Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 28 May 2023, 19:59 (Ref:4158528)   #1251
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well this time next week i will be packing and getting everything ready for leaving in the morning
Old 29 May 2023, 05:02 (Ref:4158676)   #1252
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
If anything in your camping stuff is missing, in Fr you can find a wide selection of products and fair prices all year at Decathlon stores. The nearest from the main enrance is located at La Chapelle Saint Aubin https://www.decathlon.fr/store-view/...-0070008400084
Old 29 May 2023, 06:16 (Ref:4158684)   #1253
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well this time next week i will be packing and getting everything ready for leaving in the morning
I’ll be in the queue for the ferry right now…..
Old 29 May 2023, 08:35 (Ref:4158705)   #1254
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

JoshuaLeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be starting my trek down to Le Mans tomorrow morning. First, an 8-hour drive down to Manchester. Stop overnight for two days and then on Thursday travel to Portsmouth and get the overnight ferry!

Very excited to attend my first Le Mans in 5 years! Good luck to everyone with their travels.
Old 29 May 2023, 08:47 (Ref:4158706)   #1255
JimboCycling
Rookie

JimboCycling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any advice on how long it can take getting out of the campsites on Monday morning after the race?
I'm camping at BSJ and need to be checking in at Calais at 1130. Would have liked that to be rather later but I have commitments to get back for!
Old 29 May 2023, 09:04 (Ref:4158712)   #1256
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I'll definitely have to check to see whether I can do next year. I haven't been as lucky as other members of the family with going to LM yet, but I am determined to do more in life.
Old 29 May 2023, 09:17 (Ref:4158719)   #1257
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboCycling View Post
Any advice on how long it can take getting out of the campsites on Monday morning after the race?
I'm camping at BSJ and need to be checking in at Calais at 1130. Would have liked that to be rather later but I have commitments to get back for!
Well to be honest you will need to leave very early in the morning so not a problem, try to be past rouen before the rush hour traffic monday morning.
Old 29 May 2023, 09:20 (Ref:4158721)   #1258
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd not expect there to be any queues around the circuit beyond the first 2 or 3 hours after the race.
Old 29 May 2023, 10:39 (Ref:4158726)   #1259
JimboCycling
Rookie

JimboCycling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to know, thanks both
Old 29 May 2023, 10:46 (Ref:4158727)   #1260
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well just booked my "Snack" at the aco for wednesday afternoon
Old 29 May 2023, 10:47 (Ref:4158728)   #1261
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Flying to Paris Saturday morning. Sunday morning at 7:30 am TGV to Le Mans for Test Day, going back in the evening. Next Tuesday at 10:30 am (strikes permitting), back on the TGV to Le Mans again for the rest of the week.

Who else is going to be around at the Test Day? If everything goes well, I'll probably be trackside on Sunday (this week) from 9:30 am to about 4pm.
Old 29 May 2023, 11:30 (Ref:4158729)   #1262
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not me this year. I enjoyed last year but wanted to do a shorter trip this year.
Old 29 May 2023, 12:03 (Ref:4158732)   #1263
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
You should have no problem that early - getting out of BSJ not normally a problem on Monday am (getting in at most times yes) - does get very busy heading past roundabout and through Arnage later in morning. Mulsanne and dual carriageway routes around east may be better then

Pitching/pegging tent on/through a cheap tarpaulin can help if packing up very early as grass etc can be wet then as have a dry tent and somewhere to fold it up etc
Old 29 May 2023, 15:06 (Ref:4158753)   #1264
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Just seen that Tom Kristensen has been announced as grand marshall for this year
Old 29 May 2023, 15:25 (Ref:4158755)   #1265
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Most leave on Sunday after the race, you don't want to be in that que. Leaving on Monday won't give you any problem traffic wise
Old 29 May 2023, 19:02 (Ref:4158778)   #1266
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Just seen that Tom Kristensen has been announced as grand marshall for this year
Can't argue with that choice
Old 29 May 2023, 21:58 (Ref:4158796)   #1267
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
He drove in the race a few times, didn't he?

Old 30 May 2023, 11:16 (Ref:4158832)   #1268
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I also seem to remember he won it a few times too. Against varying opposition
Old 30 May 2023, 11:56 (Ref:4158836)   #1269
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I also seem to remember he won it a few times too. Against varying opposition
Who?
Old 30 May 2023, 16:04 (Ref:4158870)   #1270
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Pete Townshend. I've been told that the dear straights are named after the Hunaudières. Strange coincidence.
Old 31 May 2023, 12:55 (Ref:4158962)   #1271
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It's being reported that the ACO have changed their position on the later opening dates for some of the campsites. Now they will all open on 2nd June. I don't have a link to the announcement (yet). Someone else may find it before me. (I don't always find the ACO website easy to navigate!).
Old 31 May 2023, 13:15 (Ref:4158968)   #1272
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I still have not received a parking sticker. I asked the ticket office what the story is and they said if I don't receive them I can pick them up at the circuit. In case anyone else is in the same position...
Old 31 May 2023, 13:30 (Ref:4158972)   #1273
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, I've read that elsewhere. I'm really not sure why they haven't got this right. I got parking stickers a while back and got my sticker for the e-ticket I bought about 10 days, so why some people haven't received them I have no idea.
Old 31 May 2023, 18:27 (Ref:4159007)   #1274
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
Are the stickers including the e ticket one just parking related?
Old 31 May 2023, 19:06 (Ref:4159011)   #1275
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
I too am still waiting for special mail from Global-Tickets...

Are there actualy still paper tickets, or is it al digital on these blasted smartphones, nowadays?
I haven't been for three years, so no experience with these modernities.
Closed Thread