Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Will BAR score any points in the remaining 8 races?
Yes 14 46.67%
No 16 53.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23 Jun 2002, 14:53 (Ref:319626)   #1
Mark F1
Racer

Mark F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will BAR score any points this year?

After another poor weekend, BAR still have no points on the board yet. But, Will they actually get some points this year in the remaining 8 races?

Since Ferrari, Williams and McLaren almost always take the Top 3 places, that only leaves the lower points positions for the other teams. But with Renault, Sauber, Jordan, Toyota etc. all having better cars than BAR, the only way I can see BAR scoring points this year will be if there is a very high attrition rate or rain in a certain race.

Also, If the rumors prove to be true, I can't believe that Honda are willing to back BAR next year and not Jordan, It just doesn't make sense to me.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 14:56 (Ref:319629)   #2
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
NO... Till Dave Richardson is there, there is no chance of them getting a point.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 15:01 (Ref:319637)   #3
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its not looking good.

Poor JV and Olivier.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 15:17 (Ref:319658)   #4
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BAR will always be a tail end charlie.

If Honda wants to win races and titles, it should back Jordan.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 15:26 (Ref:319672)   #5
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably not. The last two BAR cars have been disasters. I think Dave Richards will have a positive effect, but we won't see if this is the case until next year. They need to get back to where they were in 2000 but its not going to be easy.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 15:32 (Ref:319675)   #6
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes. (just wanted to avoid the "who voted YES" questions. ) They will. It's only midseason. They probably won't win the championship, but will score a couple of points.

Last edited by Red; 23 Jun 2002 at 15:32.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 15:54 (Ref:319697)   #7
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, I reckon they will! Jaguar, Arrows, Jordan, Minardi and Toyota have all got points, and at some circuits, BAR have shown pace to beat them.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 19:27 (Ref:319851)   #8
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For sure. BAR has shown pace, BAR is finishing the races (not like 1999), and surely, I would put money on it, they will score.
After all, Jaguar only has points because they didn't break at Australia, but they are usually worse than the BARs
Old 23 Jun 2002, 20:15 (Ref:319894)   #9
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, I think BAR will actually finish 11th this year with no points, behind Minardi. So far, the only chance BAR had of a points finish was in Australia, and they lost that because both Jacques and Olivier retired. The only reason Honda want to back BAR is so that they can become a full factory Honda team. I still feel that Honda are going with the wrong team.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 22:08 (Ref:319994)   #10
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are too many issues plaguing the team as it stands now. Salaries, new employees, the car, the Honda motor and last but not least the competition are all thorns in their pride. Inevitably BAR must get better. After all, they are really not the worst team on the grid. Minardi, Jaguar, Arrows and arguably Toyota all lack the pace of the BAR. Honda has a new motor that is much more easily developed and with more potential. Obviously it did not help much in qualifying.

To make a book short I feel they will score. It will take huge gains and luck. Luck, they currently seem to be working on (in other words they are becoming more organized). The improvements, well the chassis is "****", the aero has been improved and now the motor can be developed and will be thought the year. I would go out on a limb and say that the ra002e right now in its spec b format is the most upgradeable motor in the grid. No I have no facts to back this up but since it is truly untested and a new motor running at its base introductory state, I feel there is much more to come from it.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 22:39 (Ref:320017)   #11
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cant see it happening. Not on merit anyway. BAR sucks. Not just the chassis but the team itself. If they really want to move forward they should stop playing cheap publicty tricks on their number 1 driver and start concentrating on the car.

Next year is make or break for Geoff Willis in my book. Frank made Gavin Fisher a big offer to stay with the team, yet he didnt see it fit to give Wills a similar offer - that shows how Frank rated Willis...pretty low.
Old 24 Jun 2002, 00:17 (Ref:320049)   #12
Rambo
Racer

Rambo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they do, I hope it's Panis and not Villain-oove!
Old 24 Jun 2002, 01:19 (Ref:320072)   #13
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by neilap
Minardi, Jaguar, Arrows and arguably Toyota all lack the pace of the BAR.
I'll give you Minardi and Jaguar, maybe even Arrows, but you can't be serious about Toyota. I'm stunned that Toyota have an advantage over Honda at all, let alone in their 1st season, but they do.
Old 24 Jun 2002, 04:49 (Ref:320123)   #14
jpmontoya_fan
Rookie

jpmontoya_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes! They will score points, and more! They will be able to beat Jordan at the end of the championship. Just see the race in Austria, Jacques was so competitive..... they have the potential to score points, just give them some time.
Old 24 Jun 2002, 08:22 (Ref:320191)   #15
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, if the BAR continues to be reliable and relatively on the pace (like with the Saubers, Renault et al) then BAR have a possibility of scoring, but would rely on attrition to get there. On outright pace they are still seriously lacking.

More to the point, will JV even be there after mid-season because from what I listened to he's had a serious bust-up with the BAR directors and is one VERY unhappy chappy.
Old 24 Jun 2002, 22:04 (Ref:320784)   #16
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rely on attrition... everyone outside Ferrari, Williams and McLaren does rely on it...
Old 25 Jun 2002, 00:35 (Ref:320866)   #17
Rambo
Racer

Rambo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The renaults are snapping at their heels, too, don't forget.
Old 25 Jun 2002, 04:32 (Ref:320930)   #18
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In qualifying Honda has a better average position than Toyota. In points Honda also has more. Now as far as BAR is concerned thier qualifying is just about the same. So I do not see how Toyota has done anything to Honda. Also, lets see how this season ends. I am willing to bet that this is as good as it will get for Toy while Honda will improve.
Old 25 Jun 2002, 05:02 (Ref:320936)   #19
Arneal
Racer

Arneal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JV has finished 7th twice and I am guessing he'll slip into the top 6 for at least one race.

Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
you can't be serious about Toyota.
Looking at fastest laps, Toyota has only beaten Honda once since Malaysia. Looking at qualifying, Toyota has only beaten Honda 3 times all year.
Old 25 Jun 2002, 10:58 (Ref:321152)   #20
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Yoong Montoya
No, I think BAR will actually finish 11th this year with no points, behind Minardi. [/QUOTEI

I agree!