Yes 13 59.09%
No 9 40.91%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4 Aug 2002, 22:13 (Ref:350053)   #1
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Sato score any points this year?

Sato hasn't scored any points so far this season. But will he score any in the remaining 5 races? In my opinion, the only way I can see Sato scoring points his year will be if there is a very high attrition rate or rain in any of the remaining races.
Old 4 Aug 2002, 22:16 (Ref:350054)   #2
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
probably yes
Old 4 Aug 2002, 22:21 (Ref:350058)   #3
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd like to think so.. But with the strength of the competition that might be difficult.

I know earlier on in the season I slammed him and even then I said I hope that he would prove me wrong, and I think he has.

It would be a shame if the damage has already been done with regards to him getting a drve next year, but even if he isn't in the driver line up for 2003, he'l be back.

But saying that, the reality is in the well-known quote 'You're only as good as your last race.' Perhaps this may work in Sato's favour.

Last edited by Spudgun; 4 Aug 2002 at 22:23.
Old 5 Aug 2002, 00:33 (Ref:350116)   #4
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
NO
For Sato, to score points, you would need sufficient cars from McLaren, Ferrari, Williams, Sauber, and the other Jordan to conk out, and then Sato has to avoid the barriers or the gravel traps. Can't see it this year. In fact, he might even get fierd and be replaced by HHF or Massa for the rest of this season.
(I suppose he'll end up on the podium in Hungary to prove me wrong )

Valve
Old 5 Aug 2002, 03:08 (Ref:350162)   #5
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would like to say yes, but unfortunately, I agree with VB that it will take a lot of retirements in front of Sato, or some bloody good luck, for him to score even a 6th.

I'm hoping he can prove me wrong.
Old 5 Aug 2002, 03:20 (Ref:350164)   #6
bosch!
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
GodZone
bosch! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if we get silverstone conditions every bridgestone runner who keeps it on the island will score points. sato is supposed to be good in the wet so......maybe!
Old 5 Aug 2002, 07:02 (Ref:350198)   #7
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it rains, or if there is an earthquake mid-race or something he might scrape into sixth - but it'd require a race like Silverstone that favours the Bridgestone tyres. I hope he gets a point, he is a good bloke.
Old 5 Aug 2002, 11:43 (Ref:350343)   #8
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
I'd like to think he will, (I'm still convinced that he has the raw ability to be at least a regular points scorer....)but it's going to be a real struggle- it's going to take a fair bit of carnage amongst faster teams for the Jordan to be in contention for points on a regular basis, even in Fisi's hands. I can't see the car having either the speed or reliability for Sato to score points, even assuming that he keeps out of trouble...
Old 5 Aug 2002, 11:46 (Ref:350346)   #9
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
In true F1 style, Sato will score a point or two, in what could be his last F1 race for a while at his home circuit of Suzuka.
Old 5 Aug 2002, 11:53 (Ref:350354)   #10
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Noooooooo.....this is just the beginning !!!!

yes of course he will score points !.....( i hope )

hehehe
Old 5 Aug 2002, 16:43 (Ref:350560)   #11
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honda has stepped up. Jordan is constantly improving the chassis or at least the aero package. I see no reason he cant score. Salo has points! He has the speed and the equipment to score points. Judging from the last race Jordans are now at least as fast as the Saubers. There is a chance and I think he will do it.
Old 5 Aug 2002, 17:49 (Ref:350590)   #12
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have faith he will score points this year, but it will need the leading cars to retire.
Old 5 Aug 2002, 20:26 (Ref:350702)   #13
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think its a little unlikely- the high atrition races are usually early in the year, and Australia and Silverstone are probably the most chaotic results we'll get this year. If Jordan get any more points,t hey will probably be Fisichella's, as he has proved to be the much faster and more reliable driver.