Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 5 Nov 2002, 21:50 (Ref:422507)   #1
LateBraker
Rookie

LateBraker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who's your pick for points champion next year?

I know, I know...we don't even have a complete list of drivers and teams for next year...but as it sits now, who would you put your money on? I'd have to say Bruno with NH is going to be unstoppable. One more year in CART for Bruno, takes the title...and then off to F1. What do you think?

Last edited by LateBraker; 5 Nov 2002 at 21:50.
Old 5 Nov 2002, 22:35 (Ref:422550)   #2
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Memo Gidley with whoever.

I had to do it Liz!
Old 5 Nov 2002, 22:51 (Ref:422568)   #3
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Look at Andretti's performance with NH. It was mediocre for quite some time. DaMatta was only fast this year. Last year he was fairly slow. I think it was a bit of a fluke. I really think it was NH that was the drive behind DaMatta. Look at Christian, he's not a very good driver yet he's been doing very well this year.

I don't think DaMatta's overall success indicates that he's 2X better than any other driver. In fact I'd say he's pretty close in talent to maybe 5 or 6 other guys. (there's a lot of great drivers in CART) DaMatta was always good, but never this good. I don't think Bruno will nessisarly be able to follow in DaMatta's shoes because I don't think NH will be as good next year.

With DaMatta, Dario, Tony, Andretti and probably some more top flight drivers leaving we can't even say who will be left. Tracy has always been plauged by bad luck and his own impatience. If he can get it together and the players car is good he could win. Pat's really done well this year, could be his turn.
Old 5 Nov 2002, 23:15 (Ref:422593)   #4
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tracy. Players-Forsythe is the best sorted of the teams currently running Cosworths, which will give them an advantage next year.
Old 5 Nov 2002, 23:21 (Ref:422597)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I wonder how much advantage the Cossie teams will have? The engine could be significantly different next year and negate any advantage.

I'm not sure it'll make much difference anyway.

Having said that we might see some of this year's Ford power teams do better next year because everyone else's engine advantage has disappeared.
Old 5 Nov 2002, 23:30 (Ref:422602)   #6
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, next year's Cossie'll be the same block, so everything they know about setup will carry over. There'll be some small but significant adjustments for the others teams, I expect.
Old 5 Nov 2002, 23:32 (Ref:422605)   #7
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm gonna have to say Bruno.
Old 5 Nov 2002, 23:49 (Ref:422620)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ABM (Anyone But Memo. )

I will say Justin Wilson or Ricardo Zonta. Both are very good in their current incarnations and Zonta has won three championships and a Brazil-wide award so far, and it's not his fault that he got stuck with a brick of a car and a of a teammate (it rhymes with brick).
Old 6 Nov 2002, 00:41 (Ref:422655)   #9
Evilsenna
Racer

Evilsenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go for it Patrick!
Old 6 Nov 2002, 00:43 (Ref:422657)   #10
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My wish, rather than my pick, is Oriol!
Old 6 Nov 2002, 02:15 (Ref:422679)   #11
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're a good sport Liz...and my real pick is Paul Tracy. Its his turn, and besides, a man with an axe to grind is as good as a few extra horsepower.
Old 6 Nov 2002, 02:39 (Ref:422687)   #12
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Everyone has been talking about Zonta. I can't say I was ever that impressed with him.

If Brack is around next year and gets it together he could do it.
Old 6 Nov 2002, 07:34 (Ref:422739)   #13
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry, Snrub, but Brack's not even in my top-ten. Bruno's no doubt smiling right about now. He seems to have what it takes, and he's my really, really early prediction. Love to see Paul win it for Players, though. For the both of them. Paul's been so fast for so long, and Players has done more for CART and its feeder series than any other single sponsor (that I can think of). Of course, I'm a bit peeved at them for having enough $ to sign JV, but not enough to retain Tags.
Old 6 Nov 2002, 07:57 (Ref:422754)   #14
tanalised
Veteran

New Zealand
new zealand
tanalised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pat Carpentier
Old 6 Nov 2002, 09:05 (Ref:422782)   #15
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Michel Jourdain Jr.

I'm going against the grain.
Old 6 Nov 2002, 09:40 (Ref:422803)   #16
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jourdain Jr. would be nice Manoz, a CART grown champion. Liz, Ricardo Zonta would be nice to see, but my moneys on Bruno.
Old 6 Nov 2002, 11:54 (Ref:422884)   #17
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michel Jourdain Jr. could be a contender, depending on where he ends up. Anyone hear any rumours about mim going to Fernandez?
Old 6 Nov 2002, 11:55 (Ref:422885)   #18
Liz
Veteran

P.S. Does Brack even have a drive?
Old 6 Nov 2002, 12:54 (Ref:422922)   #19
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fernandez is another candidate in my mind, but then I said he'd challenge this year. It could be one of the incoming rookies, especially if someone like Zonta or Wilson gets a Newman-Haas drive. Junquiera ought to challenge though, he has been impressive with a seemingly disinterested TCG team this year, and knocked Dixon down a peg or two, and Brack down several.
Old 6 Nov 2002, 15:35 (Ref:423023)   #20
O'Schumacher
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire, England
O'Schumacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tags, Tags, Tags, Tags! Ok, he's not won a race yet but I can dream.
Old 6 Nov 2002, 15:38 (Ref:423025)   #21
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Wait a minute - what did I miss? Has Zonta been confirmed anywhere yet? Apologies if this has been covered.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 6 Nov 2002, 16:06 (Ref:423044)   #22
Tiresmoke
Racer

Tiresmoke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zonta (i think) is rumored to be running with Racing Engineering (from the Telefonica World Series) who will be fielding a team. Far fetched. I gotta believe they'd consider partnering with someone like Walker than start up an operation here.
Old 6 Nov 2002, 16:23 (Ref:423053)   #23
FastCar5
Rookie

Canada
Toronto, Canada
FastCar5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't underestimate McNish, if he goes to NHR. He may not be a F1 rider but the power of the force is strong in this one!
Old 6 Nov 2002, 16:26 (Ref:423054)   #24
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Last thing I heard about Brack was that he and Dan Halliday were trying to put an IRL deal together with Rahal.
Old 6 Nov 2002, 16:36 (Ref:423062)   #25
Liz
Veteran

Zonta has not been confirmed anywhere that I know about. It's just wishful thinking on my part.