought) just past Dunlop on outside of track?

Vehicle access by bridge over dual carriageway, is spectator access from Rouge parking (now Panorama) that way too?

Given all the ACO cars parked near main GS and large old toilets and restricting vehicle access at main gate, if ACO club house? moves (or additional one?):

TR campsite could be reduced as if clubhouse, parking, new GSs (obvious place for new capacity) are placed - hopefully with much improved disabled access and still camping options.
Closed Thread