Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 May 2023, 09:08 (Ref:4155160)   #101
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
...Also it was good to finally get to see some racing in warm AND dry conditions for the first time this year, and a decent sized crowd to boot.
Indeed. Although Silverstone do their best to spoil it by having locked gates, fences, toilets, etc.

Plus the new hotel and housing complex taking over a big chunk of trackside space.
Old 9 May 2023, 18:33 (Ref:4155281)   #102
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Indeed. Although Silverstone do their best to spoil it by having locked gates, fences, toilets, etc.

Plus the new hotel and housing complex taking over a big chunk of trackside space.
That was a long diversion from the end of the spectator terracing at Copse to the open area in front of the Becketts grandstand. And then to find that the next section (Becketts exit/Chapel) which is one of my favourite spectating areas was closed off while yet more grandstand seating was being built was disappointing. One unexpected discovery was that the area in front of the Stowe grandstand had been opened to the masses which I've not seen for a long while.

Anybody know why the pedestrian tunnel near the entrance was closed off and what work is being done in the Brooklands area? It looke from a distance that the old banking at Priory(?) has been removed and the area levelled.
Old 9 May 2023, 18:41 (Ref:4155285)   #103
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was told that the Brooklands area work is to create an area for music and that we will be able to get to the fence at Brooklands once completed; likewise in front of Escapade. We shall see. The locked gate at the end of the Lamy Tunnel is presumably to keep the Museum inmates from wandering too far ...
Old 10 May 2023, 06:47 (Ref:4155337)   #104
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Of course in true typical Silverstone fashion they only closed the far end of the tunnel with no signs to that effect, so people (me) walked all the way through to find our way blocked.

Their attitude to spectators is really poor. It wouldn't take much effort to unlock a couple of the Covid gates and remove the temporary barriers to let people walk on pavements rather than in the road.
Old 10 May 2023, 17:56 (Ref:4155438)   #105
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Totally agree that Silverstone's attitude to the spectator is that we are a hinderance that has to be accommodated.
The locked gate at the end of the tunnel was a small issue but the complete lack of facilities down at the Club/Stowe end of the circuit was pathetic when you consider that the weekend ticket is £35 a time.
The PA system is completely inadequate, even when there are no cars in front of you. The one open grandstand at Woodcote was completely the wrong one! if they had opened the next one along you would have been able to see all the way down the Wellington straight ..... but no ..... they had to open the one to the right so that the view was spoiled.
Great race ..... really enjoyed the whole weekend from the GT action point of view but really Silverstone ...... you must do better than this!
Old 10 May 2023, 19:38 (Ref:4155465)   #106
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands99 View Post
....the complete lack of facilities down at the Club/Stowe end of the circuit ...
There was one ladies toilet open (all the gents and disabled were locked) at that far end (I used it in preference to peeing against a wall) and it was totally disgusting - and I have very low standards - I have a feeling someone had just broken into it or someone had forgotten to lock it properly.
Old 28 May 2023, 22:27 (Ref:4158640)   #107
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Cracking race at Donington today.
Well, the first hour was memorable with the owner/am's at the wheel.
The 2nd half of the race with the pro's aboard seemeda much more as the carsh?
Old 29 May 2023, 06:59 (Ref:4158693)   #108
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Cracking race at Donington today.
Well, the first hour was memorable with the owner/am's at the wheel.
The 2nd half of the race with the pro's aboard seemeda much more as the carsh?
Terrible last sentence there. Apologies!

Cracking race, shame we lost 30 mins with the SC but it was necessary after the no.3 Merc hit the tyres so hard.

Few points I took away. Great field, very conpetitive racing. First time i'smd aeen GT3's simce the Silverstone
Blancpain Enduro in 2019!
The AM's are getting better every year. GT4's are decent in their own right and add abit of jeopardy for the scrapping GT3's when they come up to lap them.

The Aston and 77 Mclaren were stars of the first stint but knobbled by pit stop delays. The D2 Merc and #11 Mclaren gained track position in the stops.
After the stops Dan Harper showed what an ace driver he is, he passed 3 cars in 3 laps to get onto the tail of the Aston whereas Clutton in the 77 got stuck in a 720 train and I suspect frustration overcame him later when he collided with the other Mclaren!

Shame didn't get to see 'Yello' anyone know what happened to John Ferguson as didn't see the car after the opening lap?

Overall though top job by Jonny Adam to seal the win. Hankey, impressive and Jules Gounon just did enough to keep the hard charging Gunn and Harper at bay.

Looks like the series is getting stronger every year. Maybe next year we'll see Ferrari, Porsche rejoin and even a new Mustang join the top ranks?
Old 29 May 2023, 07:05 (Ref:4158695)   #109
Jamie Brown
Rookie

Jamie Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think John Ferguson hit a kerb to hard in the early laps which damaged the engine so had to retire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 29 May 2023, 07:34 (Ref:4158697)   #110
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Brown View Post
I think John Ferguson hit a kerb to hard in the early laps which damaged the engine so had to retire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ahh thanks for the info Jamie..
Old 29 May 2023, 10:36 (Ref:4158725)   #111
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed he did - you can see the start of the Ferguson incident and a few others here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/dwh38/...77720308634165
Old 19 Jun 2023, 16:01 (Ref:4164645)   #112
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not good. #55 Raceway Ginetta and #61 Academy Ford Disqualified from Snetterton.

They say it was for a "verbally abusive exchange" but to be disqualified from the entire event and get 6 behaviour warning points it must have been pretty nasty.

https://www.britishgt.com/news/966
Old 19 Jun 2023, 18:26 (Ref:4164665)   #113
tocatrucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Lane 1 of the A1M
tocatrucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crees gone now.
Quote:
https://www.facebook.com/michael.crees
�� Announcement ��
Following an altercation on Sunday 18th June 2023 after race two. I have decided to end my season with Thomas Holland Racing.
I would like to thank Raceway Motorsport who have given me the opportunity to show my potential as a GT racing driver.
Thanks to all my loyal fans and dedicated sponsors for the support!! #creesy777
Old 20 Jun 2023, 00:32 (Ref:4164722)   #114
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Good grief, what on earth went on there then?!
Did they actually come to blows?
Old 20 Jun 2023, 12:18 (Ref:4164759)   #115
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tocatrucky View Post
Crees gone now.
Curious.
Old 22 Jul 2023, 09:05 (Ref:4169388)   #116
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

#77 720 replaced with an Aston this weekend for Tillbrook and Clutton!

Phil Keen subs for Gounon alongside Loggie and Niki Thiim in for Gunn at Beachdean!.

Looks like there is a GT4 swap too with a Mclaren replaced by a Merc but not sure which outfit?
Old 22 Jul 2023, 10:21 (Ref:4169398)   #117
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
#77 720 replaced with an Aston this weekend for Tillbrook and Clutton!

Phil Keen subs for Gounon alongside Loggie and Niki Thiim in for Gunn at Beachdean!.

Looks like there is a GT4 swap too with a Mclaren replaced by a Merc but not sure which outfit?
Enduro have ditched both Mclarens in GT3/4, an Aston & Mercedes replacing them, Matt Topham is driving with Marcus as well now
Old 23 Jul 2023, 22:08 (Ref:4169627)   #118
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeW04 View Post
Enduro have ditched both Mclarens in GT3/4, an Aston & Mercedes replacing them, Matt Topham is driving with Marcus as well now
Ah yes, ok thanks for this
Old 22 Sep 2023, 08:09 (Ref:4177757)   #119
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Enjoyable day at Brands Hatch last weekend. Shame that the first lap incident knocked a couple of quick cars back, but I really enjoyed the scrap between Harper and Gunn for first.

Seems an especially colourful field of cars this year (especially in the sunshine!). Uploaded a few pictures, few faves...

Absolutely love the D2 throwback: easily the best livery of the day!

Few more pictures here:

Flickr - British GT 2023 - Round 8, Brands Hatch

If anyone is interested.
Old 22 Sep 2023, 10:42 (Ref:4177765)   #120
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The event will also go down in history as the last with a clear, close view of Paddock Hill Bend, as construction of the new (GP circuit style) catchfencing began shortly afterwards…
Old 22 Sep 2023, 10:52 (Ref:4177768)   #121
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
The event will also go down in history as the last with a clear, close view of Paddock Hill Bend, as construction of the new (GP circuit style) catchfencing began shortly afterwards…
Oh no, I didn't know that. I hope they leave Druids (inside) and Hawthorns alone, the only bits of the circuit they haven't messed with yet.
Old 22 Sep 2023, 12:56 (Ref:4177786)   #122
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yep…no signs of that happening for the time being! Just have to appreciate what’s left, while it lasts.
Old 22 Sep 2023, 13:26 (Ref:4177796)   #123
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
Yep…no signs of that happening for the time being! Just have to appreciate what’s left, while it lasts.
Absolutely; it is frustrating when you go to Brands and look at all the viewing we used to have but, exactly as you say, I really appreciate the "clear" spots tat are left.
Old 27 Sep 2023, 09:19 (Ref:4178482)   #124
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
The new fencing runs all the way up to the bridge (the big oak tree has gone). I assume they're going to extend the gravel trap and take out the part of the banking that sticks out at the end of the gravel trap. It looks like you won't be able to 'get over' the fence anywhere up there for photography. Another spot ruined - really running out of good spots now
Attached Images

Old 27 Sep 2023, 22:38 (Ref:4178567)   #125
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
The new fencing runs all the way up to the bridge (the big oak tree has gone). I assume they're going to extend the gravel trap and take out the part of the banking that sticks out at the end of the gravel trap. It looks like you won't be able to 'get over' the fence anywhere up there for photography. Another spot ruined - really running out of good spots now
Spot on