Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 30 Jul 2002, 19:10 (Ref:346572)   #1
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans 2002 video and DVD

Today I saw that the ACO have released the officical vido of Le Mans 2002 on both VHS and DVD. The DVD is 170 minutes!

Has anyone got their copy yet, and is the DVD in both French and English? I will drop by the club in a day or so but was unable to do so today, I saw the vids for sale in FNAC.

FG
Old 30 Jul 2002, 19:24 (Ref:346583)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
WOW. That is excellent. I'm glad they have done a DVD version. Is this the first year of the Le Mans DVD?

I wonder what features it has?
Old 30 Jul 2002, 19:38 (Ref:346593)   #3
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I look on the Duke web-site the other day and it said that there version of this year race will be out on the 19th of August, this is the first I have heard of a DVD.
Old 31 Jul 2002, 08:27 (Ref:346936)   #4
FG1
Veteran

There was a huge cockup with the ACO's video last year, they mentioned to me then that they were planning a DVD for 2002. I'm in France at the moment but don't have a DVD player here. All I know is that the DVD is 170 minutes long, is in standard 4/3 format (ie not 16/9 widescreen) and has excellent picture quality (I've seen it). I'll get it even if it's only in French, but I would prefer an English version.

More when I know it, but if you know more please post!

FG
Old 31 Jul 2002, 16:43 (Ref:347254)   #5
powermite
Rookie

powermite should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FG,

Look forward to the DVD.
You'll be pleased to know that I finally received my Steve McQueen LeMans film form the states and the good news is that my video/telly plays it ok.Havent watched it all the way through but the very start show SMc driving his 911 through the French countryside and through LM town centre,even pausing up at the square .This wasnt shown on the TV version.
Well worth waiting for just to get the correct box!!

PM
Old 31 Jul 2002, 16:52 (Ref:347262)   #6
PhilD
Rookie

PhilD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi PM, I will have to watch my old copy complete with ads and see if it has the square in it.
Now that I know aht the sqare looks like
Canada Phil
Old 31 Jul 2002, 16:53 (Ref:347264)   #7
PhilD
Rookie

PhilD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damn machine still can't spell
Phil
Old 31 Jul 2002, 18:29 (Ref:347311)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by powermite
....the very start show SMc driving his 911 through the French countryside and through LM town centre,even pausing up at the square .This wasnt shown on the TV version.

PM

The version I taped off the tele the best part of 10 years or more ago has that opening footage. Where he stops off at the offending piece of armco from the year before! That start and the music (Legrand, wasn't it?) always does the trick for me!

Looking forward to the DVD of Le Mans 2002 though!
Old 31 Jul 2002, 19:06 (Ref:347341)   #9
FG1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by powermite
FG,

Look forward to the DVD.
You'll be pleased to know that I finally received my Steve McQueen LeMans film form the states and the good news is that my video/telly plays it ok.Havent watched it all the way through but the very start show SMc driving his 911 through the French countryside and through LM town centre,even pausing up at the square .This wasnt shown on the TV version.

PM
Excellent! Any more on the rumours of the film coming out on DVD?

I must say I'm tempted to buy a DVD player for our French hovel just so that I can play the Le Mans 2002 DVD before I get back to blighty. Carrefour have them for about £80!

FG
Old 31 Jul 2002, 19:30 (Ref:347343)   #10
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've looked for the McQueen film at amazon.com, but they say it isn't released on DVD yet. They have an option for them to "let you know when it (the DVD) becomes available", which they claim they use to also let the distributor know about potential demand. I've done it for two different emails .

The website for Paramount / CBS is useless for finding out future releases, and feedback.

Last edited by paul-collins; 31 Jul 2002 at 19:36.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 1 Aug 2002, 07:12 (Ref:347634)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by paul-collins
I've looked for the McQueen film at amazon.com, but they say it isn't released on DVD yet. They have an option for them to "let you know when it (the DVD) becomes available", which they claim they use to also let the distributor know about potential demand. I've done it for two different emails .

The website for Paramount / CBS is useless for finding out future releases, and feedback.
Well I think we should all gang up on them and bombard them with e-mails, just to let them know that there is plenty of demand......
Old 1 Aug 2002, 17:53 (Ref:347994)   #12
FG1
Veteran

I dropped by the ACO today to buy my DVD of the 2002 race to find that they hadn’t yet got it in stock! My ghast was well and truly flabbered. It can be bought in Fnac in the centre of town but not at the club that publishes it! So instead I bought a tape of the ’95 race which I didn’t yet have.

The lovely lady in the shop seemed pretty sure that the DVD would have both English and French commentary, but I wont be sure till I’ve played it.

FG
Old 1 Aug 2002, 19:28 (Ref:348092)   #13
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just had an e-mail from duke promoting this year Le Mans video and DVD, so that means we are able to order it......
Old 2 Aug 2002, 06:17 (Ref:348338)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
Just had an e-mail from duke promoting this year Le Mans video and DVD, so that means we are able to order it......
Have you looked to see if it's in their online catalogue yet?
Old 2 Aug 2002, 11:58 (Ref:348593)   #15
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep Duke have it for sale at £14.99, the sound track will be in english and it has a few special features.
not listed on Amazon but I am sure it will be widely available.
Old 2 Aug 2002, 12:50 (Ref:348643)   #16
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just had a look on the Alex Reade site, no news on LM 2002 DVD yet, but they are selling two vid's that may be of interest
one called 'Le Mans 60-61' & follows the 60 & 61 race from the view point of the Trimph team
The other is called Speed Merchants and covers the 1972 sports car world champs with comments from Vic Elford & super Mario.
Has anyone got these?
Old 7 Aug 2002, 18:16 (Ref:352451)   #17
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
No connection with the DVD or the video, but the threads about the 2002 race have vanished...

If you want some pictures to wait for the DVD, go there :
http://www.photo-sphere.com/index.asp?gallery=24hlemans
It's a line giving by David Legangneux.
Old 12 Aug 2002, 23:44 (Ref:356537)   #18
FG1
Veteran

On the DVD I bought from FNAC there is no English commentary. The picture quality is excellent and the commentary in French is quite good (given that I understand only about 50% of it) and features Sebatian Bordais (sp?).

FG
Old 13 Aug 2002, 13:52 (Ref:356872)   #19
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Play247 say that the DVD's availability is:
Due for release on 19/08/2002

The special features are:
Interview with Tom Kristensen
Additional in-car footage around the track
Coverage of drivers' parade
Night-time shots

And the comprehensive review is (in it's entirety):
Le Mans 2002 - the official highlights of the world's greatest 24 hour endurance race!

Oh and it's £11.99 inc. delivery to the UK.