Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 2 Mar 2023, 13:46 (Ref:4145491)   #1
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Round 1: Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg, March 3 -5.

Round 1: Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg, March 3 -5.

The off season is almost over, as the 2023 season finally gets underway this Friday at 3:00 PM ET with Practice 1.

Last year St. Petersburg returned to the calendar as the season opener, after both the 2020 and 2021 seasons were disrupted due to the covid pandemic. In 2021 St. Petersburg was initially canceled but eventually reinstated as the season finale and in 2022, St. Petersburg swaped places with Barber Motosports Park which became the season opener.

This year will be the 20th running of the event on the current course and the 18th as an IndyCar race and there will be 27 entries for this year's opener.

The event was first held as part of the SCCA Trans-Am Series, on the downtown waterfront circuit, from 1985-1990 but when local residents and businesses complained about the noise it was cancelled. The race returned briefly from 1996-1997 on a new course around Tropicana Field. After a second hiatus, the event returned in 2003 but as a Champ Car race, using a modified layout of the original 1985–1990 waterfront circuit. In 2004, the event was cancelled due to a dispute between the promoters but returned in 2005, this time as part of the IRL IndyCar Series, making it the first non-oval event for the Indy Racing League.

Firestone debuted its green-banded race tires, with sidewalls made from sustainable guayule rubber, at last year's Big Machine Music City Grand Prix in Nashville. This year the tyres will be used at all 5 street races starting at St. Petersburg.

-

Some trivia:
The driver with most wins: 3, Hélio Castroneves, 2006, 2007, 2012.
The team with most wins: 12, Team Penske, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019, 2020, 2022.

-

Track layout:

Length: 1.8 Miles (2.9 Km)
Turns: 14

Lap record:
Will Power 59.30, 109.104 Mph (175.586 Km/h).
Team Penske,
Dallara IR18-Chevrolet Indy V6.
ITT IndyCar Series.

-

Last year's race:
https://www.indycar.com/news/2022/02/02-27-stpete-race

Pole:
Scott McLaughlin,
Team Penske,
Dallara IR18-Chevrolet Indy V6

Winner:
Scott McLaughlin,
Team Penske,
Dallara IR18-Chevrolet Indy V6

Laps 100
Distance 180 Miles (289.681 Km)
Race Time 1:51:27.3466
Average Speed 96.899 Mph, (155.944 Km/h)
Fastest lap: Conor Daly - Ed Carpenter Racing. Lap 53, 60.987 sec. 106.253 Mph (170.997 Km/h)

Caution periods: 1
Laps: 8 - 25 to 32

-

Practice and Qualifications
Friday, Mar 3. 3:00 PM - 4:15 PM ET, Practice 1

Saturday, Mar 4 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM ET, Practice 2

Saturday, Mar 4
2:15 PM - 2:25 PM ET. Qualifications - Round 1 Group 1

Saturday, Mar 4
2:35 PM - 2:45 PM ET. Qualifications - Round 1 Group 2

Saturday, Mar 4
2:55 PM - 3:05 PM ET. Qualifications - Round 2

Saturday, Mar 4
3:15 PM - 3:30 PM ET. Qualifications - Firestone Fast 6

-

Race Broadcast:
Sunday, March 5.
NBC: 12:00pm ET, 5:00pm UTC.
Sky sports action: 5:00pm GMT.
Old 2 Mar 2023, 16:44 (Ref:4145510)   #2
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon it'll be a much better race than the Bahrain G.P.
Old 2 Mar 2023, 17:29 (Ref:4145518)   #3
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, I always liked the St Pete layout. Glad the season is getting under way.

Nice post 1 as ever, bjs!
Old 3 Mar 2023, 01:49 (Ref:4145547)   #4
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Cant get excited for this, cant get excited for any motorsport anymore. Sad. Its been my life for so long but now im just like

Why?
Old 3 Mar 2023, 02:22 (Ref:4145549)   #5
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I guess you want us to feel sorry for you posting that everywhere you can?? If I didn't like it I would just start going other places than staying a motorsports forum, but that's just me
Old 3 Mar 2023, 16:19 (Ref:4145632)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Yeah, I always liked the St Pete layout. Glad the season is getting under way.

Nice post 1 as ever, bjs!
Old 3 Mar 2023, 21:41 (Ref:4145657)   #7
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thoroughly enjoyed the 1st session. Well done to Kyle Kirkwood for being fastest and well done to Graham Rahal for a very honest interview, hope tomorrow goes better for him.
Old 3 Mar 2023, 23:07 (Ref:4145665)   #8
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I guess you want us to feel sorry for you posting that everywhere you can?? If I didn't like it I would just start going other places than staying a motorsports forum, but that's just me
Maybe they're hoping to find a fix?

Per The Fat Clerk, this should 1000x better than the Bahrain GP. Tell me again why we're racing in Bahrain? Sorry. Wrong thread. And the answer is money. I knew before I asked.
Old 4 Mar 2023, 01:20 (Ref:4145672)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If it needs a fix this is it: There’s a new Indycar driver to follow. Sting Ray Robb.
Called Sting after the place his ancestors lived - Stirlingshire, Scotland, shortened to Sting (Source: Wikipedia). Why not Stirling?
Anyway, I’ve not been this excited since Billy Boat was around.

Practice 1. Sounds like Dixon banged in a time at the end.
Old 4 Mar 2023, 01:57 (Ref:4145680)   #10
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This weekend snuck up on me! Forgot it was this weekend! I'll be traveling but might just make it home for the race.
Old 4 Mar 2023, 16:10 (Ref:4145736)   #11
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
This weekend snuck up on me! Forgot it was this weekend! I'll be traveling but might just make it home for the race.
Me too!! No games for us tomorrow so I'll have to give it watch live!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
If it needs a fix this is it: There’s a new Indycar driver to follow. Sting Ray Robb.
Called Sting after the place his ancestors lived - Stirlingshire, Scotland, shortened to Sting (Source: Wikipedia). Why not Stirling?
Anyway, I’ve not been this excited since Billy Boat was around.

Practice 1. Sounds like Dixon banged in a time at the end.
I forgot about Sting Ray!! Brilliant!!

And yeah, Sterling would make more sense but yeah nah.

Dixon was on the Dale Jr Download earlier this week. Great conversation.
Old 4 Mar 2023, 19:27 (Ref:4145750)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
First example of the new Q red flag rules.
Old 4 Mar 2023, 19:33 (Ref:4145752)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
A few people had to save the,selves, but no problem really.

Sting Ray Robb isn’t through to the super 12
Old 4 Mar 2023, 19:57 (Ref:4145754)   #14
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
VeeKay not happy about being held up.
Old 4 Mar 2023, 20:00 (Ref:4145755)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
In the magnificent dozen people are trying out the escape road!
Old 4 Mar 2023, 20:08 (Ref:4145756)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
VeeKay not happy about being held up.
Great interview
Old 4 Mar 2023, 20:09 (Ref:4145757)   #17
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
McLaughlin just makes it into the Fast 6.
Old 4 Mar 2023, 20:11 (Ref:4145758)   #18
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
McLaughlin sneaks into the stupendous six.
Old 4 Mar 2023, 20:11 (Ref:4145759)   #19
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:

Andretti happy and looks strong.
Old 4 Mar 2023, 20:18 (Ref:4145760)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Kirkwood. Oops.
Old 4 Mar 2023, 20:20 (Ref:4145761)   #21
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
The front left is a mess.
Old 4 Mar 2023, 20:23 (Ref:4145762)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Everyone’s line into that corner makes me squirm.

Shame, he was looking quick. Although short on tyres?
Old 4 Mar 2023, 20:27 (Ref:4145763)   #23
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
but lost it when there. kept his foot in.
Old 4 Mar 2023, 20:29 (Ref:4145764)   #24
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
The Fast 6 fast becoming the Attritional 6.
Old 4 Mar 2023, 20:33 (Ref:4145765)   #25
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
And now we are French Swiss 1.

What a lap.