Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 May 2003, 21:43 (Ref:589555)   #1
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Schumacher & Masarati?

Take a look:-
http://www.dailysportscar.net/lemans...anstestsat.htm

Who knows post F1 Schumacher could return to LM in a Masarati prototype as he's stated his desire to race there again. Jean Todt seems very involved in the Masarati project and as we know he has a long le mans history, then theres Ross Brawn.........
Old 4 May 2003, 22:18 (Ref:589596)   #2
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
70% confirmed (?)
Old 4 May 2003, 22:56 (Ref:589629)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Would be a great thing. But then I think MS will be in F1 for a few years yet.
Old 4 May 2003, 22:57 (Ref:589631)   #4
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
With Ferraris 100% commitment to F1 I think its great there resources and expertise are now being put into a major sportscar project through Masarati. Sportscars has missed a works italian presence since Lancia in Group C.

Seems strnage however that Ferrari are producing a customer 575M to compete against the works Masarati.
Old 5 May 2003, 01:01 (Ref:589682)   #5
danhx
Racer

danhx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think Ferrari are actually producing the 575 racer. From what i've heard it will be like it's been with the current crop of 550s; all built by second parties with the blessing of the factory, but no real factory involvement.

Saleen: If he does drive the Maserati, i think it would come sometime after the close of the F1 (when does the FIA GT season end?). He could run it without worrying about damaging himself and missing any important races. Certainly he'll be in F1 for a few more years, but there's nothing to say he can't do a little moonlighting in other series. After all, he did do a little kart racing a year or so ago.
Old 5 May 2003, 01:36 (Ref:589698)   #6
JAG
Veteran

England
The 575M is an official Ferrari product like the 360GT, built by the same team who build the Alfa ETCC cars. The Prodrive 550 was totally independant of the factory.

The Masarati however will be a full works car with customer versions also available.
Old 5 May 2003, 11:06 (Ref:589932)   #7
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There will be at least 1 Maserati Trofeo N-GT spec car racing in the Bathurst 24 Hours this year, possibly a second, run by Trident Racing. It's currently being built in Italy.

What does this have to do with the topic, (well ok slightly off), rumoured drivers in one of the cars were current Ferrari F1 testers Luca Badoer and Felipe Massa.
Old 5 May 2003, 12:48 (Ref:589977)   #8
danhx
Racer

JAG: So are Ferrari actually building the 575s themselves, or are they just officialy licensing its build by a middle man? You've confused me now.
Old 5 May 2003, 13:36 (Ref:590012)   #9
MaxSport
Racer

MaxSport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nordauto, the Alfa Romeo ETCC team, are building the "official Ferrari Maranello". I am not sure if the design work was done at Ferrari or not.

Since it will be 2005 before the Maserati for FIA GT will be available to customers I guess that Ferrari saw current demand for a car that could win right now.
Old 5 May 2003, 15:13 (Ref:590075)   #10
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by danhx
JAG: So are Ferrari actually building the 575s themselves, or are they just officialy licensing its build by a middle man? You've confused me now.
Ever since the F40LM, at least, Ferrari have entrusted Michelloto to produce there racing cars, other than F1 cars.

The 360GT project is a Michelloto project that was backed officially by Ferrari in 2002.

Ferrari have recieved many calls to produce racing versions of there road cars for GT racing and last year the Ferrari/Masarati customer department was set up. The 575M is the first product from this new deprtment which will be built by N-Technology? for Ferrari. Its basically like Prodrive and M-Sport producing the Subaru and Ford WRC cars.

They help customers with the 360GT, 575M, Masarati GTS and the various one make cars.

I think Ferrari have realised they need a presence in sportscars as well as F1 to prove there road cars on the track against the likes of Porsche etc.
Old 5 May 2003, 15:30 (Ref:590093)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd actually be surprised to see TGF drive anything else competitively once he retires from F1.
Old 5 May 2003, 16:11 (Ref:590129)   #12
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i'd actually be surprised if he didn't ayse...but i guess we'll have to wait and see.

there was an enzo ferrari on display in the paddock/hospitality area...couldn't really imagine that car racing...but i guess we'll have to wait and see.

there is a train of thought that says that ferrari in f1 is great for t-shirt sales, but doesn't do anything for their superior car image. maybe they'll return with a factory team in the future...we'll have to wait and see.

one thing that did strike me yesterday was that the ferraris are still amongst the best sounding cars out there. like the road cars sound...but with added venom.
Old 5 May 2003, 17:37 (Ref:590176)   #13
karbon
Rookie

karbon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
which maser is gonna be racing in 2005? not the trofeo gt?
i remember hearing a rumor that a maserati gt racecar was going to be made using the enzo's chassis. is this what mikey will make his return to le mans in?
Attached Thumbnails
maserati gt racer 2.jpg  
Old 5 May 2003, 18:15 (Ref:590201)   #14
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No name for the new Maserati, yet. Maserati GT racecar is going to be made using the enzo's chassis.
Old 5 May 2003, 21:06 (Ref:590347)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
i'd actually be surprised if he didn't ayse...but i guess we'll have to wait and see.
Will he do it for love......

or money?
Old 7 May 2003, 03:42 (Ref:591887)   #16
GTV27
Veteran

GTV27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by racer69
There will be at least 1 Maserati Trofeo N-GT spec car racing in the Bathurst 24 Hours this year, possibly a second, run by Trident Racing. It's currently being built in Italy.

What does this have to do with the topic, (well ok slightly off), rumoured drivers in one of the cars were current Ferrari F1 testers Luca Badoer and Felipe Massa.
That would be awesome - is this real or just a tease?
Old 7 May 2003, 06:14 (Ref:591935)   #17
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I would expect Michael to run a couple of High publicity tests in the GT car once it is produced, but I would be surprised to see him race it. I would hope that the F1 test drivers would get a chance to race it, especially Badoer as he has been loyally testing and not racing for years.
Old 7 May 2003, 12:13 (Ref:592297)   #18
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by MaxSport
Nordauto, the Alfa Romeo ETCC team, are building the "official Ferrari Maranello". I am not sure if the design work was done at Ferrari or not.

Since it will be 2005 before the Maserati for FIA GT will be available to customers I guess that Ferrari saw current demand for a car that could win right now.
You mean the "Autodelta" Alfa Romeo factory team dont u Max? Nordauto are no longer present in the ETCC.
Old 7 May 2003, 13:32 (Ref:592372)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Mal
I would expect Michael to run a couple of High publicity tests in the GT car once it is produced, but I would be surprised to see him race it.

Aha! I'm not alone in my thoughts then.......
Old 7 May 2003, 13:49 (Ref:592387)   #20
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTV27
That would be awesome - is this real or just a tease?
Well, there have been a couple of stories in AA about this (which i guess means it probably isn't true )

The Group 1 Maserati Trofeo's are definatly on. As for Massa and Badoer, i'm just going off what i read in AA.
Old 7 May 2003, 15:53 (Ref:592502)   #21
danhx
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by JAG
Ever since the F40LM, at least, Ferrari have entrusted Michelloto to produce there racing cars, other than F1 cars.

The 360GT project is a Michelloto project that was backed officially by Ferrari in 2002.

Ferrari have recieved many calls to produce racing versions of there road cars for GT racing and last year the Ferrari/Masarati customer department was set up. The 575M is the first product from this new deprtment which will be built by N-Technology? for Ferrari. Its basically like Prodrive and M-Sport producing the Subaru and Ford WRC cars.

They help customers with the 360GT, 575M, Masarati GTS and the various one make cars.

I think Ferrari have realised they need a presence in sportscars as well as F1 to prove there road cars on the track against the likes of Porsche etc.
Ah, Thanks. That's what I was thinking, but i didn't know the name of company that builds the cars.