Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 25 Sep 2003, 20:56 (Ref:730137)   #1
Matt Dillon
Racer

England
Dudley
Matt Dillon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British Hillclimb Championship

For those of you who dont know Championship ended up as follows:-

1 Adam Fleetwood
2 Graham White Jnr
3 Tim Mason
4 Roger Moran
5 Trevor Willis(not bad for a 2 litre car)
6 Martin Groves
7 Roy Lane (not bad for an old un!!!)
8 Ben Butterfield
9 Mike Dean
10 Scot Moran
11 Simon Durling
12 Roger Fleetwood

Been a cracking season.
Old 26 Sep 2003, 11:22 (Ref:730632)   #2
james_williams
Racer

james_williams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Matt.
Old 27 Sep 2003, 13:35 (Ref:731711)   #3
Mrs BlackX
Racer

Mrs BlackX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: British Hillclimb Championship

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Dillon
For those of you who dont know Championship ended up as follows:-

1 Adam Fleetwood
2 Graham White Jnr

Sorry Adam but we are a Jnr household.....
Old 27 Sep 2003, 18:42 (Ref:732191)   #4
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
flagwaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
best season i thought for a long time.
New talent comming through, but some of the old timers still there.
What with andy doing well in ETC, you never know Hillclimbing may even get a higher profile.
Old 28 Sep 2003, 08:49 (Ref:732613)   #5
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We are Mrs Black X but you cannot deny the talent of young Adam....
Took the fight to an established champion and kept a cool head under pressure.........
Congrats to Adam.........
Old 28 Sep 2003, 19:46 (Ref:733052)   #6
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Astonishing performance for a first year in the top class, and what a great year it's been.

Well done, Adam
Old 30 Sep 2003, 17:17 (Ref:735589)   #7
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Gizmo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Woolley
Astonishing performance for a first year in the top class, and what a great year it's been.

Well done, Adam
Very true, however having seen him take two seconds out of the class record at Bouley Bay last year on his very first visit to the place ia knoew he would be there or there about if he could get himself in a big car...watch out for the old man next year...he says that there is no reason for him not to have a go himself now that Adam has actually won it!!!
Old 30 Sep 2003, 18:46 (Ref:735684)   #8
greenbean
Racer

New Zealand
brierley hill west mids
greenbean should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think adam did a fantastic job at wining the title but i think scott moran is won to watch for next year
Old 30 Sep 2003, 19:01 (Ref:735704)   #9
Pike
Racer

Pike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No doubt Adam did well this year - qualified for the 1st run off at Doune when Jnr couldnt in wet conditions that which ultimately won him the title. Still a deserving champion and new hill record holder at Prescott after last weekends Midland round. Roll on next year - few more Gould`s about, Jnr`s car up for sale - who knows what will happen??
Old 30 Sep 2003, 22:49 (Ref:736000)   #10
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by greenbean
i think adam did a fantastic job at wining the title but i think scott moran is won to watch for next year
Quite right, he's been exceptional this year considering he's had to protect the car as well. I'd be very surprised if he's not up there.

So, fellow marshals, can we tempt a few more of you into the hills next year? Stunning cars - faster accelerating than an F1 - spectacular action, great scenery, friendly marshals and more than a little beer available too, some of it free.

If you've only done circuits I urge you to give this branch of the sport a try, especially if Goodwood is your only hillclimb experience. You may well become hooked
Old 1 Oct 2003, 16:46 (Ref:736887)   #11
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Quote:
Quite right, he's been exceptional this year considering he's had to protect the car as well. I'd be very surprised if he's not up there.

So, fellow marshals, can we tempt a few more of you into the hills next year? Stunning cars - faster accelerating than an F1 - spectacular action, great scenery, friendly marshals and more than a little beer available too, some of it free.

If you've only done circuits I urge you to give this branch of the sport a try, especially if Goodwood is your only hillclimb experience. You may well become hooked
Indeed...the sport at it`s competetive best can exhilerating to say the least...so I echo Woolley`s comments...come take a look and see what we have on offer...only last week at Prescott`s last meeting the Bugatti owners Club put on a buffet dinner/disco free to all marshals and officials and what a great evening it was too even though at one point I was seen on the dance floor "cutting a rug" or two in me best dad dancing style but don`t let that put you off!!!
Old 1 Oct 2003, 17:54 (Ref:736960)   #12
Matt Dillon
Racer

England
Dudley
Gizmo though "cutting a rug" was what you do to the thing you wear on your head!!!!!!
Old 1 Oct 2003, 17:56 (Ref:736962)   #13
Pike
Racer

Dad dancing Gizmo - thought there was a handbag involved somewhere!!! As for a rug on his head Matt Dillion - definetly a trade description, more like laminate flooring!!!
Old 1 Oct 2003, 18:54 (Ref:737033)   #14
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Gizmo though "cutting a rug" was what you do to the thing you wear on your head!!!!!!

Dad dancing Gizmo - thought there was a handbag involved somewhere!!! As for a rug on his head Matt Dillion - definetly a trade description, more like laminate flooring!!!

Tsk tsk....contrary to popular opinion i don`t have a see through hair cut nor do I comb it with a flannel...AND I certainly dont look like a lobster...remember Jersey Matt?

Something I forgot to say...whilst dancing the night away at Prescott we were still able to keep motorsport in mind...there was a compilation video of action from most of the hills being played all night on a large screen in front of the dance floor!!!
Old 1 Oct 2003, 21:26 (Ref:737198)   #15
Pike
Racer

Yeah dead right Gizmo - trip up Doune with Fraser Madder, Clerk of the course on the big screen, shown what a awesome hill it is. You can see the sun shine off your head tho Gizmo!!
Old 2 Oct 2003, 08:44 (Ref:737668)   #16
paul.hickman
Racer

United States
uk, mallorca & florida...
paul.hickman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Woolley - thanks for the 'invitation' for 2004 - my lady and I fully intend to experience the excitment on the hills - that is if you and your colleagues are happy to 'train up' an examining observer and his flag waving partner ('cos I rather think that the Festival of Speed is merely a taster for the real thing...)!

Last edited by paul.hickman; 2 Oct 2003 at 08:51.
Old 2 Oct 2003, 18:23 (Ref:738340)   #17
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
You'll be very welcome. I recommend doing the camping thing as well if you can.

PM me for Shelsley
Also contact (I'm guessing - sorry if these are wrong)
Gizmo for Prescott
B1ackr0w for Gurston
Old 2 Oct 2003, 20:23 (Ref:738454)   #18
Matt Dillon
Racer

England
Dudley
Paul if you've only done Goodwood you will find the "Hills"
great, realy friendly everyone will make you welcome. Dont think the chief marshal at Loton Park comes on here you can always contact me and I'll pass your detauls on.
Old 3 Oct 2003, 10:01 (Ref:739039)   #19
paul.hickman
Racer

United States
uk, mallorca & florida...
paul.hickman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks guys! Shall certainly be in contact via PM - as for 'the camping thing' just don't let Sarah know you have even thought of it.... (those of you close enough to Post 61 at le Mans will know exactly what I mean!).
Old 3 Oct 2003, 17:04 (Ref:739579)   #20
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Quote:
You'll be very welcome. I recommend doing the camping thing as well if you can.

PM me for Shelsley
Also contact (I'm guessing - sorry if these are wrong)
Gizmo for Prescott
B1ackr0w for Gurston
No problem here, I will make sure the CM gets to know of your intent Paul, feel free to pm for any info...that goes for anyone else wishing to visit Prescott. You will find that there is a nucleus of marshals that do all the midland hills so a friendly face at one is a friendly face at all...come along to any one...we will look after you...honest!!!
Old 4 Oct 2003, 13:04 (Ref:740275)   #21
Mrs BlackX
Racer

Mrs BlackX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Gizmo
we will look after you...honest!!!
I will just add to Gizmo's comments that Prescott is very "partner" friendly too!!..... I often attend meetings along with my hubby and both myself and our children are made very welcome..

Old 5 Oct 2003, 11:49 (Ref:740951)   #22
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Hear hear to all that. Top season all round.

PS Last weekend I saw the photos from the August Gurston Party including Crazystu.

Must have been colder than I remember
Old 5 Oct 2003, 15:59 (Ref:741114)   #23
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets see em the BC
Old 5 Oct 2003, 18:48 (Ref:741196)   #24
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs BlackX
I will just add to Gizmo's comments that Prescott is very "partner" friendly too!!..... I often attend meetings along with my hubby and both myself and our children are made very welcome..

Mrs Black X you are very kind with your comments, let me put on record the fact that you are equally as welcoming when we visit other venues with your offer to provide food and drink to some of us who emerge out of our tents in need of sustainance and a little encouragement to face the rigours of the day....there...I know it`s gushy but true nevertheless...see you soon hon .....
Old 5 Oct 2003, 21:24 (Ref:741328)   #25
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Hugs all round then. And a beer for me please. Did we thank the excellent barbecue chef properly by the way. For those of you who have not sampled his fare, CrazyStu is something of a master of the black art. Well it's black when anyone else does it...